DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

How many movies do you Reeves is gonna do :lol:

i need to see this movie first.. but I was a fan from his apes movies and clover field

but dc needs its own Russo bros.. should be able to space out batman films and do a crap to between other DC films

but they are being smart developing the world of Gotham beyond the film.. the depth should be there to flesh things out to when batman shows up for the films and major events

i dont think that role can be given to reeves especially if his films are grounded

i really dont know who it can be but i am not sure it can be a director, it has to be someone with a bigger vision and not attached to a single character/world

feige just happen to be in the film industry and be a big comic book fan that doesnt seem to have much of an ego, he’s willing to explore and go out of the norm but has control to not go overboard

he can look ahead and see where things are going and adjust if things doesn’t go the right way or fans doesnt like it and then reward your loyalty with fan service

dc just doesn’t have that, many studios doesnt have that like WB had peter jackson for LotR series but he kind of fumbled the hobbit series, ridley scott got aliens but that has gone sideways now, star wars is kind of a mess on the movie front, james bond got the brocollis but even that was a cheesy mess before craig and we dont even know whats gon happen next, harry potter been up and down once they ran out of book material and vins fast franchise is a money maker for a different reason and was never about quality…

shonda rhimes might be the closest to feige right now and she works for tv

so yeah, its a very difficult if not an impossible task to get a producer for a world/universe thats reliable and gon be consistently good to great

Watched again today. Pacing wasn't an issue this time to me I guess since I knew where i was at during the movie.

Got 3rd viewing lined up this weekend :lol:

Something in the Way was a great song choice

i think a grounded batman could work in the grand scheme, but he has to essentially be the man in the chair kinda deal and thinking for everyone else

thinking like the animated movies and shows where he’s more team leader organizing and using his brain than anything

again, haven’t watched the movie, but my understanding is this version was low tech as hell.. so there’s obviously room for growth and improvement on that front

im going to go watch on Thursday.. but my hope is that eventually this batman could fit in the same world as say peacemaker

until you see it, there’s no point in really discussing it further because its really grounded and reeves is going to have to do a huge change in the world he has created to accomodate superman, ww, flash, etc…

its not just an advancement in tech but an introduction of meta humans is necessary which kind of look farfetch right now and i am not sure i want this to dive into that type of world, it needs to stay noir, a psychological thriller where bats gets better and better as the movie goes on where in the end its like the ending of oceans eleven where bats actually manipulates the bad guys and in the end reveals he knew it along and he has a contingency plans for everything

this bats cant be the one in a chair acting like oracle, thats what theyre gon be doing with keaton in the dceu and they just need to leave it at that

i think all im really trying to say is i love what reeves has done but he isnt the right man to handle the DC universe and navigate all these characters and story like the MCU, they need someone else

Hope there isn’t a Robin AT ALL.

They really shouldn’t do this after seeing the movie. HBO Max is spin-off happy right now with any DC movie that gets praised.
This is The best way to flesh out Gotham and the Batman universe . Also would allow for time jumps in the film and room for a lot of story to be told .

One jarring thing about the prior trilogy was going from year 1 to year 2 , to basically retirement. Would love it if the films actually gave us time jumps , while shows in between filled in Gaps and developed other characters for Reeves to use for the films . This is what I wanted the DCEU to do years ago, but they didn’t and now marvel is running with the idea and succeeding .

I don't think this will be an ongoing universe situation film wise. Reeves will oversee a few shows and do a trilogy and I think that's gonna be it.

thats kind of what theyre doing and they could expand further

there’s a gotham/gordon series and a pengiun series plus a rumor of a catwoman series too

also some ramblings that joker year 2 might show up in the gotham series too so who knows

as mentioned dc/wb/hbo are greenlighting everything that gets some interest (unless its snyderverse) so we might see more after the sequel

Screenshot_20220308-023826~2.png

Screenshot_20220308-023857.png

I do gotta say, it's nice to see this much excitement over live action Batman again

It is - as much as I enjoyed the Nolan trilogy this is what I've been wanting for over 20 years. I remember in the late 90s/early 00s there was a website called something like Batman V where people posted rumors and ideas about where to go next - after the 4 WB movies and what that turned into.

This is basically what people were asking for back then.

until you see it, there’s no point in really discussing it further because its really grounded and reeves is going to have to do a huge change in the world he has created to accomodate superman, ww, flash, etc…

its not just an advancement in tech but an introduction of meta humans is necessary which kind of look farfetch right now and i am not sure i want this to dive into that type of world, it needs to stay noir, a psychological thriller where bats gets better and better as the movie goes on where in the end its like the ending of oceans eleven where bats actually manipulates the bad guys and in the end reveals he knew it along and he has a contingency plans for everything

this bats cant be the one in a chair acting like oracle, thats what theyre gon be doing with keaton in the dceu and they just need to leave it at that

i think all im really trying to say is i love what reeves has done but he isnt the right man to handle the DC universe and navigate all these characters and story like the MCU, they need someone else

But do you think it could fit with the peacemaker world?

Maybe it's because I was dozing off a bit, but I know he was called world's greatest detective in this movie and everyone's praising that he did detective work. But Alfred was the one who figured our Riddler's crossword, Penguin told him he had the riddle answer wrong, and then the security guard helped him by letting him know that was a carpet tool at the end, so what detective work did he actually do that was so great?

Maybe it's because I was dozing off a bit, but I know he was called world's greatest detective in this movie and everyone's praising that he did detective work. But Alfred was the one who figured our Riddler's crossword, Penguin told him he had the riddle answer wrong, and then the security guard helped him by letting him know that was a carpet tool at the end, so what detective work did he actually do that was so great?
He did do a lot of detective work and solved riddles. I think the director simply said he would be more of a detective in the film(which is true). It's just the fans ran with it and started pushing world's greatest detective.

But do you think it could fit with the peacemaker world?

no just because that dealt with aliens taking over bodies and a giant “cow”

even peacemakers costume is uber colorful which already looks out of place for this film

he did a lot but pengiun was right in mocking him for being the worlds greatest detective but i think that was the only mention of it, no one else thought he was the worlds greatest detective in the movie

but back to what he actually did, alfred was actually wrong with the first riddle, bats figured out the first riddle and matches the letters to the coded and alfred went out of his way trying to figure it out then bruce just simply said just isolate it and they got the drive then he figured out the thumb drive

then he saw the boots that selina was wearing which led him to her and anika and gave her the eye thing, etc… not gon spoil much more

the second crossword with the rat, alfred just again followed the letter scheme from the first riddle bats figured out, without that alfred wouldnt even know where to start

he had enough detective instinct to go out as bruce to the funeral because he knew dude would be there

pengiun tried to be smart and told them they dont know spanish which to some extent is correct but again bats figured out what it meant and led them to whats next

the carpet thingy, yeah he had to be told what the item was but he had to do some detective leg work and go back and check it out again, if he didnt dude wouldnt have told him (yeah lucky dude was there that was related to a carpet installer but its a typical plot convenience we see all the time) and he had enough instinct that it meant something and to actually pull the carpet out of the apartment

but as mentioned above, the main point is this bats did the most detective work in this film than all of bats films combined and he figured out those riddles quick (or at least the answer and then had to search for the actual meaning)

no just because that dealt with aliens taking over bodies and a giant “cow”

even peacemakers costume is uber colorful which already looks out of place for this film

im more concerned with the look of gotham and where this batman could go

peacemaker is an idiot, but just like the real world, we see a lot of idiots that exist everyday

but if they went a little far with the look or noir of it all, then it’s hard to see things coexisting

Back
Top Bottom