Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
if any group asks you not to use what you deem “crude language“, how supportive are you really being?

maybe you should actually hear that group out and consider what they think of that language

I know words from childhood that were regularly used and weren’t deemed THAT bad then.. Words offensive to gay people, words offensive to those with disabilities and hell words offensive to Asian people

hell look at the Washington football team name or the Cleveland baseball team mascot

or how about even those sports teams that don’t have offensive names and/or imagery but you got 10s of thousands of white people doing the ‘chop’ when they massacred their people
So you're against all of Dave's standup then? And a couple dozen other comedians?

Never really been a fan of his but I did watch it because my husband wanted to. How is the molestation joke not getting any smoke? Nor the vet joke? Those were both pretty messed up and stood out to me more.
Going off the back and forth on the last page. Seems the lbgt community's focus on trans rights and being a vanguard when they're attacked has led to them getting the monopoly on being outraged when made fun of. All other groups get drowned out by the louder voice.

Going off the back and forth on the last page. Seems the lbgt community's focus on trans rights and being a vanguard when they're attacked has led to them getting the monopoly on being outraged when made fun of. All other groups get drowned out by the louder voice.
As a black woman my frustrations run deep but I’ll reserve my comments.

As a black woman my frustrations run deep but I’ll reserve my comments.
Hey don't even get me started. On one hand, I know what would be said in response to how the lbgt community has kinda been steamrolling their way to civil rights and it wouldn't be totally wrong but on the other, its not hard to see whats going on.

Another brilliant special. If I’m being honest though the Daphne set came off as pandering a bit. I don’t think he owes anyone anything but I get it.

It just goes to show, what’s hot is hot in culture. The Trans community is upset but not the gay community. There were gay jokes that no one is talking about. Gay is old news. It’s like that South Park episode when Cartman gets AIDS and no one cares because cancer was the hot topic.

Never really been a fan of his but I did watch it because my husband wanted to. How is the molestation joke not getting any smoke? Nor the vet joke? Those were both pretty messed up and stood out to me more.
Yeah, that whole priest joke didn't land for me at all.

Yeah, that whole priest joke didn't land for me at all.

you can make jokes about literal child molestation

you can say you believe trans women are women, and you support there right to use the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity, ect ect

but make one **** and fart joke at their expense and you're literally responsible for the murder of trans people.

im not cool with this

This is a great example, when I watched Louis CKs N word bit

I don't remember anyone turning around and saying
"Louis CK is responsible for every black person murdered by the police."

1633663474621.png

you see this claim constantly repeated with zero scrutiny.

This special will lead DIRECTLY to the mass murder of trans people, it's insane.

Somehow a special that says; trans women are women,
trans women should be allowed to live and use the bathroom that aligns with their gender.
comes out against anti trans conservative legislation.

a special that has a story of Dave friendship with a trans women and attempts to support her
burgeoning comedy career as it's closing bit

that's the special will lead to the MURDER of trans people.

the murderous transphobe is going to site this special and say,
"you gotta die because something something I watched the closer on netflix a couple days a go."

???

im not cool with this

That's cool but I was responding to what you said in your post. Nobody is talking about comedians trying to get Seinfeld to say the n word.

Tons of comedians make fun of many marginalized and minority groups whether they're a part of them or not. Sometimes at the expense of those groups, sometimes laughing with them. They're meant as jokes though not coded hate speech. Those groups complain, voice their displeasure up to even saying they're offended regardless. They ask for those comedians to stop.

You're siding with them saying the comedians should stop. You're saying older now and know better to make jokes or I guess laugh at those things correct?

There just seems to be no acknowledgement that these are jokes meant to entertain not purposely and directly offend or support the death of a group of ppl. We're not talking about thoughtlessly using slurs as punchlines.

I feel like this is orchestrated controversy from those who claim to be upset. I’m glad they’re proving Dave’s point in which the issue has and is always been with white people. Anyone not seeing that is being obtuse .

Dave is methodical with his joke telling. From how he set up the Clifford joke to how he used it several times down the line and so forth. The type of material he used in this special could’ve came off alt-rightish but he handled it with enough balance. Humor and seriousness. Comedy is effortless for him at this point.

Or I could just reconsider whatever my thoughts were specifically of 3 of the 4 men there

this is another example, to go back to sports

1633664307210.jpeg

That's cool but I was responding to what you said in your post. Nobody is talking about comedians trying to get Seinfeld to say the n word.

Tons of comedians make fun of many marginalized and minority groups whether they're a part of them or not. Sometimes at the expense of those groups, sometimes laughing with them. They're meant as jokes though not coded hate speech. Those groups complain, voice their displeasure up to even saying they're offended regardless. They ask for those comedians to stop.

You're siding with them saying the comedians should stop. You're saying older now and know better to make jokes or I guess laugh at those things correct?

There just seems to be no acknowledgement that these are jokes meant to entertain not purposely and directly offend or support the death of a group of ppl. We're not talking about thoughtlessly using slurs as punchlines.

what I’m saying is be better, be more creative.. racists have been doing it for years with finding new shh to say while avoiding certain words everyone has accepted will get you in trouble

there are a lot of ways to call someone dumb or stupid without using a word we have fortunately finally decided as a society is wrong because it is derogatory to those with disabilities

This is a great example, when I watched Louis CKs N word bit

I don't remember anyone turning around and saying
"Louis CK is responsible for every black person murdered by the police."

1633663474621.png

you see this claim constantly repeated with zero scrutiny.

This special will lead DIRECTLY to the mass murder of trans people, it's insane.

Somehow a special that says; trans women are women,
trans women should be allowed to live and use the bathroom that aligns with their gender.
comes out against anti trans conservative legislation.

a special that has a story of Dave friendship with a trans women and attempts to support her
burgeoning comedy career as it's closing bit

that's the special will lead to the MURDER of trans people.

the murderous transphobe is going to site this special and say,
"you gotta die because something something I watched the closer on netflix a couple days a go."

???
Tweet was fear mongering.
Tryna be so extreme no one dares challenges it for fear of backlash. Exactly Dave's point.

what I’m saying is be better, be more creative.. racists have been doing it for years with finding new shh to say while avoiding certain words everyone has accepted will get you in trouble

there are a lot of ways to call someone dumb or stupid without using a word we have fortunately finally decided as a society is wrong because it is derogatory to those with disabilities
I'm not sure what word or words you're referring to with the topic of Dave and the trans community but I'm talking about comedians making jokes about them at all.

They say its offensive and that he hates those ppl and are contributing to the murder of trans ppl. To me if you're siding with that stance your cutting out most funny comedians. Not just Dave.

I don't know if you saw the latest special but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

I did noticed Jerry, went from dying laughing to stonedfaced when they broke out the N word. Only the two cancelled white guys were laughing.

jerry and Louie are Jewish

wonder how that convo would have went if Chris rock started throwing out certain words used for Jews and playing on stereotypes

I never thought much of Ricky or Louie.. but I look differently at Chris rock after that shh

Back
Top Bottom