Danger Mouse + Daniele Luppi,Jack White, Norah Jones=Rome, in stores May 17

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

every project Danger Mouse touches turns to gold

eyes.gif
no

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

^^^

minus the odd couple...

Odd couple was a pretty soild effort in my opinion, but yeah it wasn't gold either.
And why are yall acting like there's no chance this might suck
laugh.gif
I'm looking forward to it and everything but you guys get so gassed over any eclectic collaboration project. Insert Blakroc
laugh.gif

from the link it sounds new age western indie @@$, good looks on the info, sounds good, supporting it.

from the link it sounds new age western indie @@$, good looks on the info, sounds good, supporting it.

coverrvq.jpg

Some five years in the making, the conception of Rome actually dates back even further, to the 2004 meeting of Brian Burton a/k/a Danger Mouse and Italian composer/arranger Daniele Luppi. Burton was emerging from the aftermath of the media storm around his Grey Album and beginning work on Gorillaz now multi-platinum and Grammy winning Demon Days. Luppi was amassing acclaim for his album An Italian Story, which paid tribute to the cinematic sounds that shaped his childhood, while writing music for the screen (Sex In The City, Nine, etc.) and soon thereafter contributing arrangements to Burton projects including Gnarls Barkley, Dark Night of the Soul and Broken Bells.

United in their shared passion for classic Italian film music, Burton and Luppi have created a record like no other: Intense songwriting periods both together and apart and travels to Rome during which Luppi reunited for the first time in decades original musicians from the scores of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West including the legendary Marc 4 backing band and Alessandro Alessandroni’s ‘I Cantori Moderni’ choir laid the groundwork. Recording took place in Rome’s cavernous Forum Studios formerly Ortophonic Studios, founded, amongst others, by the great Ennio Morricone — employing vintage equipment, for which Burton and Luppi would pay with bottles of wine, and making every effort to replicate the recording practices of the 1960s/70s golden age, recording live to tape, with no electronics, computers or 21st-century effects.

for more info and buy check: www.romealbum.com

Tracklist

01. Theme Of Rome
02. The Sore With a Broken Neck
03. Morning Fog (Interlude)
04. Season’s Trees
05. Her Hollow Ways (Interlude)
06. Roman Blue
07. Two Against One
08. The Gambling Priest
09. The World (Interlude)
10. Black
11. The Matador Has Fallen
12. Morning Fog
13. Problem Queen
14. Her Hollow Ways
15. The World

album is 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

official release is May 17 but it's already out there. 

coverrvq.jpg

Some five years in the making, the conception of Rome actually dates back even further, to the 2004 meeting of Brian Burton a/k/a Danger Mouse and Italian composer/arranger Daniele Luppi. Burton was emerging from the aftermath of the media storm around his Grey Album and beginning work on Gorillaz now multi-platinum and Grammy winning Demon Days. Luppi was amassing acclaim for his album An Italian Story, which paid tribute to the cinematic sounds that shaped his childhood, while writing music for the screen (Sex In The City, Nine, etc.) and soon thereafter contributing arrangements to Burton projects including Gnarls Barkley, Dark Night of the Soul and Broken Bells.

United in their shared passion for classic Italian film music, Burton and Luppi have created a record like no other: Intense songwriting periods both together and apart and travels to Rome during which Luppi reunited for the first time in decades original musicians from the scores of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West including the legendary Marc 4 backing band and Alessandro Alessandroni’s ‘I Cantori Moderni’ choir laid the groundwork. Recording took place in Rome’s cavernous Forum Studios formerly Ortophonic Studios, founded, amongst others, by the great Ennio Morricone — employing vintage equipment, for which Burton and Luppi would pay with bottles of wine, and making every effort to replicate the recording practices of the 1960s/70s golden age, recording live to tape, with no electronics, computers or 21st-century effects.

for more info and buy check: www.romealbum.com

Tracklist

01. Theme Of Rome
02. The Sore With a Broken Neck
03. Morning Fog (Interlude)
04. Season’s Trees
05. Her Hollow Ways (Interlude)
06. Roman Blue
07. Two Against One
08. The Gambling Priest
09. The World (Interlude)
10. Black
11. The Matador Has Fallen
12. Morning Fog
13. Problem Queen
14. Her Hollow Ways
15. The World

album is 

official release is May 17 but it's already out there. 

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Odd couple was a pretty soild effort in my opinion, but yeah it wasn't gold either.
laugh.gif
I'm looking forward to it and everything but you guys get so gassed over any eclectic collaboration project. Insert Blakroc
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm with you bruh.  

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm with you bruh.  

Will definitely give it a listen. Love Norah, like Jack's voice and I'm a fan of DM (don't think everything he does is gold though
laugh.gif
)

wonder how many ppl know who Daniele Luppi is?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Will definitely give it a listen. Love Norah, like Jack's voice and I'm a fan of DM (don't think everything he does is gold though
laugh.gif
)

wonder how many ppl know who Daniele Luppi is?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Guess y'all haven't listened to that Joker's Daughter project.
sick.gif

I listened to "ROME" earlier today and don't know what to think of it. It's not bad, but it's not really my cup of tea (moved a little too slow for my liking). Surprised there was so many instrumental tracks, as well.

"Season's Trees" is dope, though.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Guess y'all haven't listened to that Joker's Daughter project.
sick.gif

I listened to "ROME" earlier today and don't know what to think of it. It's not bad, but it's not really my cup of tea (moved a little too slow for my liking). Surprised there was so many instrumental tracks, as well.

"Season's Trees" is dope, though.

I was just about to make a thread, glad I looked.
Heard about this last night browsing twitter on my phone and nprmusic posted a link.

Loving everything about this album.

I was just about to make a thread, glad I looked.
Heard about this last night browsing twitter on my phone and nprmusic posted a link.

Loving everything about this album.

Back
Top Bottom