DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

i don’t mean the rock should have waited for Gunn in DC

rock should have worked with Gunn wherever he could.. just seems like what Gunn does and the good aspects of the rock, would work well together
Given Rock’s whole formula for making movies he wasn’t ever really gonna cross paths with Gunn unless Gunn sought him out specifically.

I mean look at his resume or recent movies the past 3 years. He only mixes it up when a real big name director taps him.

This **** is playing our perfectly for Gunn and Safner and they didn’t even do anything:

- WW3 is on ice and they can now do whatever they want now that Patty is out and they have zero obligation to anything WW related.
- Rock over here cooking the books to fight for his DC career (?). Whatever the case is, Gunn and Safner have no ties to this and now zero obligation to keep it going.

I guess the only remaining project that has anything to do with the this DC Universe is Shazam. And I suppose you can question whether this DC Universe has anything to do with the Snyderverse? Been a minute since I seen Shazam, but other than a 3/4 cut of Superman, idk if anything in Shazam tied into the Snyderverse.

If Battison And Cavill Are Retained Idc About A Fresh Start.

Honestly More Concerned With Gunn At The Helm... Im Just Not A Fan, Way More Misses Than Hits To Me.
Not a fan of Gunn either. His GOTG movies are dope, but to helm the DC. He just need to move silent like Kevin.

I’d be glad to be proven wrong, though not hard to too all the hiccups DC been through :lol:

Also if Cavill left the Witcher for this mess :smh:
Bring him home to Marvel and have him be the MCU Venom :lol:

Got To Be A Chance When Gunn/Safner Took Over Keeping Cavill/Pattison/Joaquin On Was Apart Of The Deal

With The Success Of The Batman/The Joker And Fans Screaming For Cavill To Return That Would Make Sense.

Would Be Comical If Cavill Returns And Rocky Is Toast :lol: Nobody Wants To See Supes vs Black Adam Though

We Have An Animated Version Already :lol:

Not a fan of Gunn either. His GOTG movies are dope, but to helm the DC. He just need to move silent like Kevin.

I’d be glad to be proven wrong, though not hard to too all the hiccups DC been through :lol:

Also if Cavill left the Witcher for this mess :smh:
Bring him home to Marvel and have him be the MCU Venom :lol:
Gunn definitely won’t move that silent. He’s already replying to so much on Twitter. It his style but he’ll show restraint.

I feel like the GotG movies (Peacemaker and The SS) don’t show the full scope of what kind of movies he’ll executive produce for all DC. I think ppl should take a look at all of the movies he’s made and written and any tv work to get a slightly better idea.

He’s a huge step up on the creative side for DC though. They could’ve done a whole lot worse.

Got To Be A Chance When Gunn/Safner Took Over Keeping Cavill/Pattison/Joaquin On Was Apart Of The Deal
Joker and The Batman yes but why Cavill?

The first two are proven. Regardless of what fans online say. Cavill hasn’t been in anything for them since Justice League :lol:

It’s been said for the longest nothing was changing with w/e Reeves and Phillips were planning with their franchises.

Black Adam didn’t do well and the Rock seems to be the main reason Superman was brought back. Even before Gunn and Safran whoever is in charge was not ****ing with Superman and/or Cavill as Supes. After giving in to the Snyder cut and Batffleck dropping out of a Batman movie those in charge have been looking to move on. I totally get why they’re ending things. They probably not happy Batffleck gonna be in Aquaman either.

Last edited:
im not sure why people think all of dc is going to be like a gunn extended universe, he is not directing all of the films, he is just trying to put it all together so it makes sense and the dcu has a direction

keep in mind that he was feiges right hand man at marvel and was being groomed to eventually replace kevin so he’ll take those notes and create a slate of movies, show, games, etc… for dc so they’re interconnected and he might produce these films but just like the mcu, each film and directors are gon’ have their own style and tone

not every dc film moving forward is gon have ss/gotg tone and comedy style

Not sure who all these people think it’s going to be a Gunn extended universe. I’m just saying Feige is something special and just knows how to get it done and I’m not sure Gunn has the chops to do it.

Feige been getting credits since OG X-men and continuously throughout before even the MCU. Supposedly he was Feige right hand, but he was also fired briefly :lol: so anything can happen.

I just hope DC goes in the right direction as MCU pretty much laid the map and just have to copy paste.

im just reading a lot of “i dont like gunn’s style” or “humor” ever since the hiring

and gunn being fired is completely out of feiges hands, it wasnt up to him, more of a pr move by disney and see what happened next, wb/dc got him and there was no push back so marvel rehired him back again

but it was probably kevin who got james rehired to finish off his trilogy and even make an xmas special and a groot cartoon

these “internet” reporters going out sad

I had saw the first part with Gunn responding before but the second part where he doubles down and says Gunn is lying :rofl: ****ing hilarious.

If this was about a new casting I could rock with the probability but he is arguing over whether Gunn likes a person and its based off his "sources". So you're relying on others who allegedly heard from Gunn or someone else that Gunn does not like Cavill :lol: How can ppl be so stupid?

Does being an online rumormonger pay well? Cuz it sounds like a great and easy job. I can definitely make **** up call day and just use NT as my "source."

Ryan Gosling is being heavily considered to be the new Flash by Gunn & Safran.

:nerd:

Reading this just reminds me how trash Patty's and Gal's Wonder Woman really is.

WW should be like Xena the Warrior princess with a demigod's gravitas. Should've got Sam Raimi to write those scripts.

Last edited:
Seems like the same mistake trying to force a Universe. Not a thing wrong with standalones. Different storylines can exist like in comics. Give them a unique brand if it helps.

I think I read somewhere early on that the Reeves' stuff would remain in it's own universe when the news of Gunn/Safran dropped.

But I wonder as Gunn/Safran are sorting through their 10-year plan, and if they really wanted to have Battinson be there Batman....would there be a price tag he would agree to? :nerd:

Because the way I see it - You're gonna scrap the Snyder-verse. You got the Reeves-verse in it's own pocket. Then you're gonna create a whole other Gunn-verse...bruh, ****'s confusing. It would be so much better if they just built off the Reeves-verse/Battinson...

I said this last week, to me it actually makes sense to try and utilize the Battinson universe. If you're trying to establish THE MAIN Universe of your storylines, having multiple universes will confuse the general audience. Same thing is kind of happening to Star Wars when you keep dabbling in and out at different parts of the timeline.

The Battinson verse is already established, already successful, and has no connection to other characters at the moment. It makes sense...but i am curious if Battinson is committed to the role to be apart of a bigger franchise now. I think that's the elephant in the room that needs to be addressed if this rumor is true.

gunns lying!!!

:rofl:

but in all serioussness, gunn’s gon put a lot of people in their place and its gon’ be a rude awakening for these so called journalists

Back
Top Bottom