custom lasering: would you be interested and how much would it be worth?

i have a friend in cali who purchased a lasering machine to produce pieces of art on wood, but it works just as well on leathers. the detail is incredible, here's just two examples.
View media item 238739
View media item 238740would you be interested in custom lasering for your shoes? a personalised logo/image/pattern can be incorporated on any flat surface. what would you be willing to pay?

i will be sending my next purchase via him, so i don't have any shoe examples yet. if there is enough interest, maybe i'll grab a second hand pair for an experiment. anybody want to guineapig or donate some beaters?

Last edited:
Just buy your own wood burning tool at your local art store, its like 20$

Could be interesting if it works. Also would need to have some good designs to laser.

nike dabbled in lasering during the early '00s. Remember the one piece AF1s and dunks? The ones by Chris Lundy and Mark Smith.

finally picked up a pair of second hand qs xx (colourway i've always wanted) and they are being shipped to my laser buddy right now. we should have pics of the work in a week or two.

now to design something... hmmmm...

test laser on the left side came out blurry, so the lasering meant to take place tonight has been momentarily delayed.

I would definitely be down for something like this. How much would this run for??? Pm me details

no worries. we're still working on these samples for me. trying to work out how to prevent hot soot from staining the leather. i'll let you know.

this is the pic my friend sent me. i haven't got the shoes back. basically, these designs are going under the strap with the edges peeping out (not the velcro side, but the inner side). i'll also be adding a L2RFTW logo exposed near the heel of the outer sides.

this job is practise for lasering shoes for my mate, and serve as a demo. that's why i got some second hand pair. can't wait to rock them.

Last edited:
Came out exactly how I imagined iddky enough. I wish I could feel it and wonder what it would look like if it was done on a colored part of a shoe.

not bad at all, man i love my QS XXs they are so comfy and sleek looking, i wish i had the stealths too

that would be tricky. personally, i wouldn't risk it.

the problem with that is jb lasers the material prior to the construction of the shoe. the laser requires a flat surface, and shoes aren't flat.

View media item 414930
the only way would be to do each shoe stencil from the design (which is a collection individually, but that would take a hell of a long time. in labour alone, it would simply cost too much.

Last edited:
^^^ What if for instance I just give him a big piece of leather and laser the entire thing? I got a pair of the Pythons from JBF so he could just do the shoe for me stitched.

any flat material should be easy peasy for him. :smile:

let me know, i can get you in touch any time.

Back
Top Bottom