CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

the lighter the blue tint the better. Needs to be subtle for it to look clean. Darker blue is a no go

totally agree with this IMO.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by Vaddy

Copped a DS pair of OG 2000 Space Jams and decided to dye the soles. Mixed one teaspoon of RIT dye (royal blue) and 5 1/2 teaspoons of seaglow together. Had to apply the dye three times to acquire the light ice blue tint. Took about two hours. Forgive the remnants of dye on the soles, I didn't wipe them off well before I took the pics. These are how the real OG Space Jams looked when MJ was wearing them on the court except his pair had the purple jumpman and stitched on 23 of course. I'm happy with the results. I do plan on wearing these this summer so I hope the tint really helps slow down the yellowing process.....
grin.gif

They look good, but 2000 aren't OG they are retro's
Your exactly right the OG's were in that picture on MJ's feet and in the movie Space Jam. Some people consider the 2000 SJ OG's because that was the first time they were released to the public..... I feel you though....

Whatever you do DO NOT use bleach to remove the dye. It will PINK your shoes up and there's no going back after that. Use seaglow.

Vaddy, your jams look nice. Hope you wiped that excess dye from between the sole lines. It will become permanent if you didn't.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Whatever you do DO NOT use bleach to remove the dye. It will PINK your shoes up and there's no going back after that. Use seaglow.

Vaddy, your jams look nice. Hope you wiped that excess dye from between the sole lines. It will become permanent if you didn't.

Thanks for the tips GottaB and yes I scrubbed the extra dye from between the sole lines with a pad right after I took those pics. I'm really happy with the results just hope the dye holds up. And for the other person asking where to find the RIT Dye, just search for "rit dye royal blue" on eBay or PM me and I will send you a direct link. 

I already had this idea and did it already

also
did my Space Jams (mainly to me being irritated that they were DS and still
yellowing)

When I get my anniversary and space jams....I definitely will be looking into doing this.
pimp.gif

Just dyed my DS pair of 2000 Concords. I think they turned out better than the Space Jams, I mixed in a little more Rit dye this time.
8111696deabe76e19189a3966160db80ce9a05b0_r.jpg
30516867e9be73ed9f94deb4efa6b7b769c845c0_r.jpg
4c826ad6f8e47b3b78de21915bfd2f96e86a8bae_r.jpg

VADDY good work son.. Those concords are on point! I might try it on my 2000 concord. Will you send me the ratios of seaglow to rit you used and the exact RIT product you purchased. Thanks fam

Originally Posted by proballer

VADDY good work son.. Those concords are on point! I might try it on my 2000 concord. Will you send me the ratios of seaglow to rit you used and the exact RIT product you purchased. Thanks fam

Thanks my dude, I just sent you a pm with a tutorial and links to buy the seaglow and Rit Dye. 

Thanks my dude, I just sent you a pm with a tutorial and links to buy the seaglow and Rit Dye. 
let me get that pm too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thejrob

How are these holdin up over time? still kinda want a pair...

My other pair of Concords that I dyed back in December before I was allowed to post on NT are holding up great. Worn them three times so far.... I can see the dye lasting for a long time unless you turn your shoes into beaters...
laugh.gif

This thread amazes me every time I come in to check it out. Shoes look great everyone. Just too scared to try it myself lol

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

a friend of mine did that with some of his XIs. if i recall correctly, it involved the use of a blue sharpie....

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Can I get one too? I sent you  a PM, nice job Vaddy
pimp.gif

RIT dye= walmart
Seaglow = unnecissary just use water (unless your soles are yellow then retrobright is much cheaper anyway)
i used RIT dye navy blue and water and had the powder in a bowl by itself and dipped my paint brush in the water then put it in the dye without making liquid out of it, so the grains are actually on the brush, then carefully painted the soles. let it sit for about 30-45 minutes (the less you let it sit the lighter it is, and the same for how much dye you put on it) then carefully wipe it off with a sponge. I am actually very impatient and with the last couple pairs of shoes i put the soles under running water and wiped it with running water and made sure to get off any that got on the midsole/patent. be careful and please practice on some beaters/shoes you dont care about first before ruining your grails and within 2 practice pairs id say go for it, here are my results:
first pair i did
second pair
and my grails

Just dyed my DS pair of 2000 Concords. I think they turned out better than the Space Jams, I mixed in a little more Rit dye this time.
8111696deabe76e19189a3966160db80ce9a05b0_r.jpg
30516867e9be73ed9f94deb4efa6b7b769c845c0_r.jpg
4c826ad6f8e47b3b78de21915bfd2f96e86a8bae_r.jpg

SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2000 Concords might be in need of this!

I'm trying to restore the yellowed soles on my copper foams should I use retrobright or sea glow and could someone point me in the direction of where I should buy them?

Back
Top Bottom