CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by hipqoh84

looks way better than piss yellow lol

This ^^^^^^ 
Some people like it when the soles yellow because it adds "character" 
laugh.gif

No thanks I would rather keep em as light blue/icey for however long possible. 

This thread has got me on the look out for some anniversary xi's now. So many hot tinted sole in here

honestly i did this before i looked into seaglow and i wish i hadnt done it now, its so easy to get that icy sole plus i think cloudy soles(not yellow) look amazing on 11s so time to get another pair and keep em cloudy lol

may try this on one of my 2000 concords since they're really worn and yellowed anyway, but in some of these pics, the blue dye looks blotchy, like between the grooves...if that's the end result, no thanks, I think I'd rather have yellowed soles.

What happens when the dyed sole turns yellow again? Does it turn green? And if it does, is that reversible?

I don't think sea glowed items have been around long enough to reyellow.

Originally Posted by MCaussade

may try this on one of my 2000 concords since they're really worn and yellowed anyway, but in some of these pics, the blue dye looks blotchy, like between the grooves...if that's the end result, no thanks, I think I'd rather have yellowed soles.

If you are referring to the pictures of the Space Jams posted on page 43 in this thread its because I didn't wipe the excess dye between the grooves before taking the pictures, for the Concords I wiped the soles thoroughly and it looks how it should. The key to not ending up with a bunch of excess (blotchy) dye on the soles is to mix the seaglow & RIT dye very well with a spoon and wipe the soles with a green pad after your done applying the dye.

Originally Posted by Vaddy

Originally Posted by MCaussade

If you are referring to the pictures of the Space Jams posted on page 43 in this thread its because I didn't wipe the excess dye between the grooves before taking the pictures, for the Concords I wiped the soles thoroughly and it looks how it should. The key to not ending up with a bunch of excess (blotchy) dye on the soles is to mix the seaglow & RIT dye very well with a spoon and wipe the soles with a green pad after your done applying the dye.
oh okay, thx for clarifying. it wasn't so much just your pictures, there were a few others in this thread that had the excess, so I wasn't sure if that was the final result. I think I'm getting closer to actually trying this..
laugh.gif

I sold my 2009 Space Jams and copped some 2000s. I retrobrighted them the best I could and then removed the sole. I dyed the inside of the sole and reattached them. It came out pretty nice

I'll still retrobright the soles one or two more sessions and they should be set.

Originally Posted by sthebest

I sold my 2009 Space Jams and copped some 2000s. I retrobrighted them the best I could and then removed the sole. I dyed the inside of the sole and reattached them. It came out pretty nice

I'll still retrobright the soles one or two more sessions and they should be set.

should SG those bad boys first mang. 

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Originally Posted by sthebest

should SG those bad boys first mang. 
I did. two things worth noting
1.) this was my biggest challenge yet. the soles started off being yellow to the point of almost being a light brown.

2.) they look worse in this picture than in real life. the flash made the yellowing more apparent. kinda like how if you take a picture of a slightly yellowing pair of 5s and they look super yellow.

yeah im turning against dyeing the soles now that ive done mine but in all honesty you needed to either keep using retrobrite until almost cloudy instead of yellow or nothing at all, those look pretty bad.

might do this for some 6s, i hate how my bred 6s look now, theyre amber, i wonder what the olympics would look like

Back
Top Bottom