Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

Hello,

I'm not sure what's wrong with my pc. My internet explorer crashes everytime I open it. I open the browser and choose a page and then it crashes and closes. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Firefox works perfetly but IE sucks.
[/b]
[/b]​

I having trouble downloading firefox on my computer. Everytime I hit "run", it doesn't do anything. The setup wizard never pops up.

I tried saving it to a folder, but it never shows up in the folder. Any help? Thanks in advance.

i have a few questions.

i have a harddrie that says it has a trouble loading the OS. Is it possible to access the media on the hardrive using linux. If so how?

I have another computer (win 98 I know its old) I tried to install a second harddrive and now it randomly shuts down and restart. Does anyone know why?

Can someone school me on VLC player.

How do you get rid of adware?
THANK YOU CHUCK NORRIS

Quote:
i have a harddrie that says it has a trouble loading the OS. Is it possible to access the media on the hardrive using linux. If so how?

Check this out:
www.linuxforums.org/forum/suse-linux-help/27674-accessing-files-2nd-hard-drive-through-linux.html
Quote:
I have another computer (win 98 I know its old) I tried to install a second harddrive and now it randomly shuts down and restart. Does anyone know why?

Make sure to correctly set your master and slave drive pin settings on your hard drives as well as any CD-ROM drives.
Quote:
Can someone school me on VLC player.

Nothing special here. Just another media player. Mostly used in settings where video needs to be streamed directly to a computer through LANs, but is used here and there by some legit companies (as well as adware/spyware companies sending video direct to your comp).

what's up fellas... I have a trojan virus on my computer and I think I got it from an the AIM virus... I have AVG, Ad-Aware, and bitDefender but these programs can't seem to get rid of the problem...

when I use AVG I try to move the trojan to the virus vault but it won't move it, the same thing happens with bitDefender... and when I try to run ad-aware it freezes (I ran a scan right before I went to bed and in the morning the program froze)... any help would be appreciated... good lookin out.
just my $.02

^ Try to run your scanners in Safe Mode (F8 when you reboot). You'll probably have more luck there.

I need some help here. I keep getting this message every time i try to defrag my drive using Diskeeper:

Diskeeper has detected that CHKDSK is scheduled to run on the volume : (C :smile:
smile.gif
. This is due to either a user request, or because the operating system has found errors in the file system CHKDSK will run automatically during the next system reboot. Until CHKDSK is run, Diskeeper cannot analyze/defragment this volume.

Every time i boot up, i get a screen telling me it's checking for errors, but i usually cancel that. So, how do i go about fixing that and being able to defrag my hard drive? Thanks.
*ROH mark*
Best athlete in Palm Springs: Andy Keane...

Quote:
Every time i boot up, i get a screen telling me it's checking for errors, but i usually cancel that.
Uhh, this may sound borderline stupid, and I'm pretty sure that it's not right, but I think you shouldn't cancel the chkdsk and let it run...

I was being sarcastic. Why would you cancel it if Diskeeper is waiting for it to run so Diskeeper itself can run? Besides, forget about defragging your computer. If Windows scheduled a chkdsk, there's probably something wrong with your hard drive, and if there is, data loss is most likely in your future.

Everytime I open my task manager, it doesn't even show the top bar that says Task Manager, or the 2nd row where it says like File, Shutdown, Help and whatnot... Along with the row under it that says Users, Apps, Procceses, etc... How do I get that back up... and also I can't switch Users, i'm on XP...

Task Manager? That's an odd one. I've never heard of that happening. Are you sure you just can't see everything on the screen or its entirely missing?

To enable fast user switching, go to your Control Panel-User Accounts, click on "Change the way users log on or off", select "Use the Welcome Screen", and click to select "Use Fast User Switching". Personally, I stay away from this feature because it decrease performance, but its on you to use it.

does anyone know how to change the icons to look like this.... i got the windowblinds and theme working but this part i need help.....
1zd6hcw.jpg

my money goes to nike .... if that matters

can someone please tell me why that when i attempt to import a cd to i tunes and now real player and windows media it freezes my computer? i have put over 80 cds on it in the past and now it doesnt work. if someone can help me solve my problem ill paypal them $5.
WE MASTERED THIS,
DONT YOU KNOW I EAT *ETHER* AND BREATHE ACID WEAK BASTARDS!!!

www.soundclick.com/nephilimofkingsamongstslaves

I just got a macbook and i'm lovin it already. This is a big post and I don't know how much stuff about macs is in it so does anybody got any good programs or whatever to customize it to be more "me"?

Also, how bad of an idea would it be to leave it on all night? I've heard it's not such a bad idea with desktops, but with laptops it's sketch. Thanks in advance for any help.

^ By customize, what do you mean exactly? Change icons? Wall papers? Just need some more specifics....

As far as leaving it on, at the very least, put it to sleep. My mac goes to sleep when I put the screen down, but normally I just shut it down. No need to have it on when you're not using it, especially if you want to extend the life of your computer as much as possible.

what program gets rid of trojan viruses? everytime it opens my limewire so i decided to uninstall limewire until i get rid of this trojan virus im not really good at computers so i scanned it with adware and i deleted it but iono if its fully deleted because i reinstalled limewire and it keeps opening any way to fix it
[/b]​

Your scanner may be detecting LimeWire as adware/spyware/trojan. P2P programs generally have a tendency to set off scanners.

You may either want to configure your scanner to ignore Limewire or uninstall it. Whenever you use P2P programs, you always open yourself up to security risks. Use at your own risk.

^i uninstalled Limewire but i scanned my comp again with adware and it trojan was there again i deleted it but im not fully sure if its gone or not is there a program that gets rid of the trojan? i tried finding it myself but i cant seem to find the folder
[/b]​

Is there any way for my internet connection to not disconnect whenever the comp goes to sleep? I hate leaving for a bit and coming back and everything being disconnected.

I need some help with memory.

ok i need to know what the hell DDR SDRAM Dual Chamber means?

also how to upgrade it from 512MB to double that amount(or more)?

Back
Top Bottom