DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

REPORT: Joker Sequel With Joaquin Phoenix Expected to Begin Filming Next Year

Joaquin Phoenix's Clown Prince of Crime could return to the big screen sometime in the near future, with one report claiming that production is moving forward on a sequel to 2019's Joker.

Phoenix will supposedly reprise his role as the criminal comedian Arthur Fleck/Joker in the upcoming sequel alongside returning co-writer and director Todd Phillips. Warner Bros. has reportedly received the first draft of the film's script, according to an industry insider via Heroic Hollywood, with the studio set to begin shooting the sequel sometime in 2023. Further details regarding plot information as well as other new and returning characters are currently being kept tightly under wraps.

hh.jpg

j.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix's Clown Prince of Crime could return to the big screen sometime in the near future, with one report claiming that production is moving forward on a sequel to 2019's Joker.

Phoenix will supposedly reprise his role as the criminal comedian Arthur Fleck/Joker in the upcoming sequel alongside returning co-writer and director Todd Phillips. Warner Bros. has reportedly received the first draft of the film's script, according to an industry insider via Heroic Hollywood, with the studio set to begin shooting the sequel sometime in 2023. Further details regarding plot information as well as other new and returning characters are currently being kept tightly under wraps.

This isn’t needed

aint we been down this path with Todd Phillips and sequels……

I honestly don’t think Joker was that good of a movie. Joaquin was great but altogether as a movie it was incredibly heavy handed and some of the writing I felt was flat out bad

personally i thought it was a solid movie, tho i think the cinematography was the real standout. Also, i greatly appreciated the angle they went with in terms of origin...the mental health vs falling into chemical...

his laugh wasn't on par with ledger's and not in the same realm as hamil's. I thought it was well acted.

But the bigger question for me was...to what end? you create this adult level origin story of a man in his 30s-40s, where bruce is a little kid, and illustrate how his life sucks and one thing leads to another to drive him over the edge and create what is to become the joker..but nothing was really setup for any future usage with batman. joker itself doesn't work without batman and that obv isn't gonna happen.

i appreciate the R rated approach with joker because honestly, the comics are what they are. but a sequel is ridiculous. what story could you possibly tell in another movie?

Last edited:
personally i thought it was a solid movie, tho i think the cinematography was the real standout. Also, i greatly appreciated the angle they went with in terms of origin...the mental health vs falling into chemical...

his laugh wasn't on par with ledger's and not in the same realm as hamil's. I thought it was well acted.

But the bigger question for me was...to what end? you create this adult level origin story of a man in his 30s-40s, where bruce is a little kid, and illustrate how his life sucks and one thing leads to another to drive him over the edge and create what is to become the joker we know...but nothing was really setup for any future usage with batman. joker itself doesn't work without batman and that obv isn't gonna happen.

i appreciate the R rated approach with joker because honestly, the comics are what they are. but a sequel is ridiculous. what story could you possibly tell in another movie?
Who said he's the joker we are familiar with?

Just popping in to say Doom Patrol is the best, most original gaddam TV show I've seen since Twin Peaks. Just nonstop insanity. Started binging it about a week ago and I'm halfway through the second season and it just hasn't fallen off one bit. The first couple episodes of WandaVision were like this but then it became standard Marvel ****, but this show just demonstrates everything that makes comic books great. I gotta get the full Morrison run of the comics soon.

That's all - I'll be back after The Batman hits lol (I avoid this thread like the plague before DC movies drop to avoid any semblance of spoilers)

Just popping in to say Doom Patrol is the best, most original gaddam TV show I've seen since Twin Peaks. Just nonstop insanity. Started binging it about a week ago and I'm halfway through the second season and it just hasn't fallen off one bit. The first couple episodes of WandaVision were like this but then it became standard Marvel ****, but this show just demonstrates everything that makes comic books great. I gotta get the full Morrison run of the comics soon.

That's all - I'll be back after The Batman hits lol (I avoid this thread like the plague before DC movies drop to avoid any semblance of spoilers)

peacemakers worth a look too

i get lil caesars once in a while just for the nostalgia

always remember having pizza parties in middle school/high school where we would watch movies in those giant tube tv’s you have to roll in with those carts, even if its some crappy vcr films, its always appreciated and the pizzas always the cardboard bread lil caesars 🔥

sh*t, might end up having that for dinner today while i watch the boxing match tonight :smokin never breaks the bank either :smokin :smokin

Back
Top Bottom