Customizing Eggplant Penny III's ? Vol. Cutting Straps

I just scooped up a pair of penny 3's in the outlet by me for under $50 and was wondering 

if anyone had ever cut the elastic on these because they kind of annoy me a little..since the 

mesh under the straps on the eggplants is black i dont think its too bad. 

Im not saying im gonna do it but its a thought and i wouldnt feel too bad since they were cheap

and not a o.g. color.

Any pics/input will help

I just scooped up a pair of penny 3's in the outlet by me for under $50 and was wondering 

if anyone had ever cut the elastic on these because they kind of annoy me a little..since the 

mesh under the straps on the eggplants is black i dont think its too bad. 

Im not saying im gonna do it but its a thought and i wouldnt feel too bad since they were cheap

and not a o.g. color.

Any pics/input will help

happy.gif
Please DONT DO IT, My friend did it and he liked it at first but then you realize that the strap was put there for a reason....to lock down the shoe.....And it looks very odd with out the straps. Keep them like they came!

happy.gif
Please DONT DO IT, My friend did it and he liked it at first but then you realize that the strap was put there for a reason....to lock down the shoe.....And it looks very odd with out the straps. Keep them like they came!

Damn im really trying not to but dont wanna mess them up to the point i wont rock em anymore, is there any pics of these 'strapless' out there?

Damn im really trying not to but dont wanna mess them up to the point i wont rock em anymore, is there any pics of these 'strapless' out there?

Trust me when you see them without the straps you will change your mind, it makes the shoe look wide and strange...

Trust me when you see them without the straps you will change your mind, it makes the shoe look wide and strange...

they look better w/o the strap but as for the comfort thats one persons opinion, I prob wont feel the same way as Ray

they look better w/o the strap but as for the comfort thats one persons opinion, I prob wont feel the same way as Ray

Thanks for the input guys i ended up cutting them and it came out clean, i didnt like how the midfoot was so tight but towards
the bottom where the elastic stopped it was loose but overall i like it and im glad i did it i like that 'wide look' on most my shoes since i dont lace them tightly anyways

Id post pics but no cam, they came out clean like the ones Ray MuLLa posted

Thanks for the input guys i ended up cutting them and it came out clean, i didnt like how the midfoot was so tight but towards
the bottom where the elastic stopped it was loose but overall i like it and im glad i did it i like that 'wide look' on most my shoes since i dont lace them tightly anyways

Id post pics but no cam, they came out clean like the ones Ray MuLLa posted

Ruins the shoe imo. I feel like you shouldn't have bought them if you're ging to cut the straps. To each his own though.

Back
Top Bottom