Daunte Culpepper works out for Detroit; One report says he's signed

jpzx

Supporter
After Thigpen's performance on Sunday, Kansas City cancelled their meeting with Daunte Culpepper that was supposed to take place today. That's whereDaunte thought he was going to play, so where do you think he's going to play now?

Possible destinations-- Detroit, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, New England, San Francisco, Seattle?

I know a lot of those aren't likely, but they are possible. Or do you think Daunte will just fade back into retirement?

340x.jpg

i read that this morning dude going to price himself out of a team AGAIN. i dont see anyone signing him long term take a short term deal prove u heathly andthen u will get a good deal

Looks like he's got a interview w/ the Lions
nerd.gif

From Profootballtalk.com:
[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/28/culpepper-visiting-lions/[/h2]
[h2]CULPEPPER VISITING LIONS[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2008, 10:00 a.m. EDT

Unretired quarterback Daunte Culpepper is visiting the Detroit Lions, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.

Though most teams typically hold "Gong Show" workouts on Tuesdays, and while the Lions have sniffed around a slew of players with recognizable names this year, Culpepper's decision to rebuff the interest of other teams (including the Chiefs) because he was/is in discussions with what he called a "better fit" makes it reasonable to conclude that the Lions are the team to which he was referring.

Detroit is one of the few places where Culpepper would have a chance to play in 2008 (if, that is, he can find a way to throw the ball through those tricky Ford Field winds). The current starter is Dan Orlovsky, and second-year pro Drew Stanton is developing sufficiently slowly to be in real danger of falling behind Drew Henson - if that hasn't already happened.

[Editor's note: A media source tells us that Stanton remains the No. 2 quarterback behind Orlovsky. Apparently, there was a report in one of the Detroit papers a couple of weeks back that erroneously suggested Henson had leapfrogged Stanton.]

But to the extent the Culpepper is looking for an opportunity for 2009, the Lions might not be the ideal choice. With coach Rod Marinelli most likely gone after the season (if not sooner) and the front office possibly being cleaned out, Culpepper would have to hope that the new regime wants to keep him around.

Then again, Culpepper could create a job for all of them next year, if he can shake up a team that has dipped to 0-7, and that could lose the next nine.

NOWHERE

Seriously. Dallas doesn't want him because Garrett didn't see anything from him when he was in Miami. When Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger are moreappealing than you, it's time to hang it up.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

NOWHERE

Seriously. Dallas doesn't want him because Garrett didn't see anything from him when he was in Miami. When Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger are more appealing than you, it's time to hang it up.
Detroit looks like the only option right now for him to start (which is what he wants)...so if the interview doesn't go the way he wants it toand the Lions don't sign him, I think he'll just fall back into retirement. That, or he'll take a pay cut and decide to backup another teamsstarter realizing that he only shows shades of the player he once was.

Retirement seems more likely than that scenario though

I thought on the bottom line it said that HE cancelled the meeting because he had another offer/meeting with another team.

That's what I saw this morning.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I thought on the bottom line it said that HE cancelled the meeting because he had another offer/meeting with another team.

Are you talking about the meeting with Kansas City? It says right here that KC cancelled it: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.html
Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

SF?
nerd.gif
There's no rumor or anything, I just said that because of the benching of O'Sullivan on Sunday

Originally Posted by JPZx

Are you talking about the meeting with Kansas City? It says right here that KC cancelled it: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.html

SF?
nerd.gif
There's no rumor or anything, I just said that because of the benching of O'Sullivan on Sunday

Yea the one w/KC but like I said it's just what I saw on the bottomline this morning before I left so I could be wrong and I didn't read any otherreports about it.

Come on SF make a damn move, we are in a real wack division and able to make up games with the shot of making the playoffs but were going to have to winatleast 5 or 6 of the next 8 weeks

Ill Culpepper in a second if it means i dont have to watch JTO or Shaun Hill

Dallas doesnt need him, we got one more week to deal with B-Rad. then romo is back. pointless to sign this dude.

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Dallas doesnt need him, we got one more week to deal with B-Rad. then romo is back. pointless to sign this dude.
That's what I was thinking too..but I was just offering Dallas as a possible destination even though it's not likely.

Just so you Dallas fans know, good things happen when Brooks Bollinger starts. AP broke the single-game rushing record with Bollinger as starting QB
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1) San Fransisco forty-losers
laugh.gif

2) Seattle Seahawks

3) Cincinnati Bengals

4) Kansas City Chiefs ( I just think he is trying to play hard-ball with them)

5) New England Patriots

6) Detroit Lions

7) Dallas Cowboys

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

1) San Fransisco forty-suckers

2) Seattle Seahawks

3) Cincinnati Bengals

4) Kansas City Chiefs ( I just think he is trying to play hard-ball with them)

5) New England Patriots

6) Detroit Lions

7) Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions?

His NFL career is over, and Colt McCoy is about to blow his NCAA Completion percentage record out of the water...
smh.gif

When Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger are more appealing than you, it's time to hang it up.

Correction, when the CHIEFS don't want you its time to head to the broadcast booth.

Originally Posted by langfor5

When Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger are more appealing than you, it's time to hang it up.

Correction, when the CHIEFS don't want you its time to head to the broadcast booth.

He can't get a job there either. He would request a salary that is greater than the combined salaries of John Madden and Al Michaels, and then when hedoesn't get it he'll claim that all the networks are blackballing him out of an analyst job.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Are you talking about the meeting with Kansas City? It says right here that KC cancelled it: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.html

SF?
nerd.gif

you asked where he was going so i said SF?!
laugh.gif
...as of right now anythingand anyone is better than the kind of garbage we have
ohwell.gif

Man as a Lions fan ( I know, I know) I was thinking that we should get him and was all excited to read we almost signed him. But The more I think about it Iwould rather let Stanton get some experience under his belt. Even if we comes in a wins a few games for us what does it accomplish? Nothing. I hope we bringsomeone in that cleans house like Parcell's did in Miami. Start all over. I hated to see Roy go but we was under achieving and we got a 1st out of him. Imean really theres nowhere to go but up from here.

Ehh who am I kidding. We're the Lions. Only team in the history of sports to be in the "rebuilding phase" since the 50's.

Back
Top Bottom