DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Just ran across spoilers for the mid-credits scene
Waller = WOW -- can't wait for her to match wits with Lex
whats the scene or link to it
Its Waller and Bruce Wayne in the restaurant where she has the meeting you see in the trailer. She wants protection from the fallout of the events of the movie, which Bruce offers her (being a rich and powerful individual, presumably). So she hands over a file marked TOP SECRET with metahumans in it. Included are Barry Allen and Arthur Curry. She wants to know why he wants it and he says he likes to make friends. She says, "You believe in friends, I believe in leverage." He gets up to leave and she says he looks tired and should stop working nights *beep* Amanda Waller). He turns to her and says shut it down. Him and his friends will handle it That's not an exact transcript, but its close

Last edited:
C'mon now. It's not so black and white. There are people who were genuinely excited for BVS, but there were definitely people who were ready to not like it. For three years leading up to BVS, there was an insane amount of scrutiny and pessimism that other CBM's didn't have to face. You could easily tell who wasn't going to like it before it released.

I think those people who made up their mind to not like it were turned off by the choices that were made in terms of how things would go leading up to the JL(still can't believe it comes out next year) It also didn't help that MOS got the same kind of reception. It's one thing if they knock MOS out of the park, it's another thing if they deliver a mediocre movie and then jump into BvS without totally fleshing out and giving Supes his due.

For me the complete turnoff to BvS was the reveal of WW in action and of course the reveal of Doomsday, I'll say it before and I'll say it again, had those 2 things not been revealed at all in the trailers people(myself included) would've caped hard for the movie. Sure it was an ok movie and I'm sure the Ultimate version is great, but nowadays I think we need that WOW factor also, something that you just couldn't believe is happening and they took that away from the audience with those reveals. When you do that, it a lot easier to focus on the actual movie, acting, story, action etc. This is the same complaint I had about Ultron, no need to show the hulkbuster armor AT ALL.

Besides Batman and Superman and GL, I don't know much about the DC universe, so for me I'd LOVE for it to succeed so I can learn more about the characters and their entire world. I love how things look, the style how it's nothing like the MCU, It's awesome! SO far these movies(to me at least) are lacking the ooomph! that wow factor, they've had it, but given it away. I'm hoping with SS they don't do it. I've purposely not watched the final 2 trailers, so I can be fair with this film.

That Rock/Black Adam mock-up doesn't look bad. Who's going to play Shazam though?! I was kind of hoping we'd get a casting announcement for one of Shazam, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, or Darkseid. Or even just a logo for Shazam or Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Like how Marvel reveals the logos long in advance.

CW Xena would be in highschool and Gabrielle would be the nerdy kid who becomes her new best friend as they sulk in a soap opera type of melodrama. Xena wouldn't be half the bad *** she is. :lol:

I thought CW used to be UPN. Back when they had a mass of black sitcoms.

C'mon now. It's not so black and white. There are people who were genuinely excited for BVS, but there were definitely people who were ready to not like it. For three years leading up to BVS, there was an insane amount of scrutiny and pessimism that other CBM's didn't have to face. You could easily tell who wasn't going to like it before it released.

I think those people who made up their mind to not like it were turned off by the choices that were made in terms of how things would go leading up to the JL(still can't believe it comes out next year) It also didn't help that MOS got the same kind of reception. It's one thing if they knock MOS out of the park, it's another thing if they deliver a mediocre movie and then jump into BvS without totally fleshing out and giving Supes his due.

For me the complete turnoff to BvS was the reveal of WW in action and of course the reveal of Doomsday, I'll say it before and I'll say it again, had those 2 things not been revealed at all in the trailers people(myself included) would've caped hard for the movie. Sure it was an ok movie and I'm sure the Ultimate version is great, but nowadays I think we need that WOW factor also, something that you just couldn't believe is happening and they took that away from the audience with those reveals. When you do that, it a lot easier to focus on the actual movie, acting, story, action etc. This is the same complaint I had about Ultron, no need to show the hulkbuster armor AT ALL.

Besides Batman and Superman and GL, I don't know much about the DC universe, so for me I'd LOVE for it to succeed so I can learn more about the characters and their entire world. I love how things look, the style how it's nothing like the MCU, It's awesome! SO far these movies(to me at least) are lacking the ooomph! that wow factor, they've had it, but given it away. I'm hoping with SS they don't do it. I've purposely not watched the final 2 trailers, so I can be fair with this film.

Man of Steel was mainly critiqued to be "passable" or "okay". BVS gets s*** on and compared to The Last Airbender and After Earth.

Completely agree with you on the WW and Doomsday trailer reveals. It would of been cool to keep them a secret. It would of been so hype to see Diana use the gauntlets for the first time in the actual movie and not a trailer. Part of me thinks they're going to change that with JL and throw one of the Green Lantern's in there, even if it's after the final conflict near the end of the movie.

I've been critical of the DCEU too. They still need to re-cast that wack *** excuse for Lex Luthor. I don't even know why I'm talking about it, because it's done and gone, but it seems like some people (not everyone) just throw shade without being constructive and proposing solutions or giving the films any credit.

CW Xena would be in highschool and Gabrielle would be the nerdy kid who becomes her new best friend as they sulk in a soap opera type of melodrama. Xena wouldn't be half the bad *** she is. :lol:

I thought CW used to be UPN. Back when they had a mass of black sitcoms.
CW is the merging of the WB and UPN which is now a co-owned network by CBS and WB.

I was lost cuz I consider the WB very different from the CW.

That Rock/Black Adam mock-up doesn't look bad. Who's going to play Shazam though?! I was kind of hoping we'd get a casting announcement for one of Shazam, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, or Darkseid. Or even just a logo for Shazam or Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Like how Marvel reveals the logos long in advance.
Curious why they haven't announced Shazam yet.

A few names were being thrown around -- Channing Tat-yum and Joe Mang-gorilla.

Last edited:
Watching the Dark Knight Trilogy...

Feels just like I'm watching it for the first time.

Amazing

Watching mos on the fx channel. Besides the really stupid suicide by tornado, my only minor complaint was the dorky look of zod. You can't be a cool general villain with a bowl cut and mustacheless goatee.

A fight between Faora and Wonder Woman would be heaven. That needs to happen somehow.

Last edited:
Rumor is that the total cost of SS was $250mm

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom