Dan haren to D-backs

[h3]The Diamondbacks have reportedly picked up Dan Haren from the A's for OF Carlos Gonzalez, LHP Brett Anderson, OF Aaron Cunningham,1B Chris Carter, LHP Greg Smith and LHP Dana Eveland.
[/h3]
That's five of Arizona's top 10 prospects, plus Eveland, who no longer qualified. The A's are really going for quantity over quality here, which is pretty surprising. Gonzalez has star potential, but plate discipline is a big issue. Anderson is clearly the best bet of the pitchers. Smith and Eveland are more bottom-of-the-rotation guys, but Anderson could be a No. 2 in time. Now that Haren is gone, the A's might as well trade Joe Blanton, too.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Great move for the A's....Beane got Arizona's best prospects....next up Bedard...this bodes well for the O's as far as what they can get in return
pimp.gif

I dont care about how good the prospects are...it seems like we always make moves for the future, but the FUTURE never comes...im just so sick and tired of it.I know that theres not much Beane can do with the budget, but damn it seems like everytime theres a potential star player reaching or playing through hisprime, we get rid of him to get as much as we can before havin to deal with expensive free agency. So annoying man... we went to the ALCS a couple years agoand got swept by the Tigers, and that just seems so sureal now...seems like it never happened, we played so well up to that point, now i can barely name halfof the players on my team, its getting sad i swear.

At one point i could name the whole roster...during the tejada era, and now, i struggle to name 10 players on the squad, its getting sad on my part...but justfrustrating, i just dont know whats going on anymore with this franchise.

smh.gif
:/

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Great move for the A's....Beane got Arizona's best prospects....next up Bedard...this bodes well for the O's as far as what they can get in return
pimp.gif
not really double J seen how the O's dont have a GM that is anywhere near what Beane is

Man eff Beane and Wolff. Ever since Beane got part ownership of the team he has been so big headed and made stupid decisions. Trading your number one acewho started the All Star Game and is one of the top pitchers in baseball who is also in his prime makes absolutley no sense at all. We don't even need torebuild this team, we just need to fill a couple holes and we can contend when healthy. I'm tired of seeing all these prospects.

+#$@ YOU BILLY BEANE. I really don't give a +#$@ who we got I am tired of this *%%$. As much as I hate to see it, a move to Fremont is probably the bestthing if it will finally bring fans. But why Haren? Get rid of Joe instead. +#$@!!

pimp.gif
Great move Billy. We raided their precious minor league system, justwhat we wanted to do. If we can land one more solid starter and leave the last two spots for some youngsters, we'll be fine. He says we're playing forthe postseason THIS year, but I just want a championship by 2011 (CISCO Field
pimp.gif
).

I'm really a fan of Carter, but I say we move him to 3rd, get rid of Chavez, and keep Barton on 1st.

Will this pay off? Oh you bet your ***.

%#!* it, I say get rid of Chavez, Crosby, Kotsay, and Harden while we are at it. If we are going to rebuild for the future then do it completely, as much as Ihate it. So how good are these prospects tho?

Chris Carter back in the Bay...haven't seen him in a min, I bet he's excited.

DH/1b right there.

Wow, tough 1-2 punch.

They still need some offense though like most NL West teams (with the exception of Colorado).

As long as the A's don't generate enough revenue, Billy Beane is going to have to trade his assest's into prospects. That's how the A'shave been able to stay competitive for so long, by building up their farm system and playing money ball. The prospects look promising and hopefully they'llbe able to contribute sooner than later.

Haren should fit in nicely with the D-Backs and should be used to the lack of run support he will be getting.

Wow, tough 1-2 punch.
Very solid, but they gave up a-lot. They also traded away Valverde, a move I thought made little sense. He was the heart/soul/fire of thatbullpen. I found him annoying, but that is because he wasn't on my team.

We picked up Kuroda, so our 1-4 will be solid, not
eek.gif
, but solid. Penny,Billingsley, Kuroda and Lowe. I really didn't want to see Matt Kemp go. That being said, we are out of the Bedard sweepstakes. Arizona traded away a lot ofprospects, but their system is deep and could take such a hit.

Basically:

D-Backs get:
Dan Haren (A's)
Connor Robertson (A's)
Chad Qualls (Astros)
Chris Burke (Astros)
Juan Guttierrez (Astros)

A's get:
Brett Anderson
Greg Smith
Dana Eveland
Carlos Gonzales
Aaron Cunningham
Chris Carter

Astros get:
Jose Valverde

D'Backs rotation: Webb, Haren, Randy Johnson, Doug Davis and Micah Owings.

So they have a good 1-2 punch and then drop off. Randy Johnson has injury issues, Doug Davis will give you innings but needs to get bailed out a lot. I likeMicah Owings, but he is still rough around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom