Damn Shaq Put D12 on Full Blast on Twitter

yall act like shaq couldn't have deleted his post....
laugh.gif

dwight jacking shaq's persona is like kobe TRYING (but failed) jacking MJ's persona

o my lord in heaven ... let shaq play against pau gasol, andrew bynum and ... ... ... ... ... ? and see how that would go ... magic would have swept 4-0

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

dwight howard does suck, he has no post moves.

He does have some efficient post moves, but the problem is that they're way too few, he has to be way too close to the basket to execute them, and asKareem pointed out, way too predictable.

Dwight is starting to look like his offensive game is permanently raw.

laugh.gif
shaq was the same way when he first came in the league... dunk and block.. but was so strong that it was hard to stop... howard doesnt have a lot of postmoves.... but the ones that he has works for him... predictable are not... can people stop it? they still have problems and they are doing a hack a howard likethey did shaq...while he is young and athletic he might has well use the power to his advantage... and when he gets a little older and he aint as powerful...then he should worry about other moves... just like how MJ got his turn around fade away.... and shaq started doing more hook shots...

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

D12 is a very athletic player and a very likeable guy.

That being said, he needs a lot of work on his game. As everyone's already mentioned, his offensive game is limited and he becomes a liability late in close games.

Call me crazy but I also think that he could improve on defense. People always cite his great rebounding and blocking stats as evidence of his defensive ability. I think that he is unable to guard mobile and athletic big-men...his man-D isn't that good.

Oh yeah...Shaq has proven time and time again that he's a childish idiot. One of the great all time players but 99% of his comments are plain stupid. He's going to be a great commentator/analyst when he retires since he'll say whatever is on his mind.
I agree about the defense part. I think Gortat is most certainly a better post up defender than Howard. Pau seems to have alot more trouble withGortat than howard.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He does have some efficient post moves, but the problem is that they're way too few, he has to be way too close to the basket to execute them, and as Kareem pointed out, way too predictable.

yea he been in the game a lil too long to not having developed a multifaceted game.

And Im all for someone being able to dunk and hit mad lay ups but when thats taken away, U gotta have an answer for that adjustment

he has zero touch. that's his biggest problem. forget footwork for now.

that running hook he has is awful, comes off the palm of his hand
alien.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

He does have some efficient post moves, but the problem is that they're way too few, he has to be way too close to the basket to execute them, and as Kareem pointed out, way too predictable.

And Im all for someone being able to dunk and hit mad lay ups but when thats taken away, U gotta have an answer for that adjustment
its called passing the ball....

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

so anytime Dwight gets the ball and isn't right under the basket, he is supposed to pass the ball back out? that makes him a huge offensiveliability for his team.

he needs to be a guy that can get the ball on the block and go to work. if Orlando needs a crucial bucket, they should be able to rely on Howard as anautomatic bucket or a foul every time.

when Dwight is ineffective in the post, you notice that teams will stop doubling/tripling down on him which hurts Orlando's perimeter game.

^^ yeah but they still are doubling/triple teaming him... so that must mean that he is STILL doing something right... while he still has the power to beast lethim go all out... and when his strength is not all there... then he should be worried... people act like shaq had amazing foot work when he came into theleague... he was doing damn near the same thing as howard is... it wasnt til later in his career that he got that hook shot down to a science... jordan used tojust leap over people, shoot or dunk... when his legs werent as strong... he depended on a turn around fade away... im not saying he shouldnt learn more postmoves... but he is doing what works for him at the moment and it does produce...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

That being said, he needs a lot of work on his game. As everyone's already mentioned, his offensive game is limited and he becomes a liability late in close games.

Call me crazy but I also think that he could improve on defense. People always cite his great rebounding and blocking stats as evidence of his defensive ability. I think that he is unable to guard mobile and athletic big-men...his man-D isn't that good.

Oh yeah...Shaq has proven time and time again that he's a childish idiot. One of the great all time players but 99% of his comments are plain stupid. He's going to be a great commentator/analyst when he retires since he'll say whatever is on his mind.
I agree about the defense part. I think Gortat is most certainly a better post up defender than Howard. Pau seems to have alot more trouble with Gortat than howard.
You're right. Dwight's a better weakside defender though.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Terrible logic.

Explanation was even worse.

I agree about the defense part. I think Gortat is most certainly a better post up defender than Howard. Pau seems to have alot more trouble with Gortat than howard.

proves that you ant watch one game

and for the record shaq didnt have great foot work till his LA days

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

proves that you ant watch one game

and for the record shaq didnt have great foot work till his LA days
1. I have seen every minute of these finals.

2. Its proves nothing but your arrogance.

3. Footwork is irrelevant Shaq had the touch and feel around the hoop that only the greats posses, it's something that can't be tough or learned andit's something that Dwight Howard does not have. Not to mention an acute sense of how to use his size and bulk to create space and get his shot off anotherHoward and his contested runnings hooks have not displayed.

[h3]Playoffs Advanced[/h3]
[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]PER[/th] [th=""]TS%[/th] [th=""] TRB%[/th] [th=""]STL%[/th] [th=""]BLK%[/th] [th=""]ORtg[/th] [th=""]DRtg ▴[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]26.2[/td] [td].637[/td] [td]25.0[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marcin Gortat[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]15.8[/td] [td].672[/td] [td]18.3[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]99[/td] [/tr][/table]
Marcin Gortant gives up 1 fewer point than Dwight Howard does defensivly over their entire playoff run despite the fact that Howard is a better shot blocker.

it's something that can't be tough or learned and it's something that Dwight Howard does not have
I think it can be improved on.

His post coach right now is a good example.

Seems to me that Shaq's bitterness toward Dwight started this year after he got accused of flopping in a game between the Magic and Suns. This was aroundthe same time he dubbed Stan Van Gundy the "master of panic." I'm think they were cool before that. I remember some clips from all-starpractice a few years ago showing Shaq and Dwight clowing around together, having a dance off or something.

People need to just brush off stuff like this from Shaq. He's got to be one of the most insecure people I've ever observed, which is what fuels mostof his attacks on competitors. It is what it is and is not likely to change.

Back
Top Bottom