CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

i did my jams and the little spots that were yellowed didnt look horrible but they could have been better if they were ds or sea glowed. im just glad someone told us about this, i hated my anni's but i love them now cuz they remind me of columbias now

pimp.gif

I used the method of Seaglow+Rit dye yesterday to DMP and ANNIV 11's

I didn't wanna color them like deeper blue...icey for me is better

Originally Posted by spoiledfeet

WOW I want to do this.. please let us know any tips.. I want to do this to my columbia, dmp, anv 11's 

Originally Posted by spoiledfeet

SICK!!!!   Im gonna do it to my 2 anni's!!!

lol...That's whats up!  Nice work....I'm reading this as i let my 03 cement III's dry after restoring the midsole.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! here are some tips
What you need: Sea glow, Rit dye powder(royal blue), Cotton balls, small plastic cup or container, q tips( for the sole pattern), clean wet rug,
Steps: Make sure the bottom sole of the shoes are clean. Use the cotton balls to apply sea glow(no rit dye) on the bottom sole (use q tips for the grooves). After applying the sea glow, place the shoes under direct sunlight for about an hour or two (depending on how yellow the soles are). Repeat the steps about 2-5 times until you get the clear sole. Make sure to wipe the bottom sole with a wet rug after each application to remove excess sea glow. On a small container, mix sea glow and rit dye. (Add the rit dye little by little on the sea glow and apply a little damp on the sole. you can always add more dye till you reach your desired tint). Again, place them under direct sunlight for an hour and wipe them with a wet rug to remove excess sea glow.

Take your time while doing this, no need to rush.
Credit to our fellow NT user who discovered this procedure.

the anniversaries look 5ox better with the blue tint ... i think ima try that on mine

you did a great job, spoiledfeet! and props on giving me credit.

dont think I got around to posting these...Midnight VI with a Ice Blue tint. Bottom needs to be sea glowed for a day but afterwards will be as icey as the sides

Originally Posted by sthebest

you did a great job, spoiledfeet! and props on giving me credit.

dont think I got around to posting these...Midnight VI with a Ice Blue tint. Bottom needs to be sea glowed for a day but afterwards will be as icey as the sides

*$*? Why?

^^^yes and no...they definitely turn blue, but this process doesn't get rid of the yellow.
I love the look of my tinted soles but to each his own. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Has anyone tried to make the Cool Greys sole a blue/grey tint?
I DID ONE SHOE WAS BLUE AND THE OTHER WAS BLUE GREEN DUE TO YELLOWING BUT AFTTER I DID THIS METHOD THEY WERE BOTH THE SAME COLOR

Back
Top Bottom