Custom Air Jordans... Vol. Yay or Nay?

Not big on customs...so Nay.
Edit: Silver Anniversary 11's with the blue tint are an exception.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by eltouha

anyone who thinks customs and fakes are teh same is a flippin ******.

Technically they are...if you can't purchase them in a store with that exact colorway would they be? Regardless if they were authentic at one point. IMO your customs are terrible (no flame) as long as you enjoy them. who cares?

but they still look
indifferent.gif
So with your logic, if I buy a car and customize it by re-painting it a non-factory issued color...then my car is a variant or fake?
QFT!
As long as the shoes that you bought were authentic, then you are in the clear.

As for customs, I still haven't taken a side yet cause one day I will see one and be like
eek.gif

pimp.gif
 and then the next hour I will see one and be like 
indifferent.gif

sick.gif
. It's all about the execution to me.

It's like if you painted your car a different color from its stock color. If you can make it look cleaner, go ahead and do it. If you do something whack though like choose questionable colors, of course people are going to look at you like you got on fake sneakers.

The car analogy isnt even a fair one

Come on

Be real in here

How many knock off vehicles is there around?

But fake jordans are all over the place

Therefore the reason why customs look fake on jordans.

Originally Posted by Klock

Come on

Be real in here

True. Aight I will give you that and use a different analogy.
There are plenty of fake iPod/iPads/iPhones around.

If I bought a new authentic iPod and completely changed the color to a non-factory based colorway, is it now fake?

i did some custom black toe AJKO's, mostly cuz i never thought i'd find my size in OG 1985 black toes. luckily i did recently, but i still love these:

4586364704_bee924b488_o.jpg

4585770383_a15e093f88_o.jpg

Yay if they look good, i love the AJKO black toes. What i'd really wanna see is a Varsity VI into a Sport Blue custom. I wanted to make a Stealth V into a Grape V but the leather isn't the same so that was a Nay. White Cement III into a Katrina III is a total Yay. The right color on the right shoe always works out

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i did some custom black toe AJKO's, mostly cuz i never thought i'd find my size in OG 1985 black toes. luckily i did recently, but i still love these:

4586364704_bee924b488_o.jpg

4585770383_a15e093f88_o.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well done

Wear what you like, but personally if I saw you with a pair of Jordans that didn't release, I'm assuming you're rockin fakes, no matter if they're customized or not.

Klock wrote:

Come on

Be real in here

But fake jordans are all over the place

Therefore the reason why customs look fake on jordans.

Actually knock off cars are pretty common.

toyota-mr2-ferrari-360-spyder-1.JPG

lamborghini_murcielago_replica_12.JPG

rolls2.jpg

Bez-n%C3%A1zvu1.jpg
towncarbentley-4_opt.jpg
Bentley-Chrysler-Sebring-Carscoop2.jpg
996+replica1170841301.jpg

comparison.jpg

A customized authentic product and a replica are two completely different things. Putting them in the same category is complete idiocy.

I don't see why you would want to custom a pair of shoes if you didn't like them dnt buy them n the first place

Back
Top Bottom