DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I guess, but that's a big part of his character. Like Superman with the Kryptonians. If the Kryptonians and Martians are alive, do those guys realistically have reasons to go to Earth? Krypton doesn't get blown up and Kal-El grows up with his biological family. The Martians don't get killed and J'onn has a nice family life with his people.

Well just because he comes to Earth to save his race doesn't mean that his race and family have to survive the conflict or even the trip to Earth. But if Braniac captured his family/race, then that alone is definitely a reason to go to Earth if Braniac is on Earth. It then becomes an issue of whether or not the character would stay on Earth, which is where his race and family dying while there could come into play. I certainly see what you're saying though. Him being the "Last Martian" and Superman being the "Last Son of Krypton" are both pretty important elements of their respective mythologies. Could be argued that changing those aspects makes them a completely different character.

I don't care for MM in the DCEU unless they make that real effort to distinguish him from Superman and not make him another flying, god level alien with glowing red eyes.

He has too many powers too. What I'd do is play up the telepathy and the shapeshifting, and downplay some of the other stuff ("Martian Vision" :rolleyes)

There's a golden opportunity for the character if placed in the hands of a more competent film studio. The MM straddles the line between serious stoic hero and goofy as hell.

The New Frontier depicted him as being obsessed with TV to the point that his human disguise was a stereotypical tV detective. Then there's his obsession with Oreos.

I don't think he could carry his own solo but he could be a strong presence in other films. JL, for instance.

Bruce Wayne sneaks into the apartment of a young black detective living in Gotham City. The guy seems another weirdo like the flash, 4 TVs on, simultaneously playing 4 different channels. Dude is inhaling cookies, potato chips and soda at an alarming rate. Tries to play dumb and not know what Bruce is talking about. Bruce thinks he's some kind of minor telepath because he approaches cases with a 100% success rate and makes some of the more corrupt police authorities in Gotham nervous.

Then Bruce tries some Batman **** on him like he did Barry.

Instead of being wowed, the dude just laughs and calls Bruce naive. Starts rattling off all kids of things that he could have gotten from Bruce's mind, staggers the normally stoic and in control Bruce Wayne. Switches up his entire speech pattern from young earthling to ancient and filled with strange wisdom. Breaks the man's soul, damn near.

Reveals his true form. A lithe, green-skinned alien with glowing red eyes. Some ancient, extremely powerful creature. Bruce steps back in shock. MM says he'll join for the sake of his adopted people and his precious Oreos.

Something like that.

But I'd rather WB **** up Cyborg than Martian Manhunter.

Last edited:
I don't care for MM in the DCEU unless they make that real effort to distinguish him from Superman and not make him another flying, god level alien with glowing red eyes.

He has too many powers too. What I'd do is play up the telepathy and the shapeshifting, and downplay some of the other stuff ("Martian Vision" :rolleyes)

There's a golden opportunity for the character if placed in the hands of a more competent film studio. The MM straddles the line between serious stoic hero and goofy as hell.

The New Frontier depicted him as being obsessed with TV to the point that his human disguise was a stereotypical tV detective. Then there's his obsession with Oreos.

I don't think he could carry his own solo but he could be a strong presence in other films. JL, for instance.

Bruce Wayne sneaks into the apartment of a young black detective living in Gotham City. The guy seems another weirdo like the flash, 4 TVs on, simultaneously playing 4 different channels. Dude is inhaling cookies, potato chips and soda at an alarming rate. Tries to play dumb and not know what Bruce is talking about. Bruce thinks he's some kind of minor telepath because he approaches cases with a 100% success rate and makes some of the more corrupt police authorities in Gotham nervous.

Then Bruce tries some Batman **** on him like he did Barry.

Instead of being wowed, the dude just laughs and calls Bruce naive. Starts rattling off all kids of things that he could have gotten from Bruce's mind, staggers the normally stoic and in control Bruce Wayne. Switches up his entire speech pattern from young earthling to ancient and filled with strange wisdom. Breaks the man's soul, damn near.

Reveals his true form. A lithe, green-skinned alien with glowing red eyes. Some ancient, extremely powerful creature. Bruce steps back in shock. MM says he'll join for the sake of his adopted people and his precious Oreos.

Something like that.

But I'd rather WB **** up Cyborg than Martian Manhunter.

The more you talk, the more I'm interested in you finishing your own stuff.

I don't expect MM to have a lot of focus or anything close to a solo film in the DCEU. I just want to see him on the team where he belongs. Like how they use Vision in the MCU, but a little more significant. He's gotta be older and they can easily use him for his telepathy and shape-shifting over his other powers. Him and Batman can bond over their sleuthing.

If they have his love for Choco's in the DCEU, they need to have Booster and Blue Beetle. :lol: I wouldn't go to the extent that the comic went with it, but it would be funny if Booster and Ted at least prank him.

Pretty dope rumor/story idea for MoS 2 from 4chan:

• The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.

• Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

• J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.

• Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.

• Brainiac is the main villain.

• The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor.

• Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.

• General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.

• Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton.

• The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.

• Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.

• Superman will travel to space in this film.

• Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger due to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.

• Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.

• The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.
And just for extra...a fusion of Gadot+Robbie 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I guess we're just throwing out that prequel comic before MoS when Kara was in one of those Kryptonian ships that landed on earth thousands of years ago. Rumors sound fire though.

And Margot Gadot/Gal Robbie 
eek.gif

Last edited:
I don't expect MM to have a lot of focus or anything close to a solo film in the DCEU. I just want to see him on the team where he belongs. Like how they use Vision in the MCU, but a little more significant. He's gotta be older and they can easily use him for his telepathy and shape-shifting over his other powers. Him and Batman can bond over their sleuthing.

If they have his love for Choco's in the DCEU, they need to have Booster and Blue Beetle. :lol: I wouldn't go to the extent that the comic went with it, but it would be funny if Booster and Ted at least prank him.

Naah. If we're doing the joke it has to be done right

View media item 2144528

Definitely. Focus on his Martian origins, detective work, and actually show him in his true form outside of the superhero uniform. But I also wouldn't want them to downplay his abilities either. People have looked down on him for too long, as if he doesn't have what it takes to stand with Superman and the others. Show his physical strength when necessary to make it clear how powerful he is, but then show how varied his abilities are too in comparison to Superman: Invisibility, Shapeshifting, Telepathy, Telekinesis, etc.

Last edited:

View media item 2144528

I wouldn't mind that bit, but at the end when J'onn shapeshifts his addiction away and it becomes a living entity tar looking thing that attacks them. Then it gets full weird. :lol:

View media item 2144528

Definitely. Focus on his Martian origins, detective work, and actually show him in his true form outside of the superhero uniform. But I also wouldn't want them to downplay his abilities either. People have looked down on him for too long, as if he doesn't have what it takes to stand with Superman and the others. Show his physical strength when necessary to make it clear how powerful he is, but then show how varied his abilities are too in comparison to Superman: Invisibility, Shapeshifting, Telepathy, Telekinesis, etc.
Yeah I'm not a fan of dwarfing or ignoring whole parts of his power set just cuz Supes exists.

There's enough there to distinguish him personality wise and as a hero.

All in all I'd prefer he not be in the DCEU unless a capable writer director was behind his portrayal. Somebody I can get excited about. Not just a cameo in some Brainiac plot.

All I know is that if we're going to accept Cyborg getting his own film then Martian Manhunter definitely deserves one.

Cyborg film. :smh:

Who can name one Cyborg story or arc? Or one significant Cyborg villain? If such a thing even exists. He just got his own solo comic not that long ago. They need to put him back with the Teen Titans/Titans.

They're dumb as hell if they end up making a cyborg movie. Nobody wants that. I'd rather watch another robocop or terminator movie and those movies have been crap.

Probably a future marlon wayans spoof movie.

Surprised he hasn't done this yet. Next obvious step since we're in the golden age of supehero movies. I'd like him to do a spoof where the concept is Avengers/JL meets Goodfellas lol. Wishful thinking...

They already did a superhero spoof movie. Kevin Hart was even in it. It was just as bad as you'd expect.

Superhero_movie.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom