DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

We need a break from Harley. Like we do from Joker.

1646679365233.gif

rumors were circulating that they wanted anya taylor to be the next harley but take it with a huge grain of salt, just seems like evry studio wants here right now, sony supposedly wants her as black cat

Surprised everyone didn't like the chase scene. The revving of the engine and then it stalling out was great. It was better than anything in F&F. That car sounded horrifying in IMAX.

that car might be my fav batmobile yet. maybe cuz I'm a gearhead/car guy w.e....but that motor sounded sublime.

i really liked this film. i need to revisit some comic stories, but i thought it was a great film. my fav since dark knight. vampire rob did a great job as batman. i didn't have any high or low expectations, i approached it with a blank slate. his bruce wayne wasn't as good tho.

need to watch again tho to better absorb.

not sure if i missed much by not watching in IMAX 1.43:1. Saw in dolby instead (next best option since my imax was closed). there wasn't a lot of wide-area sweeping shots a la nolan that would've taken full advantage of the massive screen real estate. :nerd:

Last edited:
Was there another Batman movie, live-action or animated, where he fails this bad? Riddler pretty much won here and Batman is only half good at Riddles, apparently. I get it, only year 2:lol:
Batman: Hush

Mans couldn’t stop a serial killer who only killed on holidays for like 2 years :lol:

No Man’s Land was the same thing.

In thinking about it . I would love for WB/DC to utilize HBO Max this time to it’s most potential . Maybe have Penguin end up being the reason behind the death for the flying Graysons, and begin the Robin origin story there. Part of the reason we never properly get to the Batfamily stories is because in the past the movies needed to forgo the character development and give us the most they could within a couple to hours .

This time , I would like to Flesh out the Batfamily from the very beginning . I almost wish we could’ve gotten **** introduced in this first film at least so we could focus on his training to be Robin between the films.

If Reeves truly wants to leave a lasting mark on the franchise and differentiate from Nolan , doing a proper Robin and / giving us a Bat family would be a way at doing it

Don't agree with this at all. Reeves has done his job differentiating from Nolan and people are already calling this a top 2 Batman movie of all time so I think it's safe to say he left a lasting mark

I thought this movie was just ok. The news clips and riddler stans was too much like joker in dark knight to me and not executed nearly as well. The part with catwoman drinking milk was corny :lol:. Might as well had her take a **** in a box instead. And her mask was just stupid. Alfred opening Bruce's mail made no sense. Penguin stole the show. A movie with him as the main villain should be better

Edit - that was colin Ferrell? Wow :lol:

Last edited:
Robin comes in at around year 3 or 4 of Batman’s career ( Dark Victory ) wouldn’t have to be a huge time jump.

If Reeves truly wants to leave a lasting mark on the franchise and differentiate from Nolan , doing a proper Robin and / giving us a Bat family would be a way at doing it
Didn’t realize Robin came so early in his mythos.

the dude in the beginning with the half face paint, some are saying dude might be the future robin

ironically enough, dude is tim drake on titans

The one thing I appreciated most about the movie is how it would have me going "yeah this is how it would be if this was really happening" then going "this is straight out a comic book," sometimes simultaneously :lol:

THE BATMAN Ended Up With An Even Bigger Domestic Box Office Opening Than Originally Reported

Yesterday, we brought you the news that The Batman had opened to $128.5 million in North America, but the updated final numbers are even better than expected. Bear in mind that initial estimates suggested a $100 million debut may or may not happen, while we later heard that $110 million - $115 million would likely be as good as it gets for the DC Comics adaptation.

Well, The Batman actually ended up making a massive $134 million domestic this weekend, with a $56.6 million Friday (including $21.6 million from Thursday evening previews), $43.25 million Saturday, and a $31.15 million Sunday. After topping the $100 million mark by Saturday night, analysts now believe the movie will reach $143 million tonight and ultimately earn $400 million in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom