Confession: I'm an NT Lurker Vol. How many more out there?

Since there have been many lurkers posting, answer the question that have been asked me.

Why don't you post?

I'm boy showed me nt in 03 but I wasn't up on forums
30t6p3b.gif
. So I just took it as this was ran by Nike and all the sneaker info was 100% true
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

Young and dumb I guess.
happy.gif

Kind of in the same boat, lurked from '02 till like the end of '06 finally got an account and i only post once in a blue, been pretty busy being in the military and raising a family, im not going to sit there and take pics of my shoes to boost my post count like all the dudes in the other threads.

I got put on in 05 because of the music forum. I would be put on all the new music and up and coming artists, plus the comments and battles were pure comedy. Discovered how funny and entertaining General was in 08. Signed up in 09 or 2010. Rarely post. Sue me

Originally Posted by ninongjhey

Well, I accumulated around 300 posts in my older name. So that was me maybe starting a thread twice and commenting on posts on the rest of them.

This name is about... a month old maybe? Maybe I'll start posting now? who knows...

I do a lot of lurking while I'm at work, so I don't have that much time to "follow" threads. I read, work, then read whenever I can again. If I post, I would probably be too distracted and do even less work than I do now. Kinda like... right now. lol
I started lurking in 7th grade, I'm a senior in high school now so that's 6 years? I always go on NT sporadically and usually threads blow up mad fast then it gets to like page 6 and I have nothing to say because I feel like it will just get ignored, which it usually does. And then I forget I posted and I don't go back to reply to people and stuff. So I stay lurking.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bwrestler15

I just joined a few months ago and I find myself lurking a lot because I don't feel like my posts have much validity to them since my post count is low, but at the same time I don't want to be seen as one of the guys who is just posting to up their count. Catch 22 FTL
frown.gif

exactly....

I joined NT back in 2001, same screename. I think 90% of my post-count was when I was in high school. When I do post, it's usually in S/T or here in General. Still see a few other OG's posting from time to time but a lot of them are gone/lurking.

NT hasn't changed that much IMO, I've always came here for sneaker news and the lulz. Any OG's remember me??

I just joined a few months ago and I find myself lurking a lot because I don't feel like my posts have much validity to them since my post count is low, but at the same time I don't want to be seen as one of the guys who is just posting to up their count. Catch 22 FTL
frown.gif
 I feel you man. Also, not to belittle myself, but I always catch myself saying why would these guys care what I have to say? So I just move on... onto the next funny video posted, or something appreciation post. haha
Some people take the internet much too seriously. 
You're insecure about people judging you whom you don't even know?

indifferent.gif

edit: after reading that enlarged text i feel like i'm watching one of those high-school vhs tapes where dude gets bullied all the time and all these phrases are swirling around his head 
laugh.gif

It's not so much insecurity. It's the same thing with conversing with random people in the streets. Do you not talk to them because you're insecure? I don't think so? I just like minding my own business. And the need to post something isn't just there for me.

And the part where "some people just take the internet much too seriously"... Other way around, some people just don't care enough. I sure don't care enough, that's why I can't, and don't let myself be offended by what people say around here.

I joined back in 2004... been lurking all these years but I occasionally post (rarely actually) in the S&T thread. But I lurk general every day...like someone mentioned before it is part of my daily routine. 
To answer OP's question... I basically just come to general for all the wonderful lulz and for all the current and most recent up to date news in the world 
happy.gif

*goes back to lurking

to those who do not believe...it says 2004 in my profile.

btw, I know a lot of people who checks out NT that do not have accounts as well. Everyone in NYC has heard of NT somehow someway.

I used to go hard on the post back on 08/09 but now I just lurk unless I find a topic interesting, most of the time, I'm here for the lulz.

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

frown.gif
 I feel you man. Also, not to belittle myself, but I always catch myself saying why would these guys care what I have to say? So I just move on... onto the next funny video posted, or something appreciation post. haha
Some people take the internet much too seriously. 
You're insecure about people judging you whom you don't even know?

indifferent.gif

edit: after reading that enlarged text i feel like i'm watching one of those high-school vhs tapes where dude gets bullied all the time and all these phrases are swirling around his head 
laugh.gif

Not tryna take it that seriously. I made a forum when I first joined just introducing myself and stuff and was welcomed by about 5-10 members and then about another 3 pages of "*looks at post count* 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
" I also posted my opinions on some threads and got the same response, members going out of their way to trash talk my post count. Sure, there are a lot of times where I feel I could contribute to the post but I feel like no one really cares haha and to be honest I can't blame them. So many people post things that no one really cares to read like "inb4                  " or "que            gif" It's one thing to post the gif cause their hilarious, but why post that kind of stuff? I'd rather just read the laughs and see what people really have to say. 
Lurking>>>>> 

hahaha just kidding
smile.gif

sort of 
ohwell.gif

Been lurkin since summer 2009, read a funny thread in General and I was hooked ever since.

Joined 2010, and post once in a while in General. I be in General, Music, & Sneaker Showcase.

NT always brings the lulz

I love it when people ask me "Yo whats that red and black site u always be on?"
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

NT > 

Change your SN, I'm NT's Ninong, you imposter.
Change it or I'll go straight ignorant on you.
by dat, i mean typin lyke ninjahood nd clappin dem shoulders, dont make me punch ur chest in son, bleehdat plehboi!!!

I've been here since the beginning and started on SneakerNationBBS. Met Alex (retro kid), Thomas43 and JerseyJoe there. From there, on to NikePark, then NT. I just sit back and observe the transformation. This name used to just be airgolwp, but I lost access to that email long ago. I am glad to see NT going strong and offer insight here and there. Keep up the good work Mods and lurkers!

Back
Top Bottom