Day Z- The First Hardcore Zombie Apocalypse Game

swendro

formerly swendro88
http://www.dayzmod.com/

Cliff notes
-PC Mod of a game called ARMA2
-50 people per server.
-225 sq km map.
-The goal of the game is to simply survive. You have to eat food and drink water to stay alive. You'll find bandages,morphine,and blood packs to heal yourself. Weapons/ food/ ammo can be found in buildings. Items are pretty scarce. You'll often only find empty tin cans. < I think this may be the result of a bug that popped up in the last update.
-You start the game with a crappy handgun, a can of food, a bottle of water,flares and a few health items. You have to find a map in order to have a map.
-Permadeath= You die you restart the entire game. Makes player encounters super tense, knowing at any minute the other people can turn on you.
-If you kill other players you will be labeled a bandit. Bandits wear different clothes than the other players. They'll probably have better weapons than you. Stay clear if you don't have the fire power.
-Can salvage parts and build vehicles. It must be pretty tough as I've yet to see one in my playtime.
-This game isn't about mowing down hordes of zombies. You'll want to avoid them. They run as fast you do, but you can lose them by running up steep hills. Firing your gun will attract more zombies. You don't have to headshot them, which is a good thing.
-24hr day night cycle. Playing at night is hard as hell. If you don't have flares and the moon isn't shining, you're not going to be able to do much.

All the youtube vids for this game are 10+ minutes long. Just watch a few minutes if you don't bother with 10+ min vids on NT. Or skip directly to the Chopper raid

map
Spoiler [+]
316afzq.jpg

This is a mod that is in alpha mode so it's still rough. There are many houses, buildings, and barns, but 90% of them can't be opened. The zombie animations aren't great. There is plenty of work to be done. Still, it truly is an awesome experience. I can't wait to see this concept fully realized into an actual retail game.

Haven't watched the vids yet but it sounds AMAZING! Would be fun to gather up some goons and parade around bullying other people

reminds me of the book of Eli for some reason . I want the game tho

Looks fun. But you have to have ARMA2 before being able to get this, right?

Originally Posted by Noskey

It's an ARMA 2 mod, so yeah.
I was thinking about purchasing ARMA 2 on steam like 5 minutes ago just for this mod. 
laugh.gif

It'll be something to do waiting for Walking Dead to come back.

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

Originally Posted by Noskey

It's an ARMA 2 mod, so yeah.
I was thinking about purchasing ARMA 2 on steam like 5 minutes ago just for this mod. 
laugh.gif

It'll be something to do waiting for Walking Dead to come back.

You need the Operation Arrowhead expansion as well.

The servers are a mess right now.

Game looks
sick.gif
wish it was for 360

Only problem with this game is the friendly fire.

People are gonna troll the hell out of this game shooting people so they have to make a new character each time.

This is a dream come true type of game. If only it were more realistic looking, needs better graphics nd maybe a bit more gore. also one shot kill has to go, everything else is
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

This looks fun as hell if you run with a group. Being a lonewolf is going to require some patience.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom