DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

She looked very beta with that common street goon outsmarting and outmaneuvering her.

I only watched it once but kinda remember her being like a lovesick teenage girl wanting to impress batman.

That whole thing with the bad guy sorta being obssessed with Batgirl was also super weird now that you remind me :lol:

That was a creepy cliche in its own right.

Last edited:
If the joker didn't do anything to her that guy was going to. Has commissioner gordon ever addressed his daughter getting with batman in the comics? I would guess that would create some awkwardness in their working relationship. Does he even know she was batgirl?

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
finally read court of owls. it was really good. hope its made a movie by nolan :smokin . i like the court of owls incorporation on gotham :\

Yeah, it's a solid story arc, glad you enjoyed it. I've seen a number of people claim it's one of their favorite Batman stoies of all time.
I like Damian, unlike some folks.. only one I wasn't feeling was emerald knights

Killing joke was bad.. wasn't feeling the batman movie that was a couple different styles, only liked the deadshot one

Damian's just fine, after he goes through the character development from working as Robin under **** Grayson and later Bruce Wayne. In the early days, however, the days depicted in Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin, he's trash, just like both of those movies were.

I enjoyed Emerald Knights. Not as good as Green Lantern First Flight, which I thought was great, but definitely good. It reminded me of a number of GL stories i've read in which the writers really just tell you the different stories the group has recorded over the centuries featuring a number of different Lanterns.

Only part of Killing Joke that I didn't enjoy in all honesty was Batman and Batgirl ******* on a rooftop, Barbara assaulting a random dude that was arguing with his girlfriend, and really that entire subplot Bruce Timm threw in before the main event. The purpose of that, as I understand it, was to give Barbara Gordon some shine as Batgirl at her peak, so that fans would just see her getting gunned down and crippled as part of Batman's story, since that's been a very real complaint of the original comic for years now. Timm ****** it up by throwing in the sexual relationship though.

The final one you're referring to is Batman Gotham Knight, with the different art styles, which I think is interesting for the different styles, but not great.

definitely enjoyed the story arc. just got into reading comics. next is hush.

IATT IATT killing joke didnt translate well into animated movie. i liked parts of it but it fell short overall.

I think it could have, theoretically.. focus on the whole 1 bad day thing.. tell the jokers story and have him attack Gordon in the same manner

No need to show her as some sort of jilted lover or any of that other unnecessary stuff.. just show her and bats going on about their regular nightly work

There's enough for a very solid movie.. what made joker.. the breaking down of Gordon.. Gordon finding out his daughter is batgirl and impact that has on Gordon and bats relationship.. some more of the Jason Todd element, with bats having to deal outcome of what joker does to Gordon and batgirl

Last edited:
Yeah, it could've been better if they stuck to the script. All of that extra new **** just stuck out like a sore thumb.

They should've focused way more on Gordon going mad but the Joker ultimately being wrong.

One thing the Joker never realized is if he had actually Barbra things would end differently.

If the joker didn't do anything to her that guy was going to. Has commissioner gordon ever addressed his daughter getting with batman in the comics? I would guess that would create some awkwardness in their working relationship. Does he even know she was batgirl?

They've never been together in the comics, so no. It's been hinted at over the years that he's aware she's Batgirl and that he knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, but that he doesn't acknowledge it for a variety of reasons. The Injustice comics, in which he was dying from cancer and Superman was taking over the world, had him outright acknowledge both.

IATT IATT killing joke didnt translate well into animated movie. i liked parts of it but it fell short overall.

Personally, I think Hush is trash, but a number of people enjoy it.

The real shame with Killing Joke is that it was ruined by a crappy addition to it. Similar to comics like The Dark Knight Returns or Batman Year One, everything you really need for the story itself is already there in the comic.

They've never been together in the comics, so no. It's been hinted at over the years that he's aware she's Batgirl and that he knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, but that he doesn't acknowledge it for a variety of reasons. The Injustice comics, in which he was dying from cancer and Superman was taking over the world, had him outright acknowledge both.

The real shame with Killing Joke is that it was ruined by a crappy addition to it. Similar to comics like The Dark Knight Returns or Batman Year One, everything you really need for the story itself is already there in the comic.

any suggestions on bats comics? making a 'to read list' based on recommendations.

I like Emerald Knights too. Don't know if it has anything to do with getting Arisia in there, but it doesn't hurt. I want to see them make a GL animated flick with the four Earth Lanterns. (Don't eem bother correcting me.) Just a dope cosmic epic with Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle in the middle of the universe. Or they could, you know, maybe adapt Sinestro Corps War into an animated movie...

any suggestions on bats comics? making a 'to read list' based on recommendations.

Knightfall, Prey, Birth of the Demon (Get the right collection and it'll collect 3 stories: Son of the Demon, Bride of the Demon, and Birth of the Demon), The Cult, Tales of the Demon, Under the Hood, Gothic. There are a number of collections that collect different comics written or drawn by certain writers/arists. Some of those that'd i'd suggest include Batman by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones Vol 1 and Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle Vol 1. You're actually in luck, since DC has been making an effort to collect a number of out of print Batman stories (And stories for numerous other characters) in new volumes over the past few years, so access to a lot of his older stories is much easier than it used to be.

Reactions: sb
Not sure if it has been mentioned but  check out "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" if you want a trippy, surreal kind of Batman story.

Knightfall, Prey, Birth of the Demon (Get the right collection and it'll collect 3 stories: Son of the Demon, Bride of the Demon, and Birth of the Demon), The Cult, Tales of the Demon, Under the Hood, Gothic. There are a number of collections that collect different comics written or drawn by certain writers/arists. Some of those that'd i'd suggest include Batman by Doug Moench and Kelley Jones Vol 1 and Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle Vol 1. You're actually in luck, since DC has been making an effort to collect a number of out of print Batman stories (And stories for numerous other characters) in new volumes over the past few years, so access to a lot of his older stories is much easier than it used to be.

nice. thanks for the recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom