Custom Air Jordans... Vol. Yay or Nay?

Quick question; I've always seen pics of custom Air Force Ones, Dunks, and now Foamposites, but not Jays.  Every once in a while a pair of custom Jays pop up but they seem to be frowned upon.  Why is that?  I've seen a few hot pair, and a few fugly pair, same as all other customs. Input?

custom-air-jordan-iii-pure-white.jpg
air-jordan-iii-purple-custom.JPG
11.jpg
5.jpg
revive-customs-what-the-one-air-jordan03-600x400.jpg
custom-night-visions-nike-air-jordan-vi-illwalkees-1.jpg

cutsomxii.jpg

I don't mind customization as long as they look good and not variant looking. Know what I'm saying?

Those white/purple III and VI's are fire.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

this belongs in the custom creations thread homie

Not exactly.  Im not asking "are these customs hot?".  Im asking, why are Air Jordan customs frowned upon.  I dont notice the same dislike for other Nikes.

I really don't care what people do with their shoes, I just think it makes most of them look like fakes.

It's simple really. Customs are easily mistaken for fakes, even to the educated sneakerhead's eyes. I wouldn't mind certain kinds of customs that are for restoration purposes to OGs, or improving a subpar retro.

i dnt like da 12's wit jordan on it. good art....not on a shoe. n dem 1's r fugly to. good concept. bad execution. mayb that shlda jus stayed thought about....evrythng else is cool

wats different bout them 1st 3's

i dnt like da 12's wit jordan on it. good art....not on a shoe. n dem 1's r fugly to. good concept. bad execution. mayb that shlda jus stayed thought about....evrythng else is cool

Bud...look closely....those are Pure $ III's

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

I really don't care what people do with their shoes, I just think it makes most of them look like fakes.

Probably one of the main reasons why it is frowned upon...

And to answer your question, they are frowned upon because to look like variants. All those who painted there "Varsity Red" VIs to become "Infrared" or "Infrauds" like i call them are just faking the funk. But if you want to "customize" your jays get a fake pair...they will do a better paint job.
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

i've customised three of my jays, but only in very basic ways. i appreciate the skill it takes to do pictures and stuff on shoes, but i don't like how they look. i really don't give a damn if people think they're variants or fakes, they're mine, not theirs. i did them for me, and i am really glad i did.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

That right there.

Most custom VI's look good though.

Most of those customs are great. I hate the Lakers VIs but those custom Laker VIs are 
pimp.gif
I would cop. Custom jays get a yay in my book. Besides most customs are much better than the actual colorways JB comes out with. 
grin.gif

The white/blue VI's are fire. The rest not so much. Those custom white/varsity red VI's that had the Bulls and finals logos on them were nice too. More of a collection piece though. They were posted a month back.

The white/blue VI's are fire. The rest not so much. Those custom white/varsity red VI's that had the Bulls and finals logos on them were nice too. More of a collection piece though. They were posted a month back.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

dats wat im askin. all the pix posted were customs.
wats differnt about the 1st pair?

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

dats wat im askin. all the pix posted were customs.
wats differnt about the 1st pair?

the elephant print had black lines. this is how the original pure money IIIs look:
air-jordan-3-silver-collection.jpg

dem 3's with the purple on the back is a good concept. With the trend of the laker jordans that been coming out I would have to say those would be a great start for some laker 3's.=)

dem 3's with the purple on the back is a good concept. With the trend of the laker jordans that been coming out I would have to say those would be a great start for some laker 3's.=)

the first shoes (iii's) look great.

like stated, they look good, but also appear fake.

Back
Top Bottom