Dating Age Gap: How Young is Too Young, How Old is Too Old?

What lead to me starting this thread is someone saying that a 19-20 dating a 16-17 falls within the realm of pedo activities. But I don’t agree, and here’s why...

They fall within a 5 year age range.
Imo, the people within said age rage are the people you’re gonna have the most in common with. You were high school around the same time.Your 1st job(s) at fast food restaurants, the movies, amusement parks, etc. that’s gonna be the group of people you're surrounded by.

In my case, I’ve been the younger of the two in my indulgences with women all but once, and not even on purpose they fell within the 5 yr age group.

As today and for the longest too young, too old to me is anything over 12yrs... with exceptions :rofl: :evil: .

Yes I think I Puffy (1969) is a socially acceptable pedophile for allegedly fouling around w/ Lori Harvey (1997). When she was 1 he was 28. That’s mad gross in my head.

Well...My mother and her husband are 7years apart. However they met in their adult years.

IMO, it’s a different mindset/maturity when adults meet than a 21 and 16 year old. Even that whole 15 vs. 18 as stated above.

But then again, I never been into younger women.

Sometimes i wonder about these dudes that be out here dating 18/19 year olds and they be in their mid/late 20’s. Like what can y’all possibly be talking about?

Sometimes i wonder about these dudes that be out here dating 18/19 year olds and they be in their mid/late 20’s. Like what can y’all possibly be talking about?
Now I do agree with this being nasty. I used to see 24-25yrs pick chicks up from my school and the girls involved would brag about it. Normalized and even acceptable in my most states, but I think/thought its creepy.

If your 20 dating a 16 year old you have no game. Even more lame when your 21 and she’s 17. When you get older it’s different than when your younger.

It’s not always about game. They could just have a natural affinity for one another. Now if you’re just targeting 16 year olds I’m gonna look at u sideways.

When I was 27 I dated a 21 year old and at times that gap felt huge. Most of the time it wasn’t a big deal, but there were definitely times where her age stuck out to me and it was unattractive. I’m 31 now and I try to stick with women who are 27 and up. I think around 26 and up is when peoples mindset starts to change a bit.

The weirdest thing I've noticed is that since I turned 30 I've had a lot of younger girls actively pursue me.

Since then gotten hit up by a lot of girls in the 19-23 age bracket. Entertained it a few times, but it never works out to anything more than a couple smashes before it becomes readily apparent that we have absolutely nothing in common. :lol:

19 and 17, which was the initial scenario that prompted the creation of this thread, doesn’t seem odd to me. If the age of consent in a given state green lights a 17 year old, I can’t knock a 19 year old for dating that person.

When you get to the range where it’s 18 and 19 year olds dating (and not just smashing) people who are in their mid to late 20s, I start to raise an eyebrow; just seems that there’s too big a difference in mindsets between those two age brackets.

When a person’s in their late 20s or early 30s and actively dating “on the scene,”there’s such a hodgepodge of people out there that you’re bound to encounter some age gaps. But by then, hopefully the person is attracting others in more mature settings, rather than grooming an individual that was in grade school n****. So a 23 year old running off with a 30 year old doesn’t seem as strange.

When I was 27 I dated a 21 year old and at times that gap felt huge. Most of the time it wasn’t a big deal, but there were definitely times where her age stuck out to me and it was unattractive. I’m 31 now and I try to stick with women who are 27 and up. I think around 26 and up is when peoples mindset starts to change a bit.
i had the opposite situation. i was 21 and she was 27 or 28 i cant remember but the gap was significant.
she was ready to settle down and i was ready to test my limits on how much i could party

At 25, a person is still sort of figuring things out, but they ought to have a pretty good idea of how the world around them works. There’s a certain modicum of maturity you can reasonably expect from a person who’s 25 (ie you expect them to have goals clearly defined, you expect them to be working towards said goals, you expect them to be becoming increasingly independent, etc).

An 18 year old is, for the most part, completely new to the game. There’s a high likelihood that an 18 year old hasn’t had a ton of real life experiences. This is typically when people get their first tastes of freedom (whether it be going off to college or getting out into to working world to make a living on their own) so there’ll be a lot of things in life that are just foreign for them at 18.

Strictly giving my opinion and not judging, I think that the mindset between two individuals in that scenario are just too different. Not saying that it can't work, just acknowledging that both people would likely be in different spaces in their live in that scenario.

32. I can’t even have a CONVERSATION with any female under 26. Completely different mindset.

I always preferred older women. Not to be judgemental but I cannot relate to any of these younger chics. Even some women my age 30-36 years old. Minds be totally f***** up. And I get agitated really fast.

but yeah, I was always that 20 something who dated or wanted someone 35+.

I was just always mature for my age

While I don’t see a huge issue with dating younger, pushing it to the extremes is very questionable.

Older dudes that actively try to bag 17-18 year olds give off the vibe of “if I could legally have sex with someone younger than this, I would.”

Agree. And to go further. I get the “I can easily control her mind. Because she’s green to the world” type vibe.

some dudes like preying on naivety. Gotta let these women grow and develop with dudes their age. Nothing wrong with two 16 year olds dating or growing. But a 34 year old man trying to date a 16 year old is downright DISGUSTING and beguiling!!!

jennifer-schulte-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom