Could I have beaten Steve Nash one on one in my prime?

cwk

I am currently 40 years old and overweight.  But at one point I was recruited by a few D-1 programs and ended up playing NAIA for a little while.  My wife loves Steve Nash and refuses to believe that I could have beaten him at all.  I am aware of my limitations.  I could never run a marathon, design a building, or perform brain surgery.  But given the specific parameters of one-on-one, I think I could have won a few games.  For those familiar with Houston, I grew up competing against NCAA, CBA, and NBA players at Fonde Rec Center, Second Baptist, and Westside Tennis Club.

Here is an honest profile of me at 20 years old.

Height:  6'7"
Wingspan:  6'9"
Vertical Jump:  36"
Ball handling:  Average
Quickness:  Average
Shooting: Excellent mid-to-long rang jumper/high school career free throw 92%

How_about_no-(n1302895761203).jpg

i was going to humor you and say that you could win because I thought that steve nash was under 6 feet tall.

Turns out he is 6' 3".

I don't think you would've had a chance.

You could if you played amazing defense and by amazing I mean lockdown hand in their face no shot is uncontested defense. So no you still wouldn't win. Maybe hed let you win one but realistically no.

My wife and I are reading the replies together and she is DYING!
laugh.gif
  To answer raptors29, I signed a letter of intent to play at Rice University, but the head coach left for another school and the new coach brought in a bunch of his own recruits.  To clarify, this isn't something I think about on a regular basis - just a random disagreement.   

Back
Top Bottom