Crazy sneaker line/campout stories

iphone 6s campout apple store bethesda md...was #3 in line...gets dark, had to deal with several dozen people showing up that tried muscling the smaller folks from spots behind me, made it through the night...morning comes, phone battery was dead (important) and get in store, attempted to buy 2 rose gold 64 gig 6s'...credit card denied, debit card denied, acounts frozen...leave store empty handed...bank froze accounts thinking someone was making fraudulent purchases, unable to tell bank it was me making purchases since phone died...i went to chipotle later that day, and burrito falls apart

Last edited:
iphone 6s campout apple store bethesda md...was #3 in line...gets dark, had to deal with several dozen people showing up that tried muscling the smaller folks from spots behind me, made it through the night...morning comes, phone battery was dead (important) and get in store, attempted to buy 2 rose gold 64 gig 6s'...credit card denied, debit card denied, acounts frozen...leave store empty handed...bank froze accounts thinking someone was making fraudulent purchases, unable to tell bank it was me making purchases since phone died...i went to chipotle later that day, and burrito falls apart
damn :smh:
They got chargers in there, I would've plugged my phone and proceeded to make phone calls :smh:

Dawg I woulda been right about my Burrito falling apart.

You should camp out for some new pants OP...its like everytime i see a on foot pic of your kicks you have the same damn TF pants on b...

If I have to wait more than 20-30mins for shoes I'm not copping, it ain't even close to that serious to be sleeping outside no store or pushing and shoving over some damn sneakers.
i respect that, but for me it is that serious. I actually enjoy sitting in front of a store by myself rather then socializing with other people in a social environment. That's just me :lol:

Man what? That is some depressing stuff

That's why you gotta get a job at the stores b. Become your own connect!

Ever since I started working at Footlocker two years ago, it's all been gravy. I get first dibs on my own sneakers! I can inspect 'em and make sure my Jordans don't have excessive glue or have a pre-creased toe box.

That's why you gotta get a job at the stores b. Become your own connect!

Ever since I started working at Footlocker two years ago, it's all been gravy. I get first dibs on my own sneakers! I can inspect 'em and make sure my Jordans don't have excessive glue or have a pre-creased toe box.
that's cool for gr joints or a pair or two but if you wanna rack up that won't cut it

HAHAHA. What you do after the burrito fell apart? That would have been the last straw for me.

i will tell my story about my first experience sneaker line up. back then when i was in shanghai i was preparing to line up for lebron 10 cork (i'm collecting lebrons for years before that so lebron cork is a must have for me) and the worst thing at that time i don't have any idea how they gonna release it or which nike store will have it so i just went to one of their biggest main store in shanghai near huaihai street to ask one of their employee about lebron cork release schedule.

i went there and ask about it and they said they gonna do raffle lucky draw for it and we have to line up on that morning to get that lottery number they will give it to us, but that lottery number limit only to 200 participants so in my mind i think i dont have to camp outside over night (it's freezing out there almost 0 degree celcius) so i'm planning to go as earlier as possible the next day around 5 am.

the day has come i get up around 4.30 am and go right to the store it's near my apartment so it only take 5 minutes by taxi and then the nightmare begin.......

when i came by in front of store it almost more than 400 people show up :x :x
View media item 1984955View media item 1984965View media item 1984990
and this is my exact reaction to that
View media item 1967016

i almost can't believe it they camped out over night (and i remember that night before it was raining too so probably it's freaking cold out there) and later i found most of 200 people were hire by reseller, i didn't know in china that time people willing to line up for lebron sneakers , most line up before only for jordans (even foams galaxy you can directly go in the store to buy no need hassle or anything crazy **** about it)

after a while they start arguing (between reseller and normal buyer) trying to justify themselves, fight almost broke out even the cops came by and want to cancel that release before someone getting hurt (people already push each other) and final decision the manager of store change the rule for lottery ticket to become no limit they will give it to all people who lined up that time no exception. of course that make reseller more angry because they think they already had it all but better this than getting cancelled at least they get something rather than nothing.

fast forward me finally get some a slight chance of hope eventhough i never expected to score one pair for my size because the chance almost zero to nothing , the raffle worked like this they will draw based on each size (start from 7 until 11, they didn't have size 12 IIRC) each size consist 4-5 pairs total and when it came to my turn they only have 2 pairs size 9.5 and believe it or not i score that one of it :smokin :rofl: it almost broke my tears :rofl: i can't believe it i nailed that **** right there. after that i just straight went home around 12 o'clock so it's been 6 hours long just to copped lebron cork and really freaking tired that day but it was worth it.

FYI i still have that lebron cork until this day never ever intend to resell it (probably even i sold all my sneakers collection the one thing that i will never let go maybe this pair)
View media item 1984989

Last edited:
Didn't know galaxies were that easy over there and yea if cats think ny is bad China is a whole different beast. Resellers hire a ton of people to buy up all the stock there

Didn't know galaxies were that easy over there and yea if cats think ny is bad China is a whole different beast. Resellers hire a ton of people to buy up all the stock there
i think during 2012 sneaker resellers hasn't started yet until yeezy came off after that it's getting worse each year

i think during 2012 sneaker resellers hasn't started yet until yeezy came off after that it's getting worse each year
2012 started the big craze but there were definitely resellers before

Since I had this on my blog years ago. My first and only 'camp out'.

CAMPING OUT FOR SNEAKERS IN 2004. This was back when camping out was still a relatively new concept in the pre-bot era. For shoes like the AJ 11s, you can just go line up for 1-2 hours max and be good. We arrived at around 10PM the night prior and the line was already halfway through the back of store. This Niketown is in Beverly Hills, which has no public parking. A lot of folks got tickets for illegally parking their cars as the result. There were also no public restrooms anywhere nearby so a lot of folks had to do what they had to do . By morning time, several nearby trees were wrenching of urine. This was the first (and last time) I camped out for sneakers. I was unprepared and did not bring food and beverage with me. There were no fast food places around so I walked for miles with my friend looking for a place to buy food and bring some back to the team. I came back with nothing but a cold because the whole event was unorganized. This was also before the smart phone era. Some of the heads in line left half way through and decided to make the 4 hour drive to Niketown Vegas. People in front gave cuts to newcomers in the morning for money. A fight broke out shortly after. Word on the line was that Undefeated was getting pairs too. At that point, people dashed to their cars and left for Undefeated. The line simply migrated to a different location (see last picture). Good times.

View media item 1985073View media item 1985074View media item 1985075View media item 1985076View media item 1985077View media item 1985078View media item 1985079

Won a raffle for playoff 12s couple yrs ago off Twitter. Was ecstatic, Then I realized I did not actually win the shoe but that I won a chance to win the shoe. Never sat well with me.

Last edited:
Since I had this on my blog years ago. My first and only 'camp out'.

CAMPING OUT FOR SNEAKERS IN 2004. This was back when camping out was still a relatively new concept in the pre-bot era. For shoes like the AJ 11s, you can just go line up for 1-2 hours max and be good. We arrived at around 10PM the night prior and the line was already halfway through the back of store. This Niketown is in Beverly Hills, which has no public parking. A lot of folks got tickets for illegally parking their cars as the result. There were also no public restrooms anywhere nearby so a lot of folks had to do what they had to do . By morning time, several nearby trees were wrenching of urine. This was the first (and last time) I camped out for sneakers. I was unprepared and did not bring food and beverage with me. There were no fast food places around so I walked for miles with my friend looking for a place to buy food and bring some back to the team. I came back with nothing but a cold because the whole event was unorganized. This was also before the smart phone era. Some of the heads in line left half way through and decided to make the 4 hour drive to Niketown Vegas. People in front gave cuts to newcomers in the morning for money. A fight broke out shortly after. Word on the line was that Undefeated was getting pairs too. At that point, people dashed to their cars and left for Undefeated. The line simply migrated to a different location (see last picture). Good times.

what sneaker did u line up for? AF1 entourage?

Back
Top Bottom