Damn, what happened to Hip Hop Groups?

Somebody asked me who the hottest rap group in the game was, and I had a blank stare. Can't really think of any good groups (maybe Pac Div)

I'm not talking posse's like Asap Mob, Keef and his crew, YMCMB, MMG, GOOD Music. Groups/Duo's back in the day like Outkast, Public Enemy, ATCQ, UGK, The Lox, even Little Brother.

What happened to that concept? Everybody wanna come out dolo, and then have their crew backing them. But why can't we get a good group.

I swear groups like Outkast and Naughty By Nature would have never formed in today's world. The better rapper would blown and other guys would have been his crew.

$$$$ you don't get as much as a group you always have to split the dough up you know.

$$$$ you don't get as much as a group you always have to split the dough up you know.

Bingo.

And it really started with D12 & St. Lunatics. Have 1 big star who makes everyone else semi-popular only by association. The M.E.T.H.O.D Man strategy on steroids

Bingo.

And it really started with D12 & St. Lunatics. Have 1 big star who makes everyone else semi-popular only by association. The M.E.T.H.O.D Man strategy on steroids
Man, at least Wu was a real group. Everybody got their chance to go solo, but they dropped 4 albums in their first 8 years of existence, so at least the fans got to see them as a collective and having that group synergy.

Best newer one I would say would be Black Hippy (Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock) but they haven't released an album, so I know what you mean.

Murs & Fashawn make dope music too.

They can't stay together. People outgrow each other and the money always corrupts the situation.

Back
Top Bottom