DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Will it be lame if they make the eyes white like the cartoon for the costume? Something like Deadpool? Maybe only when he’s in The shadows

No new villains?

tenor.gif
Probably the more disappointing thing about it.

Spider-Man and Batman have the best rogues gallery. I really liked that through 2 reboots they haven't repeated a single Spidey villain and got like 5 more good ones to do.

It's been said Batman hasnt gone through many reboots but to me it's been like 4 or 5 and we've seen 2 Joker's, 2 Banes, 2 Two-Faces, 2 Catwomen, and almost 2 Scarecrows. With this news especially if true it'll be 3 Catwomen and 2 Penguins.

If the news of including Penguin and Catwoman are true, I'd say it's partly due to them (the studio) not wanting to take a risk with a more obscure villain? With a new director, new Batman, and a new continuity (maybe?); the probably want to go with something more recognizable for the general public.

As corny and over the top as Mr. Freeze was portrayed in "Batman and Robin",, the elements were there to make for a compelling villain. Same with Clayface, like you mentioned with his backstory and the potential great visuals.

But I think the thing we're overlooking is what sort of tone and reality Reeves will approach the film with. Is he going for semi-grounded Nolan feel? Is he looking to continue the established DCEU comic book-y vibe? Or maybe go another direction altogether?

Im actually looking forward to Roberts take on Bats...this all reminds me a lot of the Heath backlash and i really do think he will surprise most people

This is the boat I’m on. Sometimes a certain role can bring out the best in someone.. As long as we don’t have affleck I’m good.

The white eyes should’ve happened YEARS ago. At least with Batfleck. They tried to compromise with the armored suit but it was a cop out. If they’re smart this go round, they’ll actually do it to give Pattinson any edge in looking intimidating under the cowl. Also I’m not 100% sure about the Catwoman news but the Penguin news is probably confirmed because Josh Gad has been teasing he got the role of Penguin since Affleck was doing his script.

Definitely need the white eyes. It’s just smarter.

Actually seem like he has tech in his suit.
Seeing a guy with mascara is not the goods.

THE BATMAN Will Feature As Many As Six Villains, Including Catwoman And The Penguin

In a new story from The Hollywood Reporter, it's said that while Robert Pattinson may still be the frontrunner for the role of Bruce Wayne in The Batman, it's not a done deal and an entire "vetting process" is currently underway, including screen tests, costume tests, readings, and more.

Should the actor not look right in the suit, he won't get the role.

The trade adds that that Matt Reeves is actually still writing the screenplay and one source tells them that it includes as many as six villains!

“This all looks like heath back lash” :rofl: yeah because Nolan, a proven visionary, is behind all this and DC makes great decisions right? This looks like lex, flash and emo joker casting

“This all looks like heath back lash” :rofl: yeah because Nolan, a proven visionary, is behind all this and DC makes great decisions right? This looks like lex, flash and emo joker casting
Same Nolan got the dude in lead of his next major project!
So clearly he knows something that we don't. But, like dude up top said; ongoing test-screening. Ain't none set in stone yet.
I personally think Batfleck was the next great coming; who caved under the pressure of the BvS backlash, his stinct in rehab, cheating on the wife...dude was a PR nightmare tbh.
Would've preferred an Old Man Logan approach as well:
Rated R, Thomas Wayne; Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

I'm glad you think your daddy Nolan is a "proven visionary" because he also casted Pattinson as the lead in his latest project :pimp:

WB is gonna fold on officially casting Pattinson. Regardless of his acting chops, it’s risky. And this is the LAST franchise they should take a risk with in terms of the DCEU. There’s been enough nonsense. Just give it to Armie and start production already.

I don't want another Batman film right now unless it's a Batman Beyond. But I don't think when they start filming he'll be there they'll probably settle on someone else. It feels like they can't get things right. There is such a backlash of criticism so who knows if they go through it.

WB is gonna fold on officially casting Pattinson. Regardless of his acting chops, it’s risky. And this is the LAST franchise they should take a risk with in terms of the DCEU. There’s been enough nonsense. Just give it to Armie and start production already.
so you’re saying they should play it safe? I’m sorry didn’t most of y’all complain about a certain franchise playing it safe with the force awakens. Might as well cast the joker and start from the beginning with his parents dying if you want to play it safe. Origin story here we go.

Where have you read Pattinson is the lead?

All I see is him joining John David Washington along with Debicki in the movie.

The original report indicated that all three are co-starring

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/elizabeth-debicki-robert-pattinson-christopher-nolan-1203168128/

We cant really **** on Reeves for casting Pattinson and then have crickets for Nolan casting him to co-star in what's rumored to be a huge action movie, which according to Pattinson, is as long as "three movies"

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...her-nolan-next-film-is-the-length-of-3-movies

Back
Top Bottom