computer / iPod experts enter!

alright. so my laptop broke down. & the guys from geek squad sent it off to the manufacturer where it was fixed. unfortunately they had to give me a newhard drive so I lost all my data . what my question is tho . does anyone know how I can at least manage to transfer everything from my iPod back onto thecomputer so I can at least save all my music & movies? any help will go much appreciated.

i think if you didnt install itunes yet, you can plug in your ipod and itll read like an external HD, at that point, just copy all ur music back over to urlaptop and u SHOULD be able to recover your music back to your laptop

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

i think if you didnt install itunes yet, you can plug in your ipod and itll read like an external HD, at that point, just copy all ur music back over to ur laptop and u SHOULD be able to recover your music back to your laptop

have u or any one else tried this or r u just guessing?

Sharepod, its a free tool, you should be able to get the music off bare minimum with no issue. Its very simple to use. If you have an ipod touch, you have toinstall itunes and run it first (just make sure your ipod is not connected).

http://www.getsharepod.com/

You shoulda kept your old hard drive and just put it in an enclosure case and used it like an external. Thats what i did when my old laptop blew up.

I hope your ipod isnt setup to sync to your itunes cuz then you will lose everything once you connect your ipod and your itunes library is empty.

copytrans.net 20 bucks but its a life saver, all you do is open it up, sync it and all your songs will come up, and you can sync them back to your itunes, without paying the 20 you can only sync 1000 or so

Damn, what Pat said works?

Good *#$@
pimp.gif

i use music rescue.. every 50 songs or so it asks you to buy it, but you don't need to

Back
Top Bottom