DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

One day I will rise from the ashes and destroy the /8 system that has plagued the review.
tenor.gif

What's this I'm hearing about WB mandating that it be under 2 hours? You're introducing 3 new heroes and a new villain while trying to set up a bigger bad and
bringing back supes
and not even going for 150 minute run time???

It's like they're trying to not give fans what they want...

Response to BVS being long. Couple aspects of this film is in response to what came before

Emergency Awesome guy said 30 minutes of the film was cut, and the ending was reshot.

Wow, every review is trashing it now :lol:

Before the stuff I was reading was 50/50. This is more like it has some good parts but the villain sucks and so does most of the plot.

Seems like Whedon is gonna get some of that Snyder trash reputation rubbed on him rather than the other way around.

wait, he's a DC fan and posts that he hopes JL doesn't suck so that means DC has conditioned their fans to associate their films with potential failure?

wtf kind of logic is this? :rofl: sometimes it really makes me wonder if you ever read what you post

you're pretty much saying that anyone who says "I hope fill in the blank doesn't suck" means they are conditioned for failure?????
I totally got what he's saying.

For a comparison example, I can't see a Marvel fan saying I hope Infinity War doesn't suck :lol: Quite the opposite, more like how great will IW be or BP or w/e Marcel flick.

Its the lack of optimism in the statement that indicates the low expectations and conditioning to expect the worst from the DCEU.

Last edited:
DC has put way too much into this universe to blow it up now, their going to ride it out till the wheels fall off and in the process ruin some careers

WB was clearly trying to keep the the negative reviews out the public for as long as they could. The fact that the positive reviews even sounded iffy was the biggest tip off.

The film has leaked online. I watched Superman’s whole resurrection scene and even with the quality of the device it was filmed on the CGI problems were glaring which is crazy being that that is probably the main scene of the film. I’ll say that the reactions to the CGI are a bit overblown but the fact that there’s CGI problems in a film of this caliber to begin with warrant the overreactions. The dialogue as well :smh: The color gradient is constantly changing in scenes as well which give you a clear view on which scenes were from the original shooting i.e. Snyder’s and which scene were reshot i.e. Whedon. It’s quite jarring to think that WB let this film release like this.

On second thought, they may copy what Fox did with Jackman and Wolverine, just put Gadot in all the team ups and give 2 or 3 solo flicks before recasting her. Movies dont have to be good just look nice and inspire little girls world wide. All they can do at this point

I'ma catch it Thursday. At this point, I expect the DC reviews to be exaggerated but they really did this to themselves by being so impatient with the universe and putting this stuff in the wrong hands. They were way too worried about Marvel and the Avengers.

It's wild cause the animated universe gives them a PERFECT blueprint for everything. You really gotta go out of your way to screw up. Even CW succeeded.

Their tv shows have turned to garbage too. My brother is watching it tomorrow. He liked bvs but hates suicide squad. I’m guessing he’ll like jl.

I'ma catch it Thursday. At this point, I expect the DC reviews to be exaggerated but they really did this to themselves by being so impatient with the universe and putting this stuff in the wrong hands. They were way too worried about Marvel and the Avengers.

It's wild cause the animated universe gives them a PERFECT blueprint for everything. You really gotta go out of your way to screw up. Even CW succeeded.
We needed this
Justiceleaguetimmartpromo.jpg

Then eventually we would of gotten this
justice-league-unlimited-149795.jpg

The blueprint was made 8+ years ago, no idea why they ignored this

according to reviews, the heroes were done right

story and cgi are bad
What was continually repeated is that the team interaction was good and fun. They all have their moments.

But I knew once they cast Momoa they were not going to be that faithful to comic or animated material :lol:

I also gotta ask is Miller's Flash a forensics investigator? Cuz he just seems like a young kid out of his depth following the older heroes a la Spidey.

every character seems to be liked though outside of.... you guessed it... Cyborg where people are divided

I've seen from "he's impressive and the character had weight" to "he just pushed buttons in the film"

and man I am huge DC supporter as yall know but come on DC, why you sending this fan reactions on my email to promote the film :rofl:

and I guess picking all women reviews is to get that women viewers from WW
jl reviews.jpg

Back
Top Bottom