DC people...fill me in on the area around Nationals Park

going down to see the Phillies play the Nats on May 5th for my buddies b-day
What is a good area to get a hotel?  is the area around the ballpark bad/good?  give me some recommendations on spots to hit up and a suggestion on where to stay

I prefer to be close to the park but in a decent area

I'd get a hotel pretty much anywhere downtown in NW. I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt but their prices flucuate a lot. And for the nightlife its way too many choices to choose from, even if you don't have set plans you can wing something. What's your music preference?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

so where would you guys recommend getting a hotel?

Its a nice hotel right by the wharf and is down the street from the ball park op look into it and also its a skyline hotel right down the street from it walking distance 5 min walk 2 min run

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Its a nice hotel right by the wharf and is down the street from the ball park op look into it and also its a skyline hotel right down the street from it walking distance 5 min walk 2 min run

this sounds right up my alley; do you know the name?

It depends on how much you want to pay for a hotel.

If you are balling outrageous, then I would recommend Hotel Monaco which is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
which is downtown chinatown.
but that might be close to $700-1000 a night. The W hotel and the Marriot are also downtown.

You gotta tell us your price range homie.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I'd get a hotel pretty much anywhere downtown in NW. I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt but their prices flucuate a lot. And for the nightlife its way too many choices to choose from, even if you don't have set plans you can wing something. What's your music preference?
I can get down with whatever; I'm more a good bar type of person with good beer over clubs though 

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

this sounds right up my alley; do you know the name?

skyline hotel is the closer one and the other hotel ill find the name out and re post op

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The Courtyard Marriott which is walking distance to the ballpark, probably about 1/4 of a mile.  Nice area and nice hotel.  Any other questions you have about Nationals Park or the area just let me know.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasny-courtyard-washington-capitol-hill-navy-yard/
gooooood looks; that place looks nice and the price is good 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Courtyard Marriott which is walking distance to the ballpark, probably about 1/4 of a mile.  Nice area and nice hotel.  Any other questions you have about Nationals Park or the area just let me know.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasny-courtyard-washington-capitol-hill-navy-yard/
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No doubt.  Another great point about the Courtyard Marriott is that a metro station is right next to it as well so anyplace in downtown that I or other people are recommending to you, you can just walk to the metro and take the train to downtown or anywhere else nearby. 

As usual, Philly fans travel deep down here for games so I'm sure you'll feel right at home at Nationals Park.    

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No doubt.  Another great point about the Courtyard Marriott is that a metro station is right next to it as well so anyplace in downtown that I or other people are recommending to you, you can just walk to the metro and take the train to downtown or anywhere else nearby. 

As usual, Philly fans travel deep down here for games so I'm sure you'll feel right at home at Nationals Park.    

this is gonna be an expensive weekend, maybe I'll reconsider bringing the lady 
laugh.gif

Yeah we def roll deep; apparently Phillies fans plan to be in huge numbers after the Nats had that "take back the park" campaign 

You could also stay at National Harbor (MD) and take the water taxi to Nationals Park.

You could also hit up Barracks Row (not too far from nationals park)....great restaurants

good looks from all; gonna price check some of the recommendations

I won't even be in the hotel much so I'd rather stay cheaper and blow money while out and about...I already know this will be a $1000+ plus weekend trip

Don't listen to these dudes. Sure you can go downtown and get into lots of activities but the surrounding area near the stadium is undergoing massive redevelopment. The Yards is pretty dope, there are some places to eat/chill around there. Eastern Market isn't too far either and there is a whole strip of bars/restaurants there.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You could also stay at National Harbor (MD) and take the water taxi to Nationals Park.

You could also hit up Barracks Row (not too far from nationals park)....great restaurants

Didn't know you could take a water taxi from there
laugh.gif
I just knew about old town.

going down to see the Phillies play the Nats on May 5th for my buddies b-day
What is a good area to get a hotel?  is the area around the ballpark bad/good?  give me some recommendations on spots to hit up and a suggestion on where to stay

I prefer to be close to the park but in a decent area
The W hotel would be perfect for you. down the street from U st (Clubs and bar/lounges) The park at 14th is right down the street"This a club" and many more things. primetime location. You can catch the ttrain to Nationals Park. Very metro accessible

[url=http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasny-courtyard-washington-capitol-hill-navy-yard/]http://www.marriott.com/h...-capitol-hill-navy-yard/[/url]

Wow I was just about to post the same hotel. I have stayed there twice during Howard Homecoming weekend. It is very nice and close to the park. Its not expensive at all.

Back
Top Bottom