COP TURNS OFF BODY CAMERA THEN KILLS A TEENAGE GIRL

I think there is probably also an argument for it being intrusive recording someone at work all day - I know I wouldn't want that.

It makes sense that it is a disciplinary issue if you don't use them when you're supposed to - and in this case there should also be an investigation into how she died. It sounds like it was just a case of being black and possessing a weapon and there have been too many of those recently.

I think there is probably also an argument for it being intrusive recording someone at work all day - I know I wouldn't want that.

It makes sense that it is a disciplinary issue if you don't use them when you're supposed to - and in this case there should also be an investigation into how she died. It sounds like it was just a case of being black and possessing a weapon and there have been too many of those recently.
There are bazillions of jobs where they are monitored with video/audio every second of their shift. Think about it critically for a second....how many jobs where the tape is rolling non stop. If any job should be monitored as such, it's this one.

You serious? :lol: plenty of jobs are monitored and if not by camera then IT lol

In NYPD don't you have to have 60 college credits or am I mistaken?

And this is just further proof that cops are idiots.... No matter the race of the victim or race of the cop.

^Yeah that's right but you can get that easy if you just got to the cop college in the city, John Jay.

Oh great he was fired!...

For continually breaking protocol then murdering someone

Why exactly is he not behind bars

Brb joining the police academy so i can do whatever the **** i want to people
pimp.gif
My contingency plan lol.

Already have the credits required in my city and could easily pass the physical.

There are bazillions of jobs where they are monitored with video/audio every second of their shift. Think about it critically for a second....how many jobs where the tape is rolling non stop. If any job should be monitored as such, it's this one.
yep if you could be video taped constantly in a warehouse to make sure you're not stealing merchandise then you most definitely should be taped when you control the livelihood of fellow humans.

again, a few bad apples doesn't mean they're all sour. this guy was just a moron

this is gonna turn into a cops vs blacks thread really fast.

Bruh... A FEW??? This apple tree produces 98% rotten apples.

Most jobs, the person doesn't need a degree actually do the task of a job

Having a degree tells you something about a person in a good way

First off I'm not black. Second no black dude ever put a gun in my friends face and said give him 200 bucks or he's going to jail.

Can't trust cops /thread

I disagree.

I think he knew the choke hold was illegal and used it anyway (evident by his continuation despite Garner's pleas to stop and declaring that he could not breathe). It's depraved indifference a.k.a. depraved-heart murder at the least.

But I digress, this isn't the Garner thread.

He didn't know the choke hold was illegal at the moment.
:wow: Did he forget in the moment? or did he not know at all?

If it's the latter you're saying a trained NYPD officer who is trained in ways to apprehend suspects did not know a specific choke hold technique was illegal for him to use. If that's the case not only him but the entire NYPD is liable and responsible for the death.

If it's the former and he actually said that he should lose his job. Next thing you know he'll be saying he didn't know tazing someone for too long could kill them or that crushing a person's windpipe could lead to death.

Regardless claiming you didn't know how lethal something was at the time you were using it isn't an excuse for murder.
He did NOT intend to kill Garner.
Like I said depraved indifference at the very least which is a murder 2 charge in NYC.

I think you're just approaching this from the everyday use of the word. Legally had the grand jury been in a different borough or if cops didn't get special treatment when they commit crimes on the job the charge would've been murder with the possibility of other pending charges.
How many people die from choke holds?
He didn't die directly from the choke hold. Those officers' reckless use of an illegal choke hold led to Garner's cardiac arrest which caused him to die.

To answer your question though, I dunno, look it up for yourself. Maybe also look up what choke holds can induce and cause if they don't directly cause death. I'd say w/e the # it is, it's too many.
Dudes are really here acting like a choke hold is an automatic death
I don't know these dudes but I know that's not what I've been saying.

if he wanted to kill a black person just go shoot one
They all knew they were being recorded at that point. Please believe if they weren't, the sequence of events you suggest would be probable.

a choke hold doesn't really carry a good kill rate. Dude resisted arrest, he's a big guy, the cop felt like a choke would be the most effective method of subduing him.
Like I said before, an illegal choke hold which caused his death by inducing cardiac arrest. Murder or since you don't like the use of the word depraved indifference.

"callous disregard for human life"

Last edited:
Unfortunate for the victim....these body cameras should hold enough charge to be on at all times during the officers shift...turn it off and something goes down that should have been recorded and the cop should face charges.
there should be an alarm for when the camera shuts off, like a signal to dispatch and higher ups.  mean internal affairs.. cause srgnt might be down with it.

yep if you could be video taped constantly in a warehouse to make sure you're not stealing merchandise then you most definitely should be taped when you control the livelihood of fellow humans.

Really? Every second of the shift? Are there mics and cameras in the bathroom? The breakroom?

I'm not disagreeing that cops should have cameras for interactions with the public - it just feels unreasonable to record everything they do and say all day every day - that's a lot more invasive than just having security cameras in a warehouse.

Last edited:
Lmao I'm saying tho...lets go find the off button on those cameras, my moms actually got a speeding ticket caught by a red camera, guess now they are equipped with a speedgun, she was going 26 on a 25 :rofl:

freaking kiddin me? in NYC?

Body cams not effective, what now?

Interesting to see if they even attempt to make adjustments to these 'changes'

Just being real...

She "allegedly" pointed a gun at him...

Who's word are we taking here?

The cop with a history of shutting his camera off when flexing on people... We're using his word that she pulled a gun out?

:rofl:

Another Person killed at the hand of a cop... Another camera mysteriously turned off, another case where nobody is convicted, another Story of he/she pointed a gun at me..... Yet people still continue to act as if it's crazy to suspect the police of corruption.

Also i see the usual suspects in here leaning towards the agenda of she's white, so yea police brutality isn't a race problem, it's a made up narrative. Any reason to downplay racism they will :smh:

Problem is, there's nobody to police the police forreal. I'd am officer does something wrong, the same ppl he works with are the same ones investigating. There should be an outside source investigating all police incidents and persecutions

Back
Top Bottom