Could sentient beings evolve if...

Any being that has a 20-hour life span basically exists to reproduce. To measure mental evolution you'd have to prove there are hierarchies, orders, cognitive abilities, etc.

In other words, I don't think mayflies will be taking over anytime soon.

There is some type of fly I was learning about in Anthropology that reproduces like seven times in ten minutes or something along the lines of that.

If conditions instantly changed that only allowed humans to only be alive for twenty minutes then no, we wouldn't have time to successfully adapt to our environments and we would all die. Organisms such as the fly up top would be the dominate species of the earth and would over time successfully evolve even more successful traits to fit their environment.

There is some type of fly I was learning about in Anthropology that reproduces like seven times in ten minutes or something along the lines of that.

If conditions instantly changed that only allowed humans to only be alive for twenty minutes then no, we wouldn't have time to successfully adapt to our environments and we would all die. Organisms such as the fly up top would be the dominate species of the earth and would over time successfully evolve even more successful traits to fit their environment.

Back
Top Bottom