DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

i guess letos out...?

SUICIDE SQUAD 2: Here's Why We Can Probably Forget About Jared Leto Returning As The Joker

Earlier this week, we learned that Warner Bros. has snapped up Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn to write and direct Suicide Squad 2 and while we've since heard that he's planning a totally new take on the franchise, what isn't clear is whether or not the original cast will return or if the filmmaker will start from scratch. Either way, we can probably forget about seeing Jared Leto's Joker again.

In 2015, Gunn went on what he described as an "Ambien-fuelled Periscope session" in which he reportedly made a number of derogatory comments about the actor, including insinuating that the Oscar-winner sleeps with underage girls. He's also alluded to that on social media and in a deleted 2012 Tweet, Gunn said: "Driving home from Vegas trading stories about what a **** Jared Leto is."

Needless to say, it's hard to imagine Leto wanting to work with Gunn and vice versa.

Wow Gunn :rofl: Son is now letting his social media presence effect being a professional.

I thought Leto would be out for other reasons (deciding to do Morbius, his Joker being trash) but the new director/writer ****ting on him is unexpected.

I do wonder ifnthosw rumors of Leto's solo Joker movie will persist.

Would not mind a soft reboot of SS with Gunn running ****. I feel like he might low-key offend Ayer too when he acts like none of that trash in SS happened :lol:

I'd be so hype if I got something closer to the animated SS movie featuring Batman.

Irony....The universe we live in is very weird...very weird....

View attachment 2191597
Well I mean hey, Ayer directing, Will Smith and Margot with Viola Davis as Waller. I'd look forward to that more than BvS and WW. More of an unknown.

Other than that, you misread the post... Mentioned Suicide Squad back in 2015 and now he's apart of it... Irony
No I got that.

Its why I talked about the expectations of them at movie at that time. The tweet wouldn't make much sense of he posted it recently :lol:

The irony just didn't really strike me as something to comment on.
No way??? Leto left all that money on the table???
How much money?

And why do you think Lego left money in the table? He can't force Gunn to write Joker in to the sequel :lol:

He knows that joker is trash. Run while you can and pretend it never happened. They need to reboot SS immediately. Scrap it all

He knows that joker is trash. Run while you can and pretend it never happened. They need to reboot SS immediately. Scrap it all

Agreed, DC is likely giving Gunn full creative control.
:lol: at Gunn's comments about Leto

That underage girls thing has been going around for a while now

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Agreed, DC is likely giving Gunn full creative control.
:lol: at Gunn's comments about Leto

That underage girls thing has been going around for a while now

Capture.PNG

I'm definetly NOT ok with that. DC needs to set a direction and let their directors steer within those parameters.

DC Officially Confirms That James Gunn Is Writing "A Completely Fresh Take" On SUICIDE SQUAD 2

The latest episode of DC Daily has confirmed that Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn has indeed jumped ship from Marvel to DC, and will pen the script for Suicide Squad 2. There's no mention of the possibility of him helming the sequel, however.

Seemingly gelling with rumors that the follow-up to David Ayer's divisive supervillain team-up flick will actually be a reboot of sorts, the report also states that Gunn will deliver "a completely fresh take to the franchise" - although this probably just means that he'll be taking things in a different direction with a brand new story rather than completely rebooting with a new cast etc.

Original director Gavin O'Conner and screenwriters Todd Stashwick and David Bar Katz had delivered a finished script, but unfortunately for them the plot turned out to be too similar to Cathy Yan's pitch for Birds of Prey.

It remains to be seen what Gunn has in store for Task Force X, but it should be an interesting take at the very least.

i didn't know Titans were gon' be on RT but 75% so far (for the first 3 episodes at least)

Titans Robin more brutal than Snyder Batman
:lol:

I saw an article title somewhere like How many bad guys does Robin actually kill in Titans episode 1? :lol:

I was like Damn which Robin is this? Damien? Cuz even Jason wasn't a killer then.

Didn't know Titans was out either or that the DC streaming thing was up and running.

Titans first ep not bad. Star fire is as cringeworthy as we thought she'd be to me this far, Hopefully it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom