DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Yeah, Will Smith as Deadshot did nothing for me. Can’t say I’m upset or happy about it.

Recast or replace. I really don’t care, just let Gunn do his thing.

Will Smith Will Not Return As Deadshot In James Gunn’s ‘Suicide Squad 2’

ss-10884.jpg

Warner Bros.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/suicide-squad-2-will-smith-not-returning-1202566772/

Deadline has confirmed that Will Smith will not reprise his role as Deadshoot inWarner Bros.’ James Gunn-directed Suicide Squad 2.

Word is that Smith’s exit was amicable, he wasn’t officially set to do the sequel, and it came down to scheduling in regards to his backing out. Deadline hears that Gunn is looking to start production in Atlanta in September. No cast is set as of yet, but the plan here is to, of course, have Margot Robbie return in the signature role of Harley Quinn. She’s already reprising the Joker’s girlfriend in Cathy Yan’s Birds of Prey which is slated to open on Feb. 7, 2020.

The release date for the sequel is Aug. 6, 2021. The first movie grossed $746.8M worldwide, 44% of that made in U.S./Canada.

Variety first had the news.

Well SS2 better be some of Gunn's best work or this movie will take a hit in the box office with no Will Smith.

His presence is one of the reasons it sold so well out of the gate.

Scheduling conflicts though. I wonder if he's trying to pop up in a Marvel or SW movie next :lol:

Last edited:
Well SS2 better be some of Gunn'w best work or this movie will take a bit in the box office with no Will Smith.

His presence is one of the reasons it sold so well out of the gate.

Scheduling conflicts though. I wonder if he's trying to pop up in a Marvel or SW movie next :lol:
Haaaa!! Ol Mousey got Billy by the willy......
O **#& it! I mean to say Disney already got my boy.
If you're reading this, it's too late.

Kevin Tsujihara Confirms DC Movies Will Be Mostly Standalone Moving Forward And Teases Plans For Superman

Warner Bros. boss Kevin Tsujihara has confirmed that the strategy at the studio has changed and standalone stories are the plan moving forward, as opposed to something similar to what we see in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"The upcoming slate, with Shazam, Joker, Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey, feels like we’re on the right track," he explains. "We have the right people in the right jobs working on it."

"The universe isn’t as connected as we thought it was going to be five years ago. You’re seeing much more focus on individual experiences around individual characters. That’s not to say we won’t at some point come back to that notion of a more connected universe. But it feels like that’s the right strategy for us right now."

"What Patty Jenkins did on Wonder Woman illustrated to us what you could do with these characters who are not Batman and Superman. Obviously, we want to get those two in the right place, and we want strong movies around Batman and Superman. But Aquaman is a perfect example of what we can do. They’re each unique and the tone’s different in each movie."

Dude is an A-lister (apparently, though undeservedly if you ask me), but sheer fact that he'd signed up for Alladin should've been the clue..

Will Smith isn't an A-lister?

He is a bona fide movie star.
Terrible actor if you ask me. Like i said; undeservedly imo.
So many fresh knew faces that ain't been passed around.
Heck, Denzel's kid from that kkk flick. See, somebody better scoop him up.

Marvel not giving Strange to Depp is still the biggest freebie they’ve missed. Like that role was PERFECT for Depp

Well, Daniel Day-Lewis but that’s from back in the day :lol: :nthat:

I mean, don't think we're hatin.. I wanted him to be good in SS and for the most part he was, movie was just terrible

I really wish Tarantino went back to him for his upcoming movie with Leo and brad

Back
Top Bottom