-[ CRITIQUE MY FLYER (ARTISTS/DESIGNERS COME ON IN) ]-

You seriously never head of that spot? It was on Broadway closer to Golden Hills and was THE place to be downtown on Friday nights. Questlove DJ'd a show there a couple of months ago. That spot used to be jam $*+$**@ packed. There was no admission and a nice mixed crowd there every week.
yah, I'm not even 21 yet so I don't even know what's up in the club scene...

Keep up the good stuff guys. I mean - I'm no designer by any means, I do this stuff for fun, and you guys got real good insight.

Just wondering - can anyone lead me in the right direction to some effective typefaces/fonts? and I am aware of the shadow problems; this is basically a roughdraft

Originally Posted by RawSheed

You seriously never head of that spot? It was on Broadway closer to Golden Hills and was THE place to be downtown on Friday nights. Questlove DJ'd a show there a couple of months ago. That spot used to be jam $*+$**@ packed. There was no admission and a nice mixed crowd there every week.
yah, I'm not even 21 yet so I don't even know what's up in the club scene...

Keep up the good stuff guys. I mean - I'm no designer by any means, I do this stuff for fun, and you guys got real good insight.

Just wondering - can anyone lead me in the right direction to some effective typefaces/fonts? and I am aware of the shadow problems; this is basically a rough draft

Some of the flyers you posted were alright, but generally speaking I wouldn't look toward club flyers as good design. Most of them are over the topphotoshop filter dog %!*! designed by a moron. But just giving your a second look beyond what I said previously you have serious hierarchy issues. It feelslike you're just trying to tuck everything in where it might fit and thats a horrible idea. It lacks an inherent flow of information and thats not to sayit has to go top to bottom from titles to details but there should be some kind of hierarchy as to how things get placed and the size of various things notjust fitting them in.

I don't particularly like either of your title fonts but you should pick one and ditch the other... As for a body/detail copy font personally I'd justgo with something straight forward and open like Helvetica. But mostly I think it lacks a formating consistency and has serious hierarchy issues. and as I saidbefore i think the grey is super ehh and the gradient is a bit much. color is good just be tasteful...

Back
Top Bottom