CONFIRMED: Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey August 2019

Interesting debate.

Is there a duty to preserve an older "classic" non original CW or is it fair game to change. I can see either side.

I will say Id rather just get 04 clones then roll the dice with gentry playing with different greys or god knows what.

Interesting debate.

Is there a duty to preserve an older "classic" non original CW or is it fair game to change. I can see either side.

I will say Id rather just get 04 clones then roll the dice with gentry playing with different greys or god knows what.

In my mind I've always considered the first run retro+ colorways as almost secondary OG colorways. So I think they need to be maintained to some extent. Granted these are second run retro+ but they can slide.

Like when they retroed the Altitude 13 with mesh panels. Easy pass. Then they did the leather panels....day 1 buy because I had the first ones.

word i think people have them in their mind a certain way like the og's and basically u cant improve them at this point only make people mad.

if they were originally released differently people probably prefer it another way.

word i think people have them in their mind a certain way like the og's and basically u cant improve them at this point only make people mad.

if they were originally released differently people probably prefer it another way.

Yep. Think that's very true.

A recent example is the blue snakeskin 11 lows. They look vastly different from the 01 pairs. But some loved them and some bought because it's as close as it will get to that nostalgia.

The one thing that made me kick myself for passing on the 04s is the quality. When I finally got a pair in hand (which wasn't in my size, and I worked at Niketown at the time) they felt amazing. I didn't even try for a pair because at the time JB/Nike was handing out cool grey cws and patent leather like it was going out of style and I wanted the cement 4s to be released, so I just overlooked this cw completely.

I was 13 when these released. Was just getting the shoe bug but parents wasn't spending money like that on shoes.

for me, 04s werent a perfect shoe either....grey plastic wings and a chrome on grey NA heeltab would go a loooong way aesthetically for me.

The sock liner on the 04 was very nice but the shoe hurt my feet like hell.. I wasn't big on IV's after that. These should be comfy though.. all IV's now feel amazing.

I think I'm getting 2 pairs.. this is very high on my list of IV's and they look so dope. I had these sophomore year in college. Still remember wearing them and everything to my Friday morning pre-calculus class. That was the day I finally spoke to Bonnie and walked her to her dorm :lol:

Was Bonnie a dime and is she still around? :nerd:

Black rubber wings would be so much better

giphy.gif

This is going to become my next favorite thread.. (then the Blk/Red XI's lol)

Im a little too hyped for these. Cant wait! The only Js im buying this year besides the bred 1s if they even release.

Back
Top Bottom