Could Somone Please Review The LIGHTSPEEDS PLEASE

Jeez, nobody likes to hook us up with the reviews anymore or what? It would be awesome if someone could please put up a review of these kicks, thanks.

I don't have time to do a full review, but here is my quick breakdown:

Comfort and fit: 9/10 - Great lockdown fit (two elastic bands help with the tongue), very comfortable inner
Cushioning: 8/10 - One of the most responsive adidas shoes I've ever worn (full forefoot adiprene +), not as good as zoom, but still pretty good
Court feel: 9/10 - the cushioning is super low-profile, so this is great
Ankle Support: 8/10 - good fit in the heel, good ankle coverage, never really worried about rolling my ankle
Weight: 10/10 - SUPER lightweight, actually the lightest basketball shoe adidas has ever made
Traction: 6/10 - here I was a little disappointed, but it may just have been the court I was playing on

Overall: 8/10 - great fit, cushioning, and court feel in an extremely lightweight package, but you'll have to get some more opinions on the traction

^ define "always"...I'll admit that the recent T-Mac's (5&6) have been a bit subpar, I didn't even really like the traction on theGCS Lytespeed's...but to say "adidas has always been suspicious in its traction" is pretty inaccurate.

My favorite adidas shoes: T-Mac 2, theKOBE, Real Deal, Superstar 2G all had GREAT traction.
Even subpar shoes like the T-Mac 4 had AMAZING traction where the rest of the shoe fell short.

I have had the A3 Forums, Superstar Ultra, A3 Decade, Superstar Structure, T-Mac 6, and just picked up a pair of retro 1992 Artillery's. I thought theT-Mac 6 had good, not great, traction, especially once the pods (or GCS) were broken in. Out of all though, the Artillery's were the best. Unbelievable fora 1992 technology retro. But hte others above were definitely suspect in the traction department, not even close to AZK1 and LBIV. I am not a Nike sheep, farfrom it, but that is one thing adidas needs to ramp up to convert me completely.

On another note, PR Baller, so far this week you have asked for about four or five reviews from everyone, and seem to be getting upset that no one will reviewthem. Why don't you go spend some money on one of these pairs and let US know how they perform? We appreciate reviews as much as you do, and hate to wastemoney just like you do, so help US out.

Okay, STORM RYDER, i'll admit it, they're not always suspicious. i do have to say the older adidas are better, just by looking at thetraction pattern at the sole of the shoe, u can take a pick and say that the T-MAC II / IIIs have better traction than recent traction patterns on shoes likeC-Billups. which def. will not last long outdoors compared to the T-MAC II / IIIs

Traction and heel fit are issues for some in Adidas shoes, especially with the latter, if all you are used to wearing is Nike. However, the Adidas 1.1, the GilZero, the Adidas Pro Team II, then the Pro Model 06, has some of the best traction I have ever experienced in hoops shoes, on ALL courts.

That said, I'll put up a review of the TS tomorrow when I have time. I've been playing in the TS Billups for the past month and a half and to be quitehonest, if you've gotten used to playing in shoes with Shox or A3 at the heel, these shoes will take some getting used to. But what I have noticed, is thatI do not have to worry about readily twisting an ankle in these shoes. These are about as low to the ground as you are gonna get, with a good lockdown fit atthe heel and instep.

Anyone who doesn't need all of the gadgets, are gonna love these shoes.

The only Adidas shoes I've had issues with are the T-Mac II and III. Everything was fine except for fit at the heel, I just could not get locked down inthem and it made my feet and legs ache something serious. One big reason why I'm hesitant to get the VI's, which I really want to try out. If theII's and III's didn't work (and people had horrible things to say about the IV), why should I get the VI's, you know?

Anyway, I liked the GDL's (when the court is clean), and I had the A-Cubed Pro-Team 2's, which were also great shoes. And one of my current favoritesis the Adidas Gil Zero, my goodness, such a sweet, sweeeeet shoe. I wear mostly Nikes, but I have two pairs of the Gils, and will probably get another if Ican. Only the GDL's had less than stellar traction in my opinion. If Adidas puts out more stuff like the Gil Zero's, I'd be quick to pick them up.

The TS's look interesting, but I wanted to see something with GCS, especially in Gil's low-top model, which seems to be better suited for casualpurposes according to some people on NT.

Back
Top Bottom