DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Dolph Lundgren? That's so dope. :pimp:

Are all the old action stars going to get cast in CBM's now? Sly, Kurt, now Dolph. Who could Arnie, Bruce, Wesley, or JCVD play? :nerd:

Last edited:
I heard talks about Blade apparently having a daughter now or something. I don't follow the character, but if that's the case then there's no reason not to get her a film/show and sign Wesley on to reprise the role as Blade, but older.

I don't know how Blade got brought up in here but the whole Blade daughter thing has been stalled indiefinitely :lol:

You just mentioning it reminded me the book still has not dropped or a new creative team announced.

Last year Wesley did meet with Marvel about Blade and other stuff.

you dont know how blade was brought up in here? we had a whole 6 ******* pages of buffy the vampire slayer talk in here! :lol: nothing is off limits in here

The Blade's daughter comic sounded like a terrible idea to begin with. The synopsis was something like her dealing with juggling popularity in school. Sounded more like a CW teen drama. Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine are one thing, because there's a multitude of runs for them, but Blade barely gets any love as it is. He's one of the last characters that should get replaced.

Fans of Blade have been begging Marvel for him to get a new ongoing or at the very least, a 4-6 issue mini-series. Anything. I think the artist of the current Moon Knight run made a pitch for a new Midnight Sons comic. That would be clutch. Get Blade, the Nightstalkers, Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, Victoria Montessi, Morbius, and all of the supernatural heroes together again. (DC should bring back Justice League Dark too while we're at it.)

All I reacted to initially was I was getting more Blade and I wasn't digging the art much. I figured it was good for 12 issues before cancellation.

Thing is the writer left the book on his own cuz he felt a person of color should be writing the book. Then they announced a very dope artist was on the book and she posted like one image and that was that.

So Blade and basically a Buffy the vampire slayer daughter was cool with me.

What you described is basically Buffy btw :lol:

That was not a pitch for any comic. That was commissioned art for a fan. Artists usually do not pitch comics.

Isn't JL Dark back as Dark Universe? :nerd:

you dont know how blade was brought up in here? we had a whole 6 ******* pages of buffy the vampire slayer talk in here! :lol: nothing is off limits in here
I'm just talking about from what I've read last I was in here. Then Blade is the topic :lol:

Not much hype or new news so I can see why topics drift and go on tangents.

Last edited:
Either way. We're long overdue for a new Midnight Sons run. It would be sick to get one. :pimp:

There's no JLD comic right now. There's a Rebirth Hellblazer run right now. That's really it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new JLD comic down the line. They just had the animated movie and there's going to be a live action one.

I feel like it's one of those titles that Marvel put to rest and won't revive unless it gets a tv show or movie or one of the more prominent members gets a tv show or movie (like Defenders and I'm sure New Warriors and Cloak & Dagger are about to get).

And given the name if they did come back I can see Marvel letting them co-opt the name Dark Avengers so it's more inclusive and has name brand recognition. Probably make Strange lead the team.

Last edited:
The Buffy character never struggled with popularity. Always ran with a ragtag group of unpopular kids.

Blake's daughter having to deal with popularity and fighting vampires at the same time would be something new.

I'm not sure if I would ever read a comic run but if Whedon were to ever try to create a netflix show around a daughter of Blade, I'd watch.

^ LOL at the avatar change

Jays25 should hit you with the "That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it! My father made that shield!"

laugh.gif

Yea that d rose avy is retired for good. Lol

About what you're saying, Cap didn't have to give back his shield. His dad made it, not Tony. He only did it cuz he was a nice guy.

Last edited:
A "nice guy" who realized that he'd betrayed the memory of the man who he'd claimed was his friend, the person who originally made that shield for him. Hence Tony mentioning his father and not either himself or his mother when he brought up the shield. True, Cap didn't have to give back the shield in the same way that Tony didn't have to give the Avengers a facility to stay in at the end of AOU. Both are symbolic though.

I probably got a different view but Dolph is a **** actor and I usually associate him with trash movies.

Like even now, him being on Arrow makes sense cuz the show is ****.

Hope it's a small inconsequential role for Aquaman. Even though if you told me an Aquaman movie was being made I'd go with what I usually think of and think it's ****.

The Buffy character never struggled with popularity. Always ran with a ragtag group of unpopular kids.

Blake's daughter having to deal with popularity and fighting vampires at the same time would be something new.

I'm not sure if I would ever read a comic run but if Whedon were to ever try to create a netflix show around a daughter of Blade, I'd watch.
You're thinking about the tv show.

Buffy was a thing before that.

In the movie, she did struggle with maintaining it while being a slayer. Of course the movie ends up dovetailing hard in to the teenager coming of age killing vampires.

And if you go and read the description of the series it wasn't struggling with popularity but balancing that with suddenly being a vampire hunter and being trained by her dad. Its a direct copy of Buffy.

If you even focus on the Eyes on tv show, Buffy use to be the super popular blond it girl but then she moved to Sunnydale, became the slayer and got stuck being the got girl that chills in the library with losers and the creepy British librarian guy. Buffy didn't struggle with popularity cuz she ceded it away to Cordeilia unchallenged and she had basically grown up/matured to deal with stuff like falling in love with vampires with souls a d once she lost her virginity he turned in to an evil douchebag.

Last edited:
I remember watching BB for the first time like it was yesterday.

It was summer 2005 right when I graduated from 8th grade.

I went to see it with my girl. We purposely sat in the back part of the theater. She kept trying to play around/make out/touch mini-Slighted.

The Bruce/Batman duality/mask theme mirrored a lot of what I was going through (personal things). I ignored her/pushed her away and focused on the movie.

When Bruce talked to Rachel at the hotel ("all of this, this isn't me, I am more"), the words hit me hard.

Then when Bruce repeated her line as Batman (his "true face") ("It's not who I am underneath.."), I cried, fam. Tears ran down my face.

I was so inspired and moved that I smashed my girl at her rich mom's condo later that night and broke the headboard.

We broke up later that summer when she got upset that I dedicated almost all of my time mentoring little kids and trying to save the world.

Now whenever I hear that amazing Nolan Batman theme song, I'm so engulfed by passion and DGAF attitude (songs = Molossus from BB + Introduce a Little Anarchy from TDK).

Last edited:
Sorry sound mad soft talking about you cried hearing those lines as you stopped your gf from pleasuring you in the movie theater :lol:

Last edited:
Mam I never been a great multitasker but I'd try my damnest to enjoy the movie and my girlfriend at the same time. Unless it's the Infinity War movies. I need a hundred percent concentration for that :lol:

Call me gay if you want to :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom