Common - Universal Mind Control

I had a hard time listening to this one...not the common I'm accustomed to hearing. He usually leaves me in awe with the wordplay

Probably his worst album. But I think its okay compared to other sh** out there.
My favourite track off the album is 'Everywhere'.

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

record gets no spins
i'm a huge common fan, but this album broke my heart.
frown.gif

I'd give it a 7/10. "Sex 4 Suga" sucks like everyone said, "Changes" is just another wack Obama &%#@-riding song, and"Gladiator" is eh. Everthing else is straight, though.

I wish he would go back to the sound he had on Be. I know a lot of people want to hear the 90's Common, but Be was his best album imo.

As for this album, I never downloaded it because I think the Neptunes are trash.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

i like three songs on this album

3/10 = F -

what a waste of ipod space

W/ me it's 3/10 but 2 of those 3 I only tolerate. The only song I truely like is the 1 w/ Kanye. Nevertheless I haven't listend to this in 4 months. Awaste of 10$

It was a lazy effort by Common...if it wasn't for Everywhere, the whole thing would have been deleted off my iPod. That being said, the song would havebeen PERFECT if Common wasn't on the track...anyways, I expect better from him. Horrible album.

Gladiator =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Punch Drunk Love, UMC, Make My Day, Announcement =
pimp.gif

I don't really listen to the other tracks, but I really like the songs that I do listen to from the album.

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

Gladiator =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Punch Drunk Love, UMC, Make My Day, Announcement =
pimp.gif

I don't really listen to the other tracks, but I really like the songs that I do listen to from the album.
same

Originally Posted by PurpHeartGrapes

Even if it hadn't been a digital release, it wouldn't even have been used as a weed plate. CD was terrible.
damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M Gooseworth

As for this album, I never downloaded it because I think the Neptunes are trash.
indifferent.gif

I like the album! It's not Common's best album but there are some nice tracks, Inhale being the best. I actually thought Common sounded nice on theNeptune tracks though I prefer him on more soulful beats. It's better than most albums out right now.

at first i liked it .......... n then i realized !$% im i listenin to..... can only bump to half the album

Hav people forgotten that "Come Close" was produced by the neptunes?
laugh.gif
dudes acting like the UMC album was the first time common rapped overneptune beats

You can easily see that the album as a whole is wack simply because the best song is "Everywhere"
but you can't even count that cuz it's as if it's not even his song
and I'll go as far to say that Common's verse/presence on the track brings down the quality, should've let it be a solo song.

But thank goodness it put me up on Martina Topley-Bird
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom