CONGRATULATIONS MANNY PACQUIAO!!!!

AJ23ToKB24 wrote:
Mukha ngang nahirapan din si Pacquiao kay Marquez, pero sa dalawang pagkakataon nilang maglaban, hindi pa rin kayang pabagsakin ni Marquez si Pacquiao......Sabi ni Pacquiao, ok lang sa kanya kung may rematch ulit sila ni Marquez at sana nga matuloy yung plano ni Pacquiao na makalaban nya sina Mayweather at dela Hoya.

CONGRATULATIONS MANNY PACQUIAO!!!!

Pero nung una sabi ni pacquiao "the business is over" (pero nung napasin nya maraming hindi convice sa pagkapanalo nya eh gusto na nya dawlabanan si marquez ng 10 beses daw....
and mas marami power connects si Juan Manuel.....

The argument against Pacquiao is bolstered by the fight statistics compiled by Compubox. Pacquiao threw 619 punches, over a hundred more than Marquez did (511), but the Mexican boxer connected more often (172-157). Marquez had more "power connects" too (130-114). "Pacquiao won the judges' nod based largely on the third-round knockdown, but the Compubox statistics backed Marquez's assertion that he should have gotten the nod," the Compubox report reads. (It can be accessed on boxingscene.com.)

akala ng mga tao mas maraming malakas na suntok si pacquiao dahil napatumba nya si marquez nung round 3..... Pero sa buong laro eh mas marami pala malakas nasuntok si juan manuel....

Yung putok sa taas ng mata ni marquez eh dahil sa accidental headbutt ni pacquiao pero yung tama ni pacquiao sa mata eh dahil sa suntok ni juan manuel...

Yung unang laban nila eh draw pero dapat si pacquiao nanalo....ito 2nd fight nila eh para sa akin dapat si juan manuel ang nanalo...
wink.gif

Pero sa mga judges eh si pacquiao ang nanalo.....Marami mga boxing fans ang hindi conviced kaya dapat may 3rd fight....

^^^ Well, the fight was closely contested but I think there is what the judges call the INTANGIBLE of boxing and that is the fighter's ability to be awarrior and PLAY TO WIN. Marquez was clearly PLAYING NOT TO LOSE just like Barrera did in their last fight. And I think the 3rd round knockout must havecounted for something since the score was too close that it could have gone either way.

Unlike Manny though, those 2 other boxers just don't give it their all in the ring and run the risk of getting knocked down or knocked out. That'ssomething that nobody can take away from Manny. It's Manny's HEART and the burden of carrying the pride and unity of a whole nation on his shouldersthat separates the guy from everyone else in his weight division or even in the whole of boxing right now.

If they engage in a 3rd fight, I believe Manny will still have the edge over Marquez. And if I were Marquez and I hit Manny with a lot of solid blows but neverseem to really seriously stagger the guy, I'd have second thoughts getting in on the ring with him a third time. Manny gets stronger and wiser the more hefights the same opponent. Morales and Barrera are good examples. Not to mention that the knock down count is now at 4 in their 2 bouts. I am not sure if JuanManuel's back would like to smooch the canvass once again. It's his pride that made him call on another rematch but if he gets to his senses, he shouldjust let it go and let it be.

Age will definitely be a factor also. Marquez's career has somewhat plateaued or is even now on a downtrend and Manny is still at his peak and gettingbetter and stronger. Put together the numbers, I don't think Marquez would like to get into a trilogy with Manny. To quote Manny, THE BUSINESS IS OVER.Time for Manny to conquer guys on a higher weight level and with more guts and the sense of risk-taking. That's what makes fights exciting. That's myopinion and there is no doubt right now that Manny is the best pound for pound professional boxer today.

Mabuhay ka Manny and you make the whole Filipino nation proud!!!

revelation218

I agree sa post mo na if ever na may 3rd fight eh baka mahirap na si juan manuel dahil matanda na sya at baka 2-4 years pa mangyari yun..(6 years differencenila sa age)

Sila barrera and morales eh obvious na talagang talo kay pacquiao....

I dont think marquez played to lose......Style nya lang talaga mag-counterpuch.....Kahit si Freddie Roach hind masaya sa performance ni pacquiao...

"It could have gone either way. Manny chased him around the ring too much. He didn't cut off the ring enough, but Marquez may have had something to do with it." And again: "[Manny] was more disciplined in training than in the fight ... [Marquez] changed styles, threw more punches, moved right and went for the knockout. He was a lot busier and put up a hell of a fight."

^^^ Agree that Marquez put on a better fight compared to the 2 other mexican legends. And yes, Manny's performance was kind of dismal but you can'thave a great fight every night. Marquez had a distinct reach advantage and it somewhat stopped Manny from zeroing in on his target. Well for me, I am justhappy Manny got the W. And there is no doubt in my mind that if there is a third fight, Manny will be much better and Marquez will have a much harder time thanthe last fight. If there should be any rematch, it should be this year. That won't be very exciting though as Marquez never really clearly dominated Mannyin any of the 2 fights. 4 knockdowns in 2 fights is still a number that spells domination

Pero dapat kay manny eh ayusin nya mga practice nya....away from the limelight.....mga huling laban nya eh hindi ganun kaganda performance nya....

Hinahanap ko yung dating galing ni Manny.......lalo nung bago pa sya......

May nakita ako article na ang ganda ng pagka explain....

As I See It
http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquirer...stful-vacation
By Neal Cruz
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 21:20:00 03/18/2008

MANILA, Philippines--I don't want to be a wet blanket, but for the good of Manny Pacquiao, let's face reality: Manny won by the skinof his teeth, by a measly one point. In spite of the hype and press releases of trainer Freddie Roach (which the adoring sportswriters lapped up),Manny was not trained to be a better boxer. Marquez was the boxer, Pacquiao was the slugger. The trouble with sluggers is that if they don't hit and knockout their opponents, they lose on points. And that's what happened to Manny. He knocked down Marquez in the third round but failed to put him out. He tiredin the later rounds, and Marquez piled up points and almost outpointed him. Pacquiao himself thought he had lost. When the ring announcer called the decisionof the first judge for Marquez, the Pacman began to move toward his opponent to congratulate him but was overtaken by the announcements on the decisions of theother two judges, which were in his favor. It was the lone knockdown that probably gave Manny the winning point. But it was a close call.

The Mexicans are understandably upset. Marquez and his corner immediately challenged Pacman to a rematch but the latter wisely turned it down. Theyknow he would be beaten soundly the next time around.

In a sense it was the fault of the Filipinos. They loved and were proud of Manny so much (for lack of nobody else to love and be proud of) that theyspoiled him, and he began to think that he was God's gift to the Philippines. He thought he was an invincible Superman. Politicians used him for politicalends, ad agencies used him to endorse various products, movie producers used him. He went into cockfighting and gambling, into politics and the movies. And hehad little time for boxing. He had to cram in training a month or so before his bout. And so he became soft. A very familiar story with boxers.

The fear of many of those who really love boxing is that Manny would end up like so many other boxers, punch-drunk and destitute. Pacquiao can stillchoose the right future for himself. He can choose to be a punch-drunk has-been like his townmate Rolando Navarette, a former world champion, or be like Flash Elorde, a much admired andloved world champion until now.

^^^ Now that's an angle I failed to see. Well, I hope Manny doesn't turn out to me a Navarette but instead an Elorde. He is better than Elorde thoughas he is the first asian to win a championship in 3 different weight classes in professional boxing.

The writer has a point. Manny was probably not as focused as he should have since he had a lot of distractions coming into the fight. Marquez ought to bethankful about that coz if Manny was single-minded in his training, I don't think he could withstand the awesome power and craftiness of the Filipinoboxing icon. Kung baga sa panalo na yun, di pa prepared si Manny
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LeBronGames

Pacquiao should have lost that fight with marquez.
should have, would have, could have.......well he didn't!!!!

he won and let's all be happy with it, ....sana na knock out...sana napatumba uli...sana ganito, sana ganyan....

matuto tayo makuntento...world champion na si pacquiao!!!! ano pa ba naman ang hinihingi nyo...lahat nalang nagsasabi kasi nag artista, kasi nag politika, kasiganito, kasi ganyan, hindi kasi prepared, hindi kasi focused.....ano gusto nyo??? ihinto ni pacquiao buhay nya para makuntento kayo???

matuto tayong makuntento..... congratulations manny pacquiao!!! dont listen to all the BS in this thread that you have to prove something else....you won , youmade your money...now enjoy it....mabuhay ka!

^^^^ Agree with Pareng Tsiken. I think Manny deserves all the congratulatory praises and adoration for fighting for the nation's pride.

Again, Congrats Manny and mabuhay ka, bai!!!!

Originally Posted by tsikenjoy

Originally Posted by LeBronGames

Pacquiao should have lost that fight with marquez.
should have, would have, could have.......well he didn't!!!!

he won and let's all be happy with it, ....sana na knock out...sana napatumba uli...sana ganito, sana ganyan....

matuto tayo makuntento...world champion na si pacquiao!!!! ano pa ba naman ang hinihingi nyo...lahat nalang nagsasabi kasi nag artista, kasi nag politika, kasi ganito, kasi ganyan, hindi kasi prepared, hindi kasi focused.....ano gusto nyo??? ihinto ni pacquiao buhay nya para makuntento kayo???

matuto tayong makuntento..... congratulations manny pacquiao!!! dont listen to all the BS in this thread that you have to prove something else....you won , you made your money...now enjoy it....mabuhay ka!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chill dude, i was not dissing Pacquiao, i just wanted to express my OPINION on who should have won that match. I'm not blaming Pacquiao's"extra-curricular" activities on the reason why he didn't demolish Marquez. I'm looking at the fact that Marquez is a great boxer that causesPacquiao many problems and so that's why I think Marquez owned him technically ( although he always gets planted on his %!# easily). The good thing is,Pacquiao still deserved the win because he got robbed in Pacquiao-Marquez I. And actually there's no BS in this thread because you've got to respecteveryones perspectives/opinions on the match. Tsikenjuy

Back
Top Bottom