Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

I saw it twice

I did too but remember she basically said she didnt support his decision to become a boxer after he left their house. So when he moved to Philly when he called her, he was leaving a voicemail telling her about how he moved to Philly & had a lil apartment and etc. She prob saw the phone ring and didnt wanna pick it up cause she was still mad at him. From that point on, the only way she finds out bout her son is thru the media

I saw it twice

I did too but remember she basically said she didnt support his decision to become a boxer after he left their house. So when he moved to Philly when he called her, he was leaving a voicemail telling her about how he moved to Philly & had a lil apartment and etc. She prob saw the phone ring and didnt wanna pick it up cause she was still mad at him. From that point on, the only way she finds out bout her son is thru the media

Exactly, she only found out about him through the media.

You guys make great points and I know I'm being real nit picky haha. You've filled most of the plot holes I had a problem with. I should give it another watch and really try to view it as its own film. But still, right now, it felt flat to me. I will admit the character grew on me at THE VERY END when he talked about not being a mistake and such. But then the girl seemed kind of pointless as she was just there at the end. He wasn't looking for her like Rocky needed Adrian. Whoops...there I go comparing again :rofl: Hopefully, they develop a stronger bond and her hearing problem loss creates some good drama and inspiration.

Southpaw was a much more enjoyable boxing movie to me. I shed a few tears at that movie.

Now I know you're nitpicking, Southpaw is as basic, generic boxing movie there is. I thought Creed would be similar going in despite NT hype, but it was actually well done. I did like the small stuff like the tale of the tape, the hbo boxing doc etc.

I don't get how you feel that they didn't have a relationship because they didn't communicate when he went against her wishes. The mother was fully aware of what was going on in Adonis' life. I wouldn't be surprised if Wood Harris' character called her up after he showed up. If she clearly knew what he was up to on the weekends sneaking down to Tijuana, there's no way you can convince she wasn't aware of what he was doing down in what likely is her hometown.

I don't get how you feel that they didn't have a relationship because they didn't communicate when he went against her wishes. The mother was fully aware of what was going on in Adonis' life. I wouldn't be surprised if Wood Harris' character called her up after he showed up. If she clearly knew what he was up to on the weekends sneaking down to Tijuana, there's no way you can convince she wasn't aware of what he was doing down in what likely is her hometown.

I feel that way because they didn't communicate. And she wasn't aware that he was fighting until she saw ESPN with Michael Wilbon so she actually didn't know what was going on after he left Cali.

Last edited:
that was one small problem I had with the movie

she didnt strike me as a big sports fan so it seemed strange to have PTI playing randomly in the house for her to see that stuff 

The nitpicking in here has me dying. Like it's Memento or Intouchables or something
laugh.gif

Saw it Saturday night. Too dope. Whole theater got hype when he came out to Hail Mary :pimp: I've never seen any of the Rocky movies before. Watching them on Netflix right now.

nothing wrong with nitpicking, its not like people doing it hate the movie

its boring to only talk about the good and never the bad 

nothing wrong with nitpicking, its not like people doing it hate the movie
I didn't say it was wrong or bad, it's just funny to me because I usually don't see people critiquing Rocky movies like this, unless I'm on IMDB.

I feel that way because they didn't communicate. And she wasn't aware that he was fighting until she saw ESPN with Michael Wilbon so she actually didn't know what was going on after he left Cali.

Based on his phone call to her, sounds like they had a pretty tight relationship. "Love you ma, miss you" to me implies they used to communicate constantly.

Sly won Best Supporting Actor at the NRA awards which is a great indicater for the Oscars.

MBJ really should get that nomination for best actor but we'll see

Last edited:
MBJ really should get that nomination for best actor but we'll see
I don't see it happening. They'd probably give Gyllenhaal a nod before MBJ. You never know though, this year hasn't been too deep. Damon in the Martian and Depp in Black Mass are probably the only locks based on what I've seen.

That being said, I hope he gets nominated.

that was one small problem I had with the movie

she didnt strike me as a big sports fan so it seemed strange to have PTI playing randomly in the house for her to see that stuff 
laugh.gif
 Yea I was wondering why ESPN was on her TV

It's an essential plot device.. they could have shown a CNN news story instead, but they went with the PTI to show two writers giving their opinion on the matter.

And it's very likely she came across the TMZ story and truthfully the only prrss that'd likely care about Appollo's love child would be ESPN

And it's very likely she came across the TMZ story and truthfully the only prrss that'd likely care about Appollo's love child would be ESPN
he had just KOed the #4 contender though so I'm sure all sports media outlets would cover it 

Back
Top Bottom