DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Wish the movie was more like the last 30 instead of everything before it.

A sequel has potential to be nuts tho

The problem with a sequel is that it kind of messes with their ambiguous, King of Comedy esque ending. I also don't see this Joker having such a successful, long term run. By the time Bruce is Batman age, Joker will probably be too old. Unless they do some goofy Gotham **** and have a 15 year old proto-Batman.

The problem with a sequel is that it kind of messes with their ambiguous, King of Comedy esque ending. I also don't see this Joker having such a successful, long term run. By the time Bruce is Batman age, Joker will probably be too old. Unless they do some goofy Gotham **** and have a 15 year old proto-Batman.
There's always comic pseudo-retcon cop outs like the Joker is immortal or there are and always has been 3 Jokers (Napier, Fleck, some other guy).

Yeah joker is 30+ and Bruce is like 10 in this movie

Trying remember what other superhero movie or cbm movie where we really only see the hero be that thing in the last 10-20 mins of the movie

Batman begins how long was he in the suit?

Wasn’t the one I was thinking of.. but yea it is basically Batman year one ish

Thinking of something where it could have been an original character but only the ending part really ties it into being that thing

Wasn’t the one I was thinking of.. but yea it is basically Batman year one ish

Thinking of something where it could have been an original character but only the ending part really ties it into being that thing
What about Unbreakable? We only see Bruce Willis's character become who he's supposed to be at the end of the movie

Setting a new high for the month of October, the Warner Bros. film raked in $93.5 million domestically and $140.5 million overseas for a global start of $234 million.

Biggest October Domestic Opening of All Time
The previous best was Sony's superhero pic Venom, which launched on the same weekend in 2018 with $80.3 million. The success of Venom — rated PG-13 — no doubt was a factor when Warners was dating Joker, which also scored a record opening day for the month of October ($39.7 million).
Biggest October Foreign Opening of All Time
Venom was the previous champ with $127.2 million.
Joker exceeded all expectations internationally, including scoring the top opening of all time for a Warners pic in South Korea ($16.3 million). In the Asia region overall, it boasted the fourth biggest of all time for a Warners movie, including Japan ($7 million).
The pic scored the biggest October debut of all time in 21 markets across the globe, including Mexico ($13.1 million) — where it was also the second-biggest opening ever for a DC-related film behind Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — Australia ($6.6 million) and Brazil ($7.3 million). And in 39 markets, the movie delivered the studio its biggest opening of the year to date, including the U.K. ($14.8 million) and Russia ($10 million),
Biggest Imax October Opening
The large-format exhibitor generated $9 million in ticket sales.
Biggest Worldwide Launch of All Time for October
Joker raced past Venom's $207.3 million global debut.
A Career-Best Start for Todd Phillips
The filmmaker's previous biggest opening belonged to The Hangover Part II in 2011 ($85.9 million). In 2009, The Hangover debuted to $45 million, while the third Hangover launched with $41.7 million in 2013. War Dogs, his last film prior to Joker, opened to a disappointing $14.7 million in 2016.
A Career-Best Start for Joaquin Phoenix
His previous biggest domestic debut belonged to M. Night Shymalan's Signs in 2002 ($60.1 million).
A Career-Best Start for Co-Star Robert De Niro
The actor's previous biggest live-action debut was Meet the Fockers in 2004 ($46.1 million).
Fourth-Best Weekend Opening for an R-Rated Pic
Topping the list is Deadpool ($132.4 million), followed by Deadpool 2 ($125.5 million), It ($123.4 million) and then Joker. Rounding out the top five are 2003's The Matrix Reloaded ($91.8 million) and It: Chapter Two, which debuted last month to $91.1 million.
Warner Bros.' Biggest Domestic Opening in Two Years
In September 2017, It debuted to $123.4 million, followed by $93.8 million for Justice League in November of that year. Generally speaking, the studio has had a rough year so far, outside of Joker, It: Chapter Two and Annabelle Comes Home.
Widest October Release of All Time in North America
Joker rolled out in 4,374 theaters, supplanting Venom (4,350 locations).

There's always comic pseudo-retcon cop outs like the Joker is immortal or there are and always has been 3 Jokers (Napier, Fleck, some other guy).

As I think more about the ending, I wonder about what's real and what role does time play in all of this? Could be that most of the movie takes place in the past until the very end. And Joker remembers things differently than how it happened, remembers himself differently. A person with his type of afflictions, he might see himself more grotesque than he actually was. So the emaciated Joker we see in the movie, is a false memory itself. The Joker at the very end of the movie might be living at a time when Batman is around. Could be that Batman put him there. Maybe he's around Batman's age. I think that's more plausible than some of those retcons.

I went in not expecting much action because A it’s an origin story and B all signs told me the story would be more drama than action. The Jokers strength has always been the psychological games, not to mention movie snobs still scoff at special effects.

I just don’t know about this movie man. I feel like I’m in the Matrix. It’s like I’m supposed to like it but I don’t. And the reasons are obvious in my opinion. Where was the anarchy? Something needed to blow up. There should’ve been more chaos. I felt like everything Joker did was kind of in the moment. “Do I look like a guy with a plan?” YES. That’s what made the portrayal so special 11ish years ago. A journal with no plans in it lol. Jokes in it I’ll take though. Speaking of which, the laugh. It’s supposed to be during uncomfortable moments right? He seemed pretty uncomfortable after killing the yuppies on the train. The scene could have used some Joker laughter, right? When he kills Murray? Thought the movie would take it THERE and have him take aim at randoms in the audience as well, especially after the “mentally ill, society doesn’t care get what you deserve” line. Why so heavy handed (Heath Ledger voice) :lol: This movie is not bad. I won’t call it that. But OVERRATED......easily.
It's ok bro, you don't have to like something that didn't go with your taste. All good. A lot of your comments above are personal preferences
and that's fine. I think you possibly expected it to be one thing and they gave you another type thing?
The great thing about this is, we can always rewatch Dark Knight to see Heath's Joker and we can also
access this new one. Too bad you can't enjoy both but maybe give it time and let it marinate. But like I said,
it's okay not to like it :lol:
Movies are a very personal thing, if it hits it hits.

That repeated every dc film scene only works if theres a sequel.

Movie was aight. 8/10

Ledger better, we havent even see Joker only glimpse just Fleck.

pretty much agree lame. It would of been to just see him laugh when he kills DeNiro. I get it’s an ‘origin’ film but damn, damn near any other origins have the super hero in their persona by at least the middle act :lol:

i feel like they try to much with Arthur, It would of been dope to see him as just a regular guy and just have terrible luck and just finally break down to insanity.

Besides him laughing at awkward moments what made him so weird to be around from the perspective of his coworkers? If anything he was a really nice guy.

Again, this is a common thing after watching the movie. DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING at face value because
we're seeing things from Arthur's perspective. He might think that he's a nice guy, but we don't really know
how he ACTUALLY interacted with people. But if the neighbor was scared of him, you can only imagine how
he acted around her, following her around Gotham and all.

Different character but he did a great job. I feel like he got more power faster than Heath’s Joker, with way less moves.
agreed. he simply killed
3 rich guys and a tv host
and basically got
control of the working class etc and everyone was rioting.
classic joker mayhem. it was mostly a crazy manipulation through a concerted chaos. crazy. and to think that he's barely begun.

Back
Top Bottom