**Creating A Word for Sounds Appreciation **

I was just sittin here thinkin bout how we try to create a word and spelling for sounds that we here i.e. Whitney Houston's infamous "shoop" = exhaling.

In like of a rainy day here in Pittsburgh list some of the words that ppl come of w/ that is supposed to represent a sound effect.

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
gust of wind= woosh (even throw the arms from one side to the other for illustration)

I was just sittin here thinkin bout how we try to create a word and spelling for sounds that we here i.e. Whitney Houston's infamous "shoop" = exhaling.

In like of a rainy day here in Pittsburgh list some of the words that ppl come of w/ that is supposed to represent a sound effect.

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
gust of wind= woosh (even throw the arms from one side to the other for illustration)

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
sounds like the ancient language my dude.
pimp.gif
 But this is literally how you speak (khemit)egyptian. Words come from the way things sound in nature. You speak what the nature of the source of the sound makes. This is what is meant by being true in speech, It's pretty hard to lie to people when you communicate based off of natural sounds. 

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
pimp.gif
 But this is literally how you speak (khemit)egyptian. Words come from the way things sound in nature. You speak what the nature of the source of the sound makes. This is what is meant by being true in speech, It's pretty hard to lie to people when you communicate based off of natural sounds. 

Originally Posted by tecca nena

like an onomonopia ?
Nope, it's not like onomatopoeia, it IS onomatopoeia
laugh.gif

The irony JUST hit me... they already created a word for "creating a word for sounds"

like an onomonopia ?
laugh.gif

The irony JUST hit me... they already created a word for "creating a word for sounds"

the emergency tone at work was described as a "slow whoop" tone. I have yet to hear it but even though it means something bad, it probably sounds so good. 

the emergency tone at work was described as a "slow whoop" tone. I have yet to hear it but even though it means something bad, it probably sounds so good. 

Originally Posted by Murda He

like an onomonopia ?
laugh.gif

Irony at it's finest
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif
u learn somethin new everyday. Thanks for droppin that jewel on us sir.

I was just sittin here and thinkin bout all these sounds and it made me chuckle how we tend to struggle to create words for these sounds and spell em when we know they're not really universal words so it's like we're right and everyone else is also right in their interpretation of said sound

Originally Posted by Murda He

like an onomonopia ?
laugh.gif

Irony at it's finest
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif
u learn somethin new everyday. Thanks for droppin that jewel on us sir.

I was just sittin here and thinkin bout all these sounds and it made me chuckle how we tend to struggle to create words for these sounds and spell em when we know they're not really universal words so it's like we're right and everyone else is also right in their interpretation of said sound

^Which is why I never believe in magic word, or "curse words" or anything specifically tied to a universal understanding of a sound. We give them life. We give them definition. We give them structure. Why forfeit all that power? I'll be damned if somebody tells me I can't say damn.... it's just a word
pimp.gif

^Which is why I never believe in magic word, or "curse words" or anything specifically tied to a universal understanding of a sound. We give them life. We give them definition. We give them structure. Why forfeit all that power? I'll be damned if somebody tells me I can't say damn.... it's just a word
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by torgriffith

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
pimp.gif
Cool fact of the day. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by torgriffith

bark = woof
fart= brrrrrt
bird chirp = tweet
pimp.gif
Cool fact of the day. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom