DC Snipers 10 years later

jbpkickz

Banned
was watching a documentary on it yesterday this october will make a decade, I didn't know it had been that long ago , I live in Baltimore and remember mom dukes wasnt tryna send me and my sister to school, ninjas was scared to buy gas, truly one of the most nerve racking experiences in my area

That was a truly scary time in the DMV. I remember pumping gas behind a tarp. :smh: One lady got killed less than 2 minutes from my parents house.

Snipers had a weird relationship also.

That was a truly scary time in the DMV. I remember pumping gas behind a tarp. :smh: One lady got killed less than 2 minutes from my parents house.

Snipers had a weird relationship also.
I remember everybody was on edge , people were driving with the visor facing the side , I remember when they found them in the caprice

Grew up in P.G (oxon Hill) and this was by far the craziest extended time period of my youth. Was in 9th grade when our principal came over the intercom and said a white box van has been going around shooting people in the area. The worst part is that dude said that the cops couldn't find them. We were in temporaries (trailer) classrooms and had to walk across the lot after he made that announcement :nerd: . Called my moms from the bathroom to make sure my sisters were still ok because they went to school in Montgomery Co which is were most of the killings happened that day. When they shot a kid at a middle school, on school grounds, 15 mins away from ours, we were shook. Nobody wanted to pump gas. The entire time I felt as if they were from the area because they never went to any bad neighborhoods. Crazy couple of weeks that was..

Between this and 9/11...the last two years of High School were wild in the DMV area. A lot of paranoia from local folks and this was before the instant updates of social media and technology really so it still had that word of mouth/local news feel to the story.

Had the whole area shook. I remember getting trapped on 395 after leaving from Pentagon City shopping one night when the snipers shot someone in Virginia.

Man I remember this in 7th grade. 9/11, anthrax, and the DC snipers. Man I thought terrorist were slowly gonna get everyone.

3 the shootings were in my area, 1 just blocks away from my high school (John F Kennedy), 1 on my school bus route in the morning, 1 near the post office I go to

I remember the day the bus driver was killed our school bus was en route to the school and got stuck when the police put up road blocks in the area, longest two hours ever :x

Not to mention that year I was riding public transportation so every day i had to wait for the bus to get to work I'd be ducking behind light poles every time a white van drove by :smh:

I remember everyone being on the lookout for a white van...and white vans were everywhere!
Crazy how time flies..back in the middle school days

I remember it all too. Being at the same gas station that was shot up   I was there only a week before it happened.

Grew up in P.G (oxon Hill) and this was by far the craziest extended time period of my youth. Was in 9th grade when our principal came over the intercom and said a white box van has been going around shooting people in the area. The worst part is that dude said that the cops couldn't find them. We were in temporaries (trailer) classrooms and had to walk across the lot after he made that announcement :nerd: . Called my moms from the bathroom to make sure my sisters were still ok because they went to school in Montgomery Co which is were most of the killings happened that day. When they shot a kid at a middle school, on school grounds, 15 mins away from ours, we were shook. Nobody wanted to pump gas. The entire time I felt as if they were from the area because they never went to any bad neighborhoods. Crazy couple of weeks that was..

Did you go to OHHS?? :wow: :wow:

10 years tho! :wow:

I was up in a Virginia for at Va Tech game the same day the person got shot at that steakhouse. We just happened to be back in Richmond that night, we were definitely shook.

Man I remember this in 7th grade. 9/11, anthrax, and the DC snipers. Man I thought terrorist were slowly gonna get everyone.
I forgot all bout anthrax :wow: I swear from like 5 th grade til 9th I thought we was gonna get murked

This whole ordeal was set-up to install even more fear and paranoia in the minds of Americans, to further justify the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Here's a black man, who's name was Muhammad. Going around fatally sniping and killing innocent people for no apparent reason or motive. They wanted gullible Americans to believe that any person named Muhammad - whether Arab, Black, Asian, etc. was fully capable of terrorizing this country. The timing and person(s) behind this whole situation was more sketchy then the actual sniping itself.

It was part of the plan going forward right after 9/11. Accuse someone name Muhammad, add some color to it, create fear/paranoia, put it on FoxNews, CNN, etc; get support from Americans to keep pushing the war until it rolls down an unstoppable hill to which there would be no point of return.

It also sidetracked people from understanding and opening up their eyes to what was really going on in the world at the time..

Don't be so gullible. Our country does not have it's citizens in it's best interest. The news can make one believe anything. There's literally no law preventing a news corp from lying or reporting fictional stories.

I would love to dig more into this whole ordeal, but I don't want to waste any more time dwelling on the past. I've argued and debated this 'DC Sniper' thing far too much in real life over the years.

Back
Top Bottom