Daunte Culpepper works out for Detroit; One report says he's signed

caLiwestcoast1 wrote:
Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Proshares

I thought on the bottom line it said that HE cancelled the meeting because he had another offer/meeting with another team.

That's what I saw this morning.
Are you talking about the meeting with Kansas City? It says right here that KC cancelled it: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.html
caLiwestcoast1 wrote:
SF?
nerd.gif
There's no rumor or anything, I just said that because of the benching of O'Sullivan on Sunday

you asked where he was going so i said SF?!
laugh.gif
...as of right now anything and anyone is better than the kind of garbage we have
ohwell.gif

Thats is very true, and i knew it would be one the teams I listed.

codyj1326 wrote:
Man as a Lions fan ( I know, I know) I was thinking that we should get him and was all excited to read we almost signed him. But The more I think about it I would rather let Stanton get some experience under his belt. Even if we comes in a wins a few games for us what does it accomplish? Nothing. I hope we bring someone in that cleans house like Parcell's did in Miami. Start all over. I hated to see Roy go but we was under achieving and we got a 1st out of him. I mean really theres nowhere to go but up from here.

Ehh who am I kidding. We're the Lions. Only team in the history of sports to be in the "rebuilding phase" since the 50's.

laugh.gif

Dont feel bad if the Bengals and the Chiefs still suck toward the end of the year they play each other for the last game of the year, to see who will get their1st win.

But I also was wondering when Drew Stanton was going to get his shot, I know he was nice coming out of Michigan State and to get drafted by his home team mustbe nice as well. I look forward to hearing Culpepper to C. Johnson though...maybe he can hook up with I'm like he did Moss back in the day.

Originally Posted by codyj1326

Man as a Lions fan ( I know, I know) I was thinking that we should get him and was all excited to read we almost signed him. But The more I think about it I would rather let Stanton get some experience under his belt. Even if we comes in a wins a few games for us what does it accomplish? Nothing. I hope we bring someone in that cleans house like Parcell's did in Miami. Start all over. I hated to see Roy go but we was under achieving and we got a 1st out of him. I mean really theres nowhere to go but up from here.

Ehh who am I kidding. We're the Lions. Only team in the history of sports to be in the "rebuilding phase" since the 50's.
So True. Stanton was a 2nd round pick and it does no good to just let him sit on the bench right now because we will not re sign Orlskey..(sp)after this year. I'd love to see Daunte come to us and shine but once again the front office has done this job +%% backwards.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by truthmain

If/when he gets up to speed, he might get a good thing going with Megatron over there.
Daunte is only 3 years younger than Tony Romo..so you have to think that he still has something left in his tank. The only question is, how muchexactly? All of the knee problems he has had have definitely hurt his running game..which is one of main reasons he was a threat to opposing defenses.

According to Kevin Seifert on ESPN.com..Culpepper left the Lions facility after his workout but indicated that he will stay in contact with the team

I hope the Lions do NOT SIGN Culpepper. Dude is 31 bout to be 32 and rapidly declining.
I'm all for giving Drew Stanton a chance. Anybody but Orlovsky.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The Lions need to build a team around a young QB rather then an old QB that is on his way out.
There is a reason he is not playing right now.

Originally Posted by shoefreak14

I hope the Lions do NOT SIGN Culpepper. Dude is 31 bout to be 32 and rapidly declining.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The Lions need to build a team around a young QB rather then an old QB that is on his way out.
Yes, we do need to build around a young QB, which means sign Daunte for a season or 2 and let him teach Stanton a couple things before hes donefor good. I want to see Drew play as much as anyone else, but hes just not experienced enough right now. Daunte is exactly what we need right now, someonewith experience throwing the ball and who can lead Stanton in the right direction, because I know I dont want the kid taking pointers from Kitna
smh.gif

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer-Press is saying the deal is done
nerd.gif

I'm pretty sure this is a done deal..just waiting for a credible source

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal gets done, maybe not today, but in the next few at the most

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

caLiwestcoast1 wrote:
Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Proshares

I thought on the bottom line it said that HE cancelled the meeting because he had another offer/meeting with another team.

That's what I saw this morning.
Are you talking about the meeting with Kansas City? It says right here that KC cancelled it: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.htmlhttp://www.kansascity.com/160/story/861396.html
caLiwestcoast1 wrote:
SF?
nerd.gif
There's no rumor or anything, I just said that because of the benching of O'Sullivan on Sunday

you asked where he was going so i said SF?!
laugh.gif
...as of right now anything and anyone is better than the kind of garbage we have
ohwell.gif

Thats is very true, and i knew it would be one the teams I listed.

codyj1326 wrote:

laugh.gif

Dont feel bad if the Bengals and the Chiefs still suck toward the end of the year they play each other for the last game of the year, to see who will get their 1st win.

But I also was wondering when Drew Stanton was going to get his shot, I know he was nice coming out of Michigan State and to get drafted by his home team must be nice as well. I look forward to hearing Culpepper to C. Johnson though...maybe he can hook up with I'm like he did Moss back in the day.

ummmmm, chiefs already have a W by beating Denver.

Originally Posted by vctry20

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal gets done, maybe not today, but in the next few at the most
I think it will be announced by early tonight..

By the way, there is already a #8 on the roster (Jon Kitna) so maybe Daunte will be wearing #11 like in his Minnesota days?

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Originally Posted by shoefreak14

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yes, we do need to build around a young QB, which means sign Daunte for a season or 2 and let him teach Stanton a couple things before hes done for good. I want to see Drew play as much as anyone else, but hes just not experienced enough right now. Daunte is exactly what we need right now, someone with experience throwing the ball and who can lead Stanton in the right direction, because I know I dont want the kid taking pointers from Kitna
smh.gif
Yea that makes. Stanton does need some more experience... dont want him to develop into another Joey Harrington
sick.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom