Dad Forgets 1 Year Old Twin Babies Are In His Car For 8 Hours....

First off, RIP to the twins. Absolutely heartbreaking story. Check out the 2nd quote. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this happens....sleep deprivation?

Twin 1-year-old babies were found dead and foaming at the mouths in the back of a car in The Bronx on Friday — after being left in the hot vehicle for eight hours by their father, who told cops he had forgotten they were there, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Twin babies found dead and ‘foaming at the mouth’ in back of Bronx car

He forgot to drop them off at their day care Friday morning, Rodriguez has told cops — and didn’t realize they were still in the back seat when he parked at the Bronx hospital where he’s a social worker, court papers reveal.

Eight hours later, the twins, Luna and Phoenix, registered an internal temperature of 108 degrees when coroners examined their bodies in their car seats.

“I assumed I dropped them off at day care before I went to work,” Rodriguez told cops at the scene, according to the criminal complaint against him.

“I blanked out!” he cried.

Dad who left twins in hot car is an Iraq war vet described as an ‘amazing’ father

Was just curious. The dead tiredness I assume that comes with twin babies...yes most likely sleep deprivation. You ever be so tired you’re on auto pilot? Maybe he doesn’t normally drop the kids off. You know when you get into a childcare routine sometimes **** becomes robotic. That’s the only thing I can think of. This dude was distraught doesn’t seem like it was on purpose.

Was just curious. The dead tiredness I assume that comes with twin babies...yes most likely sleep deprivation. You ever be so tired you’re on auto pilot? Maybe he doesn’t normally drop the kids off. You know when you get into a childcare routine sometimes **** becomes robotic. That’s the only thing I can think of. This dude was distraught doesn’t seem like it was on purpose.

Nah, I get it as far as sleep deprivation. However, it's just crazy that he assumed he dropped them off at daycare. That's the part that stood out to me.

Nah, I get it as far as sleep deprivation. However, it's just crazy that he assumed he dropped them off at daycare. That's the part that stood out to me.
I can’t imagine what he’s going through. And the mom. RIP.

Can't wrap me head around how you can "forget" something like this.

Did he not see them back there when he got out the car?

I just don't understand.

I’ve had moments where I think my daughter is with me in the car when she’s not (when she is with her dad). I assume the vice versa can happen too.

Yeah I wonder if he's on any meds that would exacerbate this.

I’ve had moments where I think my daughter is with me in the car when she’s not (when she is with her dad). I assume the vice versa can happen too.

But in this case, he thought he dropped the kids off at daycare.

I legitimately think it's a mistake, but I can't wrap my head around how this happens.

We're too technologically advanced for stuff like this to still be happening. There should be a weight limit alarm to sound if the driver gets out and there's still pressure on the back seat.
I'm sure it was just a tragic accident.

My car has a "rear seat reminder" that goes off whenever I park and open my door to get out.

It can be disabled though so there's that variable.

It can easily happen to anyone with kids. You can set reminders but you can forget to set reminders. I knew a girl who got brought up on charges because she forgot it was her day to take the kids to the daycare. She had the kids in the backseat strapped in, and drove straight to work and left them in the backseat. Somebody found them like 2 hours later, safe and sound, but moms got in trouble.

This girl loves her children more than life itself. Mistakes happen.

We're too technologically advanced for stuff like this to still be happening. There should be a weight limit alarm to sound if the driver gets out and there's still pressure on the back seat.
I'm sure it was just a tragic accident.

Technology can’t solve everything. Humans are still operating a lot of this ergonomic stuff. So, they’re will always be human error.

It’s just sad, altogether.

this bs
ive worked double shifts
worked 3 jobs
still had to drop/pick up my kids
had to run errands
been tired as hell
ive never not once forgot they were with me

Back
Top Bottom