Cops are hoorible.....this isn't funny, but I laughed at it.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Pic of the tow truck towing the wheel chair?
that would be great
laugh.gif

I believe him.

Wheelchairs fall into the vehicle category, not property, therefore towing the wheelchair would be correct. Although common sense may indicate otherwise.

Its mostly procedure with all the rules and regulations that exist.. But if his wheelchair had insurance then that should cover the towing and replacementcharges.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I believe him.

Wheelchairs fall into the vehicle category, not property, therefore towing the wheelchair would be correct. Although common sense may indicate otherwise.

Its mostly procedure with all the rules and regulations that exist.. But if his wheelchair had insurance then that should cover the towing and replacement charges.
But how? How does a wheelchair fall into the vehicle category?

^I just know out here in California that's the way they're classified.

For example, if a wheelchair is stolen it falls into the stolen vehicle system instead of a property system.. If the owner has a serial number. I'mguessing as far as accidents its the same thing.

Possibly due to the fact that wheelchairs are modes of transportation.

totaled doesn't mean it doesn't still function, just that the repairs cost more than the vehicle itself. It may not look so great but it may still beusable.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

totaled doesn't mean it doesn't still function, just that the repairs cost more than the vehicle itself. It may not look so great but it may still be usable.

Exactly...

Either way, I don't see what else the officers were supposed to do with it.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

totaled doesn't mean it doesn't still function, just that the repairs cost more than the vehicle itself. It may not look so great but it may still be usable.

Exactly...

Either way, I don't see what else the officers were supposed to do with it.
Que? Dude might not have the money to purchase a new one so he stays w/ what he has until he can afford a new one. Btw doubt the chair wasappraised that same day while it was impounded. I'm guessing "totaled" in this thread = really messed up.

I agree tho. Nothing else the cops could have done that wasn't above and beyond their line of duty.

Yeah I took it as "really messed up" too initially since there's no way damages could have been determined in such a short period of time.

Either way, tough situation for him. Hopefully he has insurance.

Back
Top Bottom