DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I didn't want to see this but my 13 yr old was geeked about seeing this so I had to go... I was planning on taking a good nap but to my surprise it was a serviceable Saturday afternoon popcorn action flick.

My criticisms via hot takes doe...

I hate Affleck as Batman, I hate the way his tech looks, & I hate the costume. Why does Ben use a different voice when he's Bruce Wayne? It sounds so forced like a dubbed kung fu flick voice.

The fx is terrible doe... I mean woefully bad. I felt like this was basically an animated movie. This flick will age terribly. I'm not even sure any of the actors were actually in any of the action scenes. They look like they were all fully animated especially all the Batman fight scenes. I got Rogue One on right now & the FX looked believable where as JS does not.

Flash didn't even look like he was running. It looked like a side ways jumping jack motion or some step & fetch it dance routine during Hollywood's overtly racist era. I liked how the FX team did Quicksilver's power in that one Xmen movie from a short while ago. The way the fx team did Flash in this movie was awful...

Wonder Woman is one of the best super hero characters to ever grace the silver screen... Aquaman was cool. I just hope they don't screw up his stand along movie. Please please please write a good script & everything will fall into place. Cyborg was cool to.
I agree with the Wonder Woman quote. She does an exceptional job. I’m curious to know who did the VFX for the film. Honestly it’s on par with SyFy channel which isn’t good. How the hell did this get the green light?

I think warner bros got some tech frat at Stanford or MIT to do the fx on the fly between term papers with the promise of free tacos, pizza, & free tech...

Just got back from seeing it...Full theater with applause at the end...

Genuinely liked it...It’s far better than the mess Batman v Superman turned out to be...

Most importantly they FINALLY got Superman’s character right...Makes me excited to see his next stand alone film...

I will say the FX was fairly bad...

Watching the movie you can tell what’s Snyder’s and what’s Whedon’s...Some of its actually very jarring...The early scene where Bruce is talking with Arthur walking outside super obvious cuts between directors...

I’d say the majority of the movie was Whedon’s re-shoots...Almost every time Superman / Clark was on the screen you could tell it was a CGI mustache removal shot...They must have literally re-filmed all the Superman stuff, which tells me Snyder STILL didn’t get him right...

FX stuff is bad because they had what, a couple months max, to get this thing ready for the theater...

Meh, 4.8/8. It was like the worst parts of AOU and Apocalypse combined but slightly more enjoyable. Not a mess like BvS, but not the film the JL deserves.

Won't get into too much nitpicking, as it's pointless at this stage with DC, but the most glaring misstep was the villain. Another pointless, soulless, motivation-less pontificating villain who wants to destroy the world with a disposable army. A cgi mess, can't remember any lines or anything from that flashy *** end fight scene.

Flash was also trash, seems like they really intended for him to be on the spectrum. Every single line he had was a forced corny joke.

Confused, OP Supes was pretty good, WW was good, I'll watch Gal in anything. I seriously want to lick her butthole, and that ain't even something I'm interested in.

Kids and of course the the usual Fanboys will love this, everyone else will be split. I don't have much more interest in this universe as it is though. Actually I'll stick around to see what this can be without Snyder.

Last edited:
I agree with the Wonder Woman quote. She does an exceptional job. I’m curious to know who did the VFX for the film. Honestly it’s on par with SyFy channel which isn’t good. How the hell did this get the green light?

Honestly I thought vfx would be the one thing they'd get right

After all, they had a 300 mil budget apparently

I still can’t get over the whole Flash and Cyborg digging up Superman’s grave like some old cartoon thugs. You have billionaire Bruce Wayne for plot devices like that. He could have easily had him already out his grave or a better way of getting him out. When Kevin Costner’s role in this “trilogy” got reduced to a zoom in on a photo I literally threw my hands up. This movie dog :smh: I can’t believe it

Didn't really like the resurrection storyline at all, it was pretty weird. Dudes dug up a grave to use a magic box to resurrect someone, that's borderline horror.

Just watched that Collider Spoiler Review and they brought up an interesting point from BvS:

When Bats has the KnightMare sequence and Flash tells him Lois is the key and he gotta find Lois. Then when Supes is bout to wash the entire JL, he finds Lois :wow::pimp:

I actually really enjoyed it. My only gripe was having Martha and Lois in it. To me, their character interactions were so boring. Every time they popped up the movie slowed down. Especially compared to the interactions of the team.

Also Henry's cgi lip

Meh, 4.8/8. It was like the worst parts of AOU and Apocalypse combined but slightly more enjoyable. Not a mess like BvS, but not the film the JL deserves.

Won't get into too much nitpicking, as it's pointless at this stage with DC, but the most glaring misstep was the villain. Another pointless, soulless, motivation-less pontificating villain who wants to destroy the world with a disposable army. A cgi mess, can't remember any lines or anything from that flashy *** end fight scene.

Flash was also trash, seems like they really intended for him to be on the spectrum. Every single line he had was a forced corny joke.

Confused, OP Supes was pretty good, WW was good, I'll watch Gal in anything. I seriously want to lick her butthole, and that ain't even something I'm interested in.

Kids and of course the the usual Fanboys will love this, everyone else will be split. I don't have much more interest in this universe as it is though. Actually I'll stick around to see what this can be without Snyder.

It was at this point where the review got interesting :lol:

For all you Snyder lovers...
IMG_3115.PNG

they are stupid. as if we didnt get uncut versions of bvs and ss. its coming just have to be patient

Didn't even know their was an uncut SS movie. I've tried to distance myself from that as much as I can since the theatrical release date...

The ****s that weren’t given were so huge it’s hilarious. The bottom 2 pics of Ben Affleck are literally the funniest **** of all time. Like Ben clearly put on alcohol weight in between reshoots. They didn’t even try to use the same hairpiece on him. My jaw was literally on the floor in the theater and by the time the scene with Clark in the cornfield with Lois came on screen I almost passed out. You could see pieces of green screen on the hairs of Henry Cavill’s arm :smh: Just unbelievable.

6B18562E-903A-46FB-8428-F719062063A6.jpeg

Yeah it was very easy to spot the Whedon vs Snyder shots...Snyder scenes were few and far between...

I’m telling y’all they reshot the majority of the movie and had to rush through CGI just to get it out in time...

This is probably why the run time was so short too...They physically didn’t have time to work the movie for a longer cut...

Snyder’s cut was probably a nonsensical mess but I bet it looked good...Whedon’s cut had a workable arc but looked horrendous...

Jason Momoa seems like hes really having the time of his life

JL coulda made $0 and hed probably still be the happiest man on earth

He’s got Lisa Bonet and Amber Heard asking him how he likes his eggs in the morning. Other than being the most pointless hero in his recent film he should be very happy

Back
Top Bottom