Originally Posted by kopNkicks

i dunno how to post pics/vids but i'll try

it looks like the soles on the lebron vii ps

clear but with a blue hue to it.

Oh ok... Do u mind emailing me a pic?? I would appriciate it alot... thanks

IF ANYONE GETS AHOLD OF A PIC...POST IT..I JUST ORDERED SEA GLOW
mad.gif
...BUT IF ITS NOT NECESSARY ILL SELL IT FOR UNDER RETAIL #NOB/S

Trust me you def dont need seaglow, but it couldn't hurt to have some laying around.

just remember to be careful with the midsole cause it took a lot of work to fade out the blue that got on the midsole.

good luck guys, i'm looking forward to trying this again one some other shoes too.

Trust me you def dont need seaglow, but it couldn't hurt to have some laying around.

just remember to be careful with the midsole cause it took a lot of work to fade out the blue that got on the midsole.

good luck guys, i'm looking forward to trying this again one some other shoes too.
IM ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME FEEDBACK IN REGARDS TO LASTING EFFECT... MEANING, WILL SEAGLOW VS WATER DETERMINE WEATHER THE RIT DYE BLUE WILL RUB OFF AFTER A COUPLE OF WEARS..IM GUESSING THATS WHY sthebest USED SEAGLOW VS WATER.

it does suck though cause i just wish jb will come out with kicks that we doing have to custom. like the KO's and even the lakers(color stitching all black)

it does suck though cause i just wish jb will come out with kicks that we doing have to custom. like the KO's and even the lakers(color stitching all black)

it does suck though cause i just wish jb will come out with kicks that we doing have to custom. like the KO's and even the lakers(color stiching all black)

I've been wearing mine all day and purposely walked through a puddle to see if it would bleed or anything, so far so good!!

Time will tell ya know, I think these will still yellow nomatter if they are sea glowed or not.

i know people that seaglowed older jays and said they yellow really fast once they've been sea glowed.

i dunno i also wear my shoes once every 60 days or so due to rotation so my kicks dont get much ground time.

I've been wearing mine all day and purposely walked through a puddle to see if it would bleed or anything, so far so good!!

Time will tell ya know, I think these will still yellow nomatter if they are sea glowed or not.

i know people that seaglowed older jays and said they yellow really fast once they've been sea glowed.

i dunno i also wear my shoes once every 60 days or so due to rotation so my kicks dont get much ground time.

They are going to yellow no matter what. But my thought is, maybe the seaglow would be beneficial due to the fact it is designed to get deep into the oustole to prevent oxidation. Some swear by it, while others say it doesn't go that deep. I'm going to do it with the seaglow anyway, I ordered some years ago and used it once. I think it's time to put it to good use. I don't think it will prevent yellowing and dye it at the same time. Maybe later down the line, I'll seaglow my columbia's with the dye and see if it works. I'll post before and after pics once my project is done.

Originally Posted by 310HxA

Just buy the fakes
laugh.gif
Even those had a blue tinted sole
roll.gif
Fakes beat you to it JB
Nice job on these! I'm sure alot of people are going to do this.
pimp.gif

This is the most worthwhile post in the JB forum in years. I think I'll try this on my SJ's first then maybe the DMP XI's. Thanks again!

i dunno how to post pics/vids but i'll try

it looks like the soles on the lebron vii ps

clear but with a blue hue to it.

you can upload the pics to a hosting site like photobucket, then take the IMG CODE link and paste it in this thread
or you can email one of us the pics and we'll do it for you.

I have a pair of OG concords I may try this on, they are pee yellow, so no risk, I just might have a saturday project, Yellow soles good bye! oh man this could be awesome!

sthebest great job! I will try this on my 2000 concords but the soles are piss yellow. So I will seaglow them first then seaglow + rit dye them to get that icey sole! Thanks for the tutorial and video!

I wish JB would stop producing XI's with crappy rubber for the soles. There truly are other higher quality options that do not yellow and oxidize as easily.

But then again, there would be less of a need for us to buy a new pair if our XI's didn't break down so easily and frequently. It's as almost as if they are purposely made to yellow just in time before the next XI release comes out.
smh.gif

^^^ LOL yooo i bet all the XI 25th an's will be yellow by December when the COOL GREY XI's drop! hahah watch homie, thats what JB does!!
roll.gif

The Silver Anniversary XI's I bought on RD already had slightly yellowing soles. I was like !#$ when I first took them out of the box. And this was even before stepping out of Finishline!

just got an idea but prolly not a good one but I just restored my headlamps that were mustard yellow to almost to mad clear using this

Turtle+Wax240KT+Headlight+Lens+Restorer+Kit.jpg

think it would be a good idea for some yellow soles? I dont have a shoe to test it on yet, but maybe when my silver XI turn yellow in 3 to 4 weeks ill give it a shot

Back
Top Bottom