Competition between co-workers; Every man for himself

Everything is all rainbow and butterflies when the company is doing great

But when there is a hint of instability, down-sizing. That is when it's every man for himself

You are taking food off of his family's table
You are biting into his daughter's college fund. she gon have to hit the adult-only lounge to get that $$$ for college.
You had a working relationship.
You are now his enemy.

Are you "actual-friends" with much of your co-workers? There is that conflict of interest.
Are you able to be the bigger man and not let it get personal

As long as you aren't stabbing anyone in the back, there shouldn't be any issue and your friendship(s) should be intact when the dust settles. Downsizing, layoffs, etc....those are the breaks.

Just be a person of good character at all times, work hard/smart, and live wit whatever the results are.

Last edited:
I'm in a labor union and we know how it goes. We're all brothers and have an unspoken agreement between everybody, you don't talk down about any one of your brothers, especially to management.

Don't get me wrong, there's the suck pumps that do anything it takes to stay on steady, but for the most part, it's not too bad.

Also, when there's a certain amount of brothers out of work, we change the workweek to 32 hours to get more brothers working.

I plan on being one of those guys who stays on steady, but it'll be due to my hard work and skill. I will never bring another brother down and I'll never break our agreement. Save money during the good times and if I ever do get laid off during a recession or something, I'll just have to enjoy my time off :pimp:

When I was young, I was like f everybody, f friends. I don't know if I think like that anymore. Case by case. 

Back
Top Bottom